Beauty Army May 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by brandarae /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just picked mine. I'm getting:

NYX Provocateur Mascara

EyeCandy Coolers (yay!)

Indie Lee - The Daily Moisturizing Oil (Lavendar)

Atopalm Intensive Moisture Cream

Institut Karite Rejuvenating Hand Cream

Grand Central Beauty Smart Skin Perfecting Mask
I finally got the invite and I was happy to get the EyeCandy Coolers too! In all I am happy with my first box.

OK, I feel really silly, because there is probably some obvious answer, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to skip a month.  I just was got my invite to BA yesterday, but I played around for quite some time and couldn't find any samples I wanted to try.  I want to skip this month but still give it a try for next month... would someone be so kind and explain how to do that?

Originally Posted by kloudes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

OK, I feel really silly, because there is probably some obvious answer, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to skip a month.  I just was got my invite to BA yesterday, but I played around for quite some time and couldn't find any samples I wanted to try.  I want to skip this month but still give it a try for next month... would someone be so kind and explain how to do that?
I'm not sure you can skip the first month. I think you have to wait until your second month to skip? I thought I read that somewhere. 

Originally Posted by jumpnshout5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm not sure you can skip the first month. I think you have to wait until your second month to skip? I thought I read that somewhere. 
OK, that makes sense.  I thought it might be something like that since I had literally been to every page on the site and couldn't find the skip option! What will happen if I don't choose any samples? Do they still charge? Do they pick randomly for you? I don't think I've actually subscribed yet...

Originally Posted by kloudes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

OK, that makes sense.  I thought it might be something like that since I had literally been to every page on the site and couldn't find the skip option! What will happen if I don't choose any samples? Do they still charge? Do they pick randomly for you? I don't think I've actually subscribed yet...
You're not subscribed as long as you haven't pick your samples (just for the first month)

Say, you pick yours on Jun2 then your window will be the 2nd to the 7th every month.

So if you didn't find anything you want...just ignore it and play with the test a bit the next day until you want something, but I'd say think about it first because if the items fail to impress you the first month (because most people get excited at the items the first month, before they get bored by seeing unwanted items every month), the chances that it's gonna fail to impress you the following months is pretty high

Originally Posted by ladybritt /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I skipped this month because I liked nothing and didn't feel like messing it with (I was in a bad mood that day! lol) and now I really want those little eye gels! I love stuff like that when my allergies flare up...ugh. I hope they still have them next month!
I saw something similar at Target the other day if you end up not getting them! It was some random brand that I don't remember, in with the Hello Kitty cosmetics stuff. I think they were around $5.

Just got my invite after being on the wait list and don't think i'm even going to join. the samples they had selected were 1/2 perfume 1/2 anti aging. I tried doing my profile different like 10 times. It added the dude wash, Still no makeup even though I selected ONLY makeup. and I said I was 55+ and then said i was 16 and it gave me the exact same choices. why does a 16 year old need wrinkle cream and why does a 55+ year old need acne treatments, lol. If i would have gotten ANY makeup choices or anything that i was really interested in I would have gone for it and at least tried it, but I think i'll just hold out for Glossybox.

Originally Posted by MandyLu13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just got my invite after being on the wait list and don't think i'm even going to join. the samples they had selected were 1/2 perfume 1/2 anti aging. I tried doing my profile different like 10 times. It added the dude wash, Still no makeup even though I selected ONLY makeup. and I said I was 55+ and then said i was 16 and it gave me the exact same choices. why does a 16 year old need wrinkle cream and why does a 55+ year old need acne treatments, lol. If i would have gotten ANY makeup choices or anything that i was really interested in I would have gone for it and at least tried it, but I think i'll just hold out for Glossybox.
I agree, I finally got my invite as well. I am not joining, no matter what I did I got the dude wash and the rest were anti aging and perfume...

Exactly. That's why I skipped & considering canceling.

Skip or not to skip? The only item out of selections I'd choose is the eye candy. I retook my beauty profile about 5 times and nothing else is grabbing my attention.

Hmmmm...  thanks Angie!  Now I wonder if there are limits to skipping like once a year, can't do 2 skips in a row, enter 'skip' command whilest standing on head on a Tuesday and spin counter-clock-wise, etc...

Anyone have experience on skiping 2 months in a row?  

ZoomButt.gif

Hopefully something good comes up this next month, or else I think I'm completely done with BA. Sad, because the first box was great, and i really love the packaging....but I'm not paying this much for small vials of perfume and one-use cream packages.

All this talk about not being able to skip twice just scared me into cancelling. I haven't been too impressed with Beauty Army other than the ability to choose samples. I'd rather have some great samples chosen for me than to choose 6 that I'm just "meh" about.

Originally Posted by Angie Tacker /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I can't even skip. I am getting last month's "sorry you skipped" page and my window opened two days ago!
Sounds like you can't even select anything either? How frustrating, have you spoken to CS? Am interested in hearing what they have to say and whether you would be able to skip again if you're unhappy with your selection.

Hi Angela,

I'm so sorry about the inconvenience. We have discovered the issue (because you skipped last month at the beginning of May, the system thinks you skipped this month too, because it's still May), and it will be resolved by tomorrow!

If you have any questions, please contact [email protected].

We're always on the front lines of beauty for you.

With beautiful well wishes,
Briana
Customer Success Manager

Member Care Email: [email protected]

Originally Posted by onthecontrary /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I saw something similar at Target the other day if you end up not getting them! It was some random brand that I don't remember, in with the Hello Kitty cosmetics stuff. I think they were around $5.
The Shops at Target Aspen Cos Bar stuff, IIRC.

Back