Beauty Army May 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by StellaSunshine /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've been considering this subscription for a while but now it looks like subscribers are unhappy with the selections.  Is it just this month or have the sample choices been continuously getting smaller with less variety?
It's been up and down. January and February were awesome, march was terrible, April was really great again, May was not so great. (For me, obviously. Other's may feel differently.)

It's definitely touch and go. I'm in my selection window right now, and no matter what I try, I end up with 3-4 really small fragrance items, and acne product, and a men's body wash, along with same underwhelming options for the last 3-4 samples. I tried e-mailing Nancy Lee, but she wasn't really helpful. I'll probably skip this month and future months until their selection is back up to par.

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

This is my first BA box, I played the profile roulette like a favorite toy until all my 'aces' came up.  I figure some play on-line poker, others 'angry birds' for hours on end...  this is my virtual game, except I actually get a little box of treats!  It's a $12 game machine with unlimited play until you decide to cash out or skip and hold on to your $12.  You really can't beat it. 

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Sorry for the overpost!  

I kept receiving "system error" message after submission, so I'd repost.  By the look of things, the error message should have read "processing" or "reviewing" and I would have gone out for froyo instead of posting mutliple times.  

So I'm just going in to blank out the other posts, at least it'll take up less space :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />....

Mod Edit: cleared up the extra duplicate posts for you. - Annelle

Originally Posted by FormosaHoney /img/forum/go_quote.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

This is my first BA box, I played the profile roulette like a favorite toy until all my 'aces' came up.  I figure some play on-line poker, others 'angry birds' for hours on end...  this is my virtual game, except I actually get a little box of treats!  It's a $12 game machine with unlimited play until you decide to cash out or skip and hold on to your $12.  You really can't beat it. 

ZoomButt.gif

Ok, that's definitely a different way to look at it, LOL.  Is it easy to skip out a month?  I don't want to deal with too much riff raff if I decide to skip a month.  Thanks!

I recall reading on the thread that if you skip the month on the 1st day of your window, no deductions are made to your credit card.  If you do nothing during your window, your box will be selected for you and sent out.  If you cancel anytime after the 1st day and before your window is up... BA will put in a refund process, as the money is deducted after the first day of your selection window.

I haven't canceled yet, but I am in full understsanding of the rules of the game and aware that the 'skip this month' will be in rice-size print and require a little skill in locating it.

I rolled the dice a few times during the first twleve hours and it was mostly perfumes, with some products, but not good enough value for me.  I waited one business day to see if they might get new stuff and they did, when the eye-candy popped-up, that was my queen for my 'full-house' and I gave them my $12.  

Looking at their inventory pattern for the past year or so?  I'd say BA is good for 5 to 7 months of continous run, longer if you skip from time to time.  Then you'll exhaust their inventory run and find yourself  looking at 8/9 products that are either perfume viles or those single-use packages that I personally find next to no incentive in collecting or trying out.  Of course, I'd love to be proven wrong!!!     

ZoomButt.gif

I subscribe to Birch and Test Tube, both of which I can't skip, which is fine, they'll be my 'regular'.  I'll 'activate' the BA when something really catches my eye.

Originally Posted by FormosaHoney /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Looking at their inventory pattern for the past year or so?  I'd say BA is good for 5 to 7 months of continous run, longer if you skip from time to time.  Then you'll exhaust their inventory run and find yourself  looking at 8/9 products that are either perfume viles or those single-use packages that I personally find next to no incentive in collecting or trying out.  Of course, I'd love to be proven wrong!!!     
That's actually a pretty good way of thinking about it, especially with all of these "I can't quit you" threads on subscription boxes.  If you think of BeautyArmy as one that you *should* skip from time to time, or *should* skip for 2-3 months in a row to let them restock, maybe it'll help out by saving you money and help lessen that feeling of *needing* that box every month? lol

As with any subscription box, when it's good, it's *really* cool.  At least BeautyArmy is one of those that you aren't required to pay for a box you won't want, which in the end, has always got to be a plus.  (I'd still rather get a refund after a 1 week wait than pay for a dud box that I can't return and won't use.)

Yes, it'd be better if every month was total excitement, but a full refund through skipping is better than being required to pay for stuff you don't want.

Ok so I just got the email saying I can pick my samples for Beauty Army. Since this is my first month, I'm actually super excited with my selection. I figured I would give the mascara a try even though some reviews online are questionable. I'm have my eye on the Control Corrective Redness Relief Serum, but I'm hoping you ladies could help me out. I have always had redness in my cheeks for as long as I can remember. Would that help with that?

I just got accepted into Beauty Army after being on the waiting list forever. I know a lot of you are knocking it now, but I'm going to give it a try, so wish me luck:)

I skipped this month because I liked nothing and didn't feel like messing it with (I was in a bad mood that day! lol) and now I really want those little eye gels! I love stuff like that when my allergies flare up...ugh. I hope they still have them next month!

That's actually a pretty good way of thinking about it, especially with all of these "I can't quit you" threads on subscription boxes.  If you think of BeautyArmy as one that you *should* skip from time to time, or *should* skip for 2-3 months in a row to let them restock, maybe it'll help out by saving you money and help lessen that feeling of *needing* that box every month? lol
ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

LOL on the 'Broke Back Box' remrk ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />...  Theses little sub gemes will definetly be my obsession this summer and fall, then I'll probably stuff X'mas stockings with them come winter.  Skipping for an extended period is a good play,    

Thanks for cleaning things up on the overposts and the feedback!

Originally Posted by ladybritt /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I skipped this month because I liked nothing and didn't feel like messing it with (I was in a bad mood that day! lol) and now I really want those little eye gels! I love stuff like that when my allergies flare up...ugh. I hope they still have them next month!
I think they are already gone anyway. I was trying to get them on the account I canceled, and I could around the 18th, but now with the same combination they don't show up.

I just picked mine. I'm getting:

NYX Provocateur Mascara

EyeCandy Coolers (yay!)

Indie Lee - The Daily Moisturizing Oil (Lavendar)

Atopalm Intensive Moisture Cream

Institut Karite Rejuvenating Hand Cream

Grand Central Beauty Smart Skin Perfecting Mask

Hmm I just logged in on my canceled account again and the eye things are there, along with more clickr, a different nyx, and some indie lee stuff. They must've reloaded.

Kind of sad. Didn't realize when you leave the website and come back the next morning, all of your samples are different. I was actually really excited and just got too busy to place the order last night. The things that are showing up now really don't interest me. I guess I won't be signing up for Beauty Army after all. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I skipped this month. I couldn't get more than 4 things I was interested in to show up. I redid my profile 4 times before I gave up. Hopefully next month will be better.

I skipped this month because no matter how many times I redid my profile, it kept trying to give me pretty much nothing but perfume/cologne samples and mens products! I was so irritated that I sent a frustrated email to the company about how jipped I felt.

Okay, this is a total aside, but since some folks mentioned wanting the korres guava lotion I figured I'd mention that the mini-thrill for today's"15 Days of Beauty" promotion at Sephora.com is a travel sized Korres Guava body butter. Spend $25 and use the code "15days" (online only).

Now I see what some of you mean. This is only my 2nd month but, other than Pink Sugar, which I own, I didn't see anything else really that I would want so I skipped. And if I don't see anything really next month, I'm canceling. I would've liked the lavender oil, actually, but again, not enough to spend $12 on.

Back