Beauty Army May 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by BabyMafalda /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I skipped this month's box, but they charged my credit card with the 12 dollars. Do you think that I need to email them??
I don't think so...I did when I was charged that and they said they charge then refund. Makes no sense, but it is what they do, I guess.

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I skipped...again. Not worth 12 dollars when the only things I could get to come up that I wanted were the indie lee bodywash and mamma mio body butter.
The Indie Lee body wash is fabulous! I barely just finished mine (was rationing so it would last longer)

I don't think so...I did when I was charged that and they said they charge then refund. Makes no sense, but it is what they do, I guess.
That's irritatingly dumb.

Thank you!!!!

They need to do their skip process like Julep which you have until XX day to skip or you get charged. Shouldn't be too hard even with their selection windows to postpone charging a customer until they actually placed their sample order.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They need to do their skip process like Julep which you have until XX day to skip or you get charged. Shouldn't be too hard even with their selection windows to postpone charging a customer until they actually placed their sample order.
Agreed! It shouldn't be hard at all. Just change the charge date from the day selection opens to the time they actually select. 

Originally Posted by perfeklyflawed /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is my 3rd month and I have YET to produce a selection window that contains an eye makeup or lippy.  In fact, the only makeup item I've ever been offered is the My Face foundation (which made me itch).

While some of the skincare/haircare products have made me feel my $12 was well spent, I'm getting a bit frustrated with being offered the same product or product line, or the same type of product in a different line and for the 2nd month in a row, I've been offered (2) perfume samples and while my 22-year old son may like the DUDE WASH, wtf?

Perhaps I'll skip for the first time this month... ugh.

Anyone have any feedback about any of the items in my selection window - like if any of them are awesome and I just don't know it?  
laughno.gif

Man! I've NEVER had an indie lee product come up for me! I SWEAR I always "just miss" the good ones. My selection was last week and I skipped.

If you want to review a certain product you can go to the shop page and click on the product you wanted to review, they have "write a review" on the page. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I think the review of brands is for BA to collect information and reward us by badges. Or else I wouldn't bother to review "a brand". Could it be the actual box they received, which is likely to be the choices 2 weeks ago? I picked my samples on May2 and the Marco Pelusi conditioner was there (I chose I have thin hair and I selected I wanted hair products on the quiz). I haven't used it yet because I am still using my Nioxin lol
It was the box they received but they got that marco leave-in AND the Joico, which doesn't make sense to me because i had to select dry/damaged hair for the Joico (my selection started May 1st.) I wouldn't be able to select thin hair as well, so I wonder how she got both of those products? Also I'm super envious because she got those AND a LaRocca lip product in her May box :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> luckyyyy

This is my 3rd month and I have YET to produce a selection window that contains an eye makeup or lippy.  In fact, the only makeup item I've ever been offered is the My Face foundation (which made me itch).

While some of the skincare/haircare products have made me feel my $12 was well spent, I'm getting a bit frustrated with being offered the same product or product line, or the same type of product in a different line and for the 2nd month in a row, I've been offered (2) perfume samples and while my 22-year old son may like the DUDE WASH, wtf?

Anyone have any feedback about any of the items in my selection window - like if any of them are awesome and I just don't know it?  
laughno.gif

We have the same samples! No matter how many times i retake my profile, those same exact choices come up. I am starting to get frustrated
mad.gif

I see NYX is listed on their brand page now. Has anyone seen any NYX products come up in their selections yet?  That is exciting to see, I like that brand
biggrin.gif

laughno.gif

I received the perfume sample on the bottom right and it was a pretty sad sample.  The sample comes in a very small vial and it was filled only 4mm.  It smells like a colada - pineapples & coconut...reminds me of a Slatkin candle from BBW.  Not my kind of perfume.  I've never seen the Tummy Rub sample -top right- before, must be new.

I'd love to get some NYX....they've got some good mu.  I've never seen an NYX sample so hoping for full sizes.

I just got a full size NYX mascara to show up, but its still the only sample I'd even want. Since it retails around $5-6, if I really wanted it, I'd just go buy it. And I don't really want. So NYX is there, for anyone who wanted some. 

Seems new products have released since I posted yesterday... made NO changes to my profile and when logging in I had the following being offered to me this month.  Simply excited to see NEW items even being available... now to decide if I want to order them, or go thru the hassle of skipping for this month and then waiting for them to refund what was charged YESTERDAY (what a ridiculous system).

LOL, no worries, I already had the website up and was checking out my options and considering my order... 
hehe.gif

Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ooh, interesting. Thanks for that. I guess I could have gone to the shop and looked, so thanks for doing that for me :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yay I've been stalking this thread hoping to read that they had new samples! Very excited to see that they do, and hope that they're still available when my window comes around (on the 26th)

Latest posts

Back