Beauty Army: November 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yay for another person who lives in the bay! lol
=D I was messing around seeing if BA still gives out Shea body creme and...nope I don't see it. I see the shampoo though but was not interest since he other products were things I have already. Also, ordering a $12 box just to try Shea shampoo seems silly to me. Anyways, I notice that after 3 mins past 9 am, the shea shampoo stop showing up (possibly out of stock). Wow...3 mins...so crazy!

Originally Posted by CinD /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Same here, except I live in the Bay Area so it's super diverse here. Love how everybody here exchange culture food infos =)
Me too!  I live in Belize although I'm American (hey, I've been here for ten years and am a permanent resident - that makes me American Belizean like Belizeans who immigrate to America are Belizean Americans, right?  Especially when I pick up my dual passport, love the culture here and in the U.S., such diversity) and the flan here is amazing.  Rich, dense, with lots of caramel sauce goodness, yum.  Even though this used to be British Honduras we have a large Latin flavor with the island I'm on having been part of Mexico a long, long time ago until the Mayans dug a canal for a trade route and made it into an island rather than a peninsula.  Thus the beautiful mix of cultures.  We also have lots of people from Salvador, Honduras and Guatemala here.  I love, love, love the Tres Leches here too.  Gotta learn how to make that.

Also, I can't believe that the shampoo 'sold out' in three minutes!  Well, I can, but sheesh.  Makes me want to be quick on the draw when my 9 a.m. slot happens but sad for ladies who can't be online at that time due to real life, i.e. work, kids, etc.  Maybe they should release new products at 9 a.m. one day and 7 p.m. the next day.  That's my suggestion.

btw since we are speaking of flan, if anyone wants to cook some I have a super easy recipe ^^ XD

Originally Posted by sweetiegirlll /img/forum/go_quote.gifThus the beautiful mix of cultures.  We also have lots of people from Salvador, Honduras and Guatemala here.  I love, love, love the Tres Leches here too.  Gotta learn how to make that.
I'm Costa Rican ^^ and haven't had Tres Leches in forever!Now I'm craving for it! your fault :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Btw anyone knows how much BA charges for shipping if you buy something from their store? I want to get the Shea Terra Body Creme and have no clue how much shipping will be, cuz they don't show it :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

FREAKING SCOREEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The *only* thing I'd change is the shampoo, I'd prefer pumpkin butter, but I'll live. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> The shampoo is amazeballs too. Last month I got the Japanese Cherry Blossom shower gel, this month Sweet Pea. I like both, so that's fine. Nailtiques formula two is a MUST HAVE for me. I've been using it for a year solid now. Omggggg. This box is worth every penny.

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm Costa Rican ^^ and haven't had Tres Leches in forever!Now I'm craving for it! your fault :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Btw anyone knows how much BA charges for shipping if you buy something from their store? I want to get the Shea Terra Body Creme and have no clue how much shipping will be, cuz they don't show it :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
You're welcome . . . he he he.  Tres Leches is, just indescribable really, I love the cake smothered in the sweet sauce, yum.  I've made the sauce before but not an entire cake.  One of the cakes I bought was a bit dry so I mixed up some sauce and added it and surprisingly it worked.

I'm looking into the Shea Terra creams too and I'm having a hard time picking a scent.  They all sound so yummy.

Originally Posted by HelloLeilani /img/forum/go_quote.gif

FREAKING SCOREEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The *only* thing I'd change is the shampoo, I'd prefer pumpkin butter, but I'll live. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> The shampoo is amazeballs too. Last month I got the Japanese Cherry Blossom shower gel, this month Sweet Pea. I like both, so that's fine. Nailtiques formula two is a MUST HAVE for me. I've been using it for a year solid now. Omggggg. This box is worth every penny.
That is a jackpot!  Nice.  I love it when a sub gets things perfect for us.  

i'm sad they don't let you keep one window open as a backup anymore :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> it makes sense but i like having the security of knowing there's a selection i can get that i wouldn't mind!

i'm sad they don't let you keep one window open as a backup anymore :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> it makes sense but i like having the security of knowing there's a selection i can get that i wouldn't mind!
Yeah. I've mentioned that on previous post at the beginning of this month too. I tried doing that 3 days in a roll and realize they no longer give you that option to do so.

Originally Posted by amidea /img/forum/go_quote.gif

mmm what if you try 2 different browsers O.O might work?

Does anyone know if you deactivate your account and then choose later to activate again, will all your rewards be gone when you come back?

EVERY BEAUTY
Pedicure Pad

SKINN COSMETICS
Twin Set (Pink Tulip)

YOU DA BALM
Tea Tree Lip Balm

BATH & BODY WORKS
Pink Chiffon Shower Gel

WHIP HAND COSMETICS
Locked + Loaded Loose Pigment Eyeshadow

B.I.O INC
SkinVie Age Defying Lotion

Too excited!  I signed in before noon,  and it was the same few packets and tea samples - no matter how I changed me profile.  I signed back in after noon,  and this was my selection window - so I just accepted!  I'd love the pumpkin body butter,  but I wasn't looking a gift horse in the mouth.  The Skinn alone is a win,  I got coral last month and love it.

Here's my absolutely fantastic amazing November box! Very happy with Beauty Army this month.

I've posted more photos and a review in my blog!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I bought the full size of the Shea Terra Shea Butter in Gingered Pumpkin and I can't stop applying it!! it smells soooo good! and they sent 2 samples <3

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I bought the full size of the Shea Terra Shea Butter in Gingered Pumpkin and I can't stop applying it!! it smells soooo good! and they sent 2 samples <3
I just got my Shea Terra order in today! I love this brand so much. Unfortunately most of these are Christmas gifts, but I did get for myself the Rose Hips Face Regeneration cream and one of the chocolate bars!

Oh and I got two samples too, the Argan Green Coffee Eye Serum and African Wild Sage & Cinnamon Bar. Thank God I looked up what the African Wild Sage and Cinnamon Bar was because it looks like an all natural chocolate/energy bar but it's actually soap! LOL

I got my kit! Spoiler heavy post :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Please excuse my heavily chipped nails!

A REALLY great sized sample. I expected this to by greasy, like those ointments you get in tins. It's actually very squishing (like a marshmallow!) and definitely a paste-like consistency. When I put it on my hair it felt more like a heavier, less greasy coconut oil. The smell was alarming in the jar at first, it's a really strong musky vanilla, but now I can't stop smelling my hair.

I really like this product. I don't very much experience with texture pastes, the only other one I've tried was from garnier years ago and I mostly used it just to give myself piecey bangs. My hair is curly/very wavy so applying this to a small section just made it slightly less curly.

I like this, but not as much as I expected to. The lipstick is sheer and smooth, so it's buildable; the gloss however is REALLY sticky for me. I'm used to regular philosophy glosses so this one was uncomfortable at first. The color is what I expected Maybelline's Baby Lips in Pink Punch to look like on me, it's kind of Barbie-ish and I don't have anything like it so I'm happy!

My only real complaint is that the packaging feels cheapie to me. It's not terrible but the silver tube is just plastic with silver over it. I don't think that it looks cheap, it just feels a little cheap in my hands. Not really a big deal, because I really like the color and the stickiness makes it feel like it won't come off my lips as much as other glosses, so I'm sold.
wub.gif

I have this in medium too. My skin is on the darker side of fair- almost medium, so I expected it to be very light on me (I planned to mix the two colors together) but it is barely lighter (if at all.) I don't really like this product, I thought I would like it if I had the right color, but I just don't. The only thing it does is for me is moisturize, it's certainly not a BB Cream. It leaves a dewy, sometimes greasy sheen on your skin. I have oily skin, so maybe this product just wasn't for me!
and here's a few pictures I'll leave without spoiler tags. My mystery sample turned out to be a cellceuticals moisturizer. I haven't tried the nailtiques but everyone raves about it so I'm really interested how it will do- it should be helpful when my nails aren't fairing well.

Also look at how tiny the Whiphand vial is! Mine does look like they fit a lot of product in it, so I'm not bothered by it, such a cute little bottle.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by autumnandicarus /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got my kit! Spoiler heavy post :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Please excuse my heavily chipped nails!

A REALLY great sized sample. I expected this to by greasy, like those ointments you get in tins. It's actually very squishing (like a marshmallow!) and definitely a paste-like consistency. When I put it on my hair it felt more like a heavier, less greasy coconut oil. The smell was alarming in the jar at first, it's a really strong musky vanilla, but now I can't stop smelling my hair.

I really like this product. I don't very much experience with texture pastes, the only other one I've tried was from garnier years ago and I mostly used it just to give myself piecey bangs. My hair is curly/very wavy so applying this to a small section just made it slightly less curly.

I like this, but not as much as I expected to. The lipstick is sheer and smooth, so it's buildable; the gloss however is REALLY sticky for me. I'm used to regular philosophy glosses so this one was uncomfortable at first. The color is what I expected Maybelline's Baby Lips in Pink Punch to look like on me, it's kind of Barbie-ish and I don't have anything like it so I'm happy!

My only real complaint is that the packaging feels cheapie to me. It's not terrible but the silver tube is just plastic with silver over it. I don't think that it looks cheap, it just feels a little cheap in my hands. Not really a big deal, because I really like the color and the stickiness makes it feel like it won't come off my lips as much as other glosses, so I'm sold.
wub.gif

I have this in medium too. My skin is on the darker side of fair- almost medium, so I expected it to be very light on me (I planned to mix the two colors together) but it is barely lighter (if at all.) I don't really like this product, I thought I would like it if I had the right color, but I just don't. The only thing it does is for me is moisturize, it's certainly not a BB Cream. It leaves a dewy, sometimes greasy sheen on your skin. I have oily skin, so maybe this product just wasn't for me!
and here's a few pictures I'll leave without spoiler tags. My mystery sample turned out to be a cellceuticals moisturizer. I haven't tried the nailtiques but everyone raves about it so I'm really interested how it will do- it should be helpful when my nails aren't fairing well.

Also look at how tiny the Whiphand vial is! Mine does look like they fit a lot of product in it, so I'm not bothered by it, such a cute little bottle.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

You have the prettiest hair! Both purple and natural it's awesome I'm so jelly :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Is that the Suntegrity BB Cream? I got that a month or so ago but haven't tried it yet. I wasn't really banking on it being a good BB cream, I'm glad you confirmed it! I have oily skin too so this most definitely won't work for me. Oh, and the Nailtiques IS awesome, it has had a dramatic effect on the thickness, strength and length of my fingernails!

Back