Beauty Army May 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I was already charged yesterday but still deciding if I will skip or not.

**EDIT**

I give up. I retook my profile more than 10x today. No matter what combinations I make, still the SAME CHOICES are given, just in shuffled order. I felt dumb hoping for new stuff to come up -- well the NYX Mascara is new, but I already have enough mascara. Officially skipping this month.

Do they automatically refund the charge or I need to contact them to let them know I skipped?

Beauty army is adding eyecandy eye cooler things...I want them bad! My window opens in 2 weeks...I'm hoping for NYX, eyecandy coolers, leave in hair treatment, maybe some oldies.

My kit arrived in the mail today. Yawning a lil bit.. I decided to go ahead and make my selections mainly for the foundation.  I received a mymix in my 2nd sub. earlier in April and it's a little bit too light for me.  This one is just a shade too dark, so I plan on mixing them up for just the right shade.  The Atopalm looks promising and the Institut Karite cream is a decent size sample. The fragrance samples are TINY.  It would have been nice to have the NYX mascara available when I selected last week, but oh well. I'm not completely over BA, but I'm just not that excited about it anymore.  Hoping for better samples again next month.

I'm seeing man stuff on here. Out of curiosity, how often is there stuff for men? Can you choose all men stuff? My boyfriend is dying for some kind of sub after seeing all of mine and I'm trying to figure out if there's a less expensive option than BB.

Originally Posted by arendish /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm seeing man stuff on here. Out of curiosity, how often is there stuff for men? Can you choose all men stuff? My boyfriend is dying for some kind of sub after seeing all of mine and I'm trying to figure out if there's a less expensive option than BB.
My BF has Get Fresh Kit it's $20/month but better than BB IMO, he agreed. (he had 1st man BB and wasn't thrilled)

Originally Posted by Scawolita /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My BF has Get Fresh Kit it's $20/month but better than BB IMO, he agreed. (he had 1st man BB and wasn't thrilled)
What kind of products or how many products comes in the Get Fresh Kit?

Originally Posted by SeptEllis /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What kind of products or how many products comes in the Get Fresh Kit?
1st box he got:

Maximum Renewal Moisturizer

by 4VOO
Rejuvenating Under Eye Gel

by 4VOO
Eau de Toilette

by Alford & Hoff
Daily Protein Shampoo

by Baxter of California           ^He's been using this for about a month now and is INLOVE with it. His hair has been thinning for the passed 3-4 years and within the last month we've seen it make a HUGE come back :]

After Shave Cream

by eShave   Shave Cream by eShave
^ Both smell really nice

Get Fresh Kit Shaving Brush

by Get Fresh Kit
^ So he said this was a crappy version, but was still kinda happy to get it because when applying the shave cream with brush you get a closer shave..

Originally Posted by Scawolita /img/forum/go_quote.gif

1st box he got:

Maximum Renewal Moisturizer

by 4VOO
Rejuvenating Under Eye Gel

by 4VOO
Eau de Toilette

by Alford & Hoff
Daily Protein Shampoo

by Baxter of California           ^He's been using this for about a month now and is INLOVE with it. His hair has been thinning for the passed 3-4 years and within the last month we've seen it make a HUGE come back :]

After Shave Cream

by eShave   Shave Cream by eShave
^ Both smell really nice

Get Fresh Kit Shaving Brush

by Get Fresh Kit
^ So he said this was a crappy version, but was still kinda happy to get it because when applying the shave cream with brush you get a closer shave..
Second box:

After Shave Balm

by Baxter of California
Super Close Shave Formula

by Baxter of California
Industrial Strength Hand Healer

by Jack Black
Signature Blue Mark Eau de Parfum

by Jack Black
Green Boost Energizing Facial Scrub

by Nickel
Green Boost Moisturizing Facial Energizer

by Nickel

That honestly looks much better than the BB, thanks. I'm going to check it out. He would never wear muti-colored socks, but he secretly loves products. Sorry to ask so many questions, but do you do a profile or pick the products? He has a beard all the time, so close shaving products are unnecessary. His beard is so thick and curly that it's actually painful to shave closely.

So, I retook my profile a total count of 20x trying to get everything I wanted to show up (but to no avail).  I wanted an Indie Lee body wash, but that never showed up, lol.  All in all, I'm pretty happy with what I'm receiving as those eye candy coolers retail for $12, and the NYX is worth $5-6 so I got my money's worth and then some.  Still not that impressed though.  The NYX mascara doesn't have promising reviews at all. lol...But I'm going to use it with my Tarte Primer.

Oooh I actually like that kit above me! Thanks whoever posted about the get fresh kit. I'm gonna buy my bf one!

Booo. My box just came...very underwhelming. Also, the reusable box was severely damaged so it's trash now. I refuse to pay for another box if it has 3 or more things in it I don't want...

Booo. My box just came...very underwhelming. Also, the reusable box was severely damaged so it's trash now. I refuse to pay for another box if it has 3 or more things in it I don't want...
Email Nancy-Lee, she'll send you another (empty) box if its damaged. She did it for me once.

Originally Posted by arendish /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That honestly looks much better than the BB, thanks. I'm going to check it out. He would never wear muti-colored socks, but he secretly loves products. Sorry to ask so many questions, but do you do a profile or pick the products? He has a beard all the time, so close shaving products are unnecessary. His beard is so thick and curly that it's actually painful to shave closely.
You do a profile and aren't able to choose. :]

Maybe I will get in soon... I really like the eye candy thingys!!!! Ug Ug Ug, I hate being patient!

Made my picks on Friday 5/18/12

Hopefully these images appear, not sure how to copy & paste from the BA website.

I am getting...

NYX Provocateur Mascara (full-sized, $6 value)

to volumize & seperate lashes - looks like it has 2 brushes/wands

I have only one mascara that I can use (that doesn't weigh down &

straighten my lashes after I curl them), so willing to try something new

Atopalm Intense Moisture Cream (.25 fl oz)

I love moisturizers, this one seems like it can be used on face or body

Mama Mio Tummy Rub (1.7 fl oz)

Not pregnant (& not planning on being so again), but do have remaining

stretch marks & heard that this body butter smells great

Indie Lee The Body Lotion (Lemongrass, 2 fl oz)

Korres Guava Shower Gel (.3 fl oz)

Hey Dude, Dude Wash (.33 fl oz)

Thought my oldest would like this for his gym bag

This is my 2nd BA kit, so far I like it!  Cute boxes too!

I've been considering this subscription for a while but now it looks like subscribers are unhappy with the selections.  Is it just this month or have the sample choices been continuously getting smaller with less variety?

Latest posts

Back