Beauty Army: November 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You have the prettiest hair! Both purple and natural it's awesome I'm so jelly :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Is that the Suntegrity BB Cream? I got that a month or so ago but haven't tried it yet. I wasn't really banking on it being a good BB cream, I'm glad you confirmed it! I have oily skin too so this most definitely won't work for me. Oh, and the Nailtiques IS awesome, it has had a dramatic effect on the thickness, strength and length of my fingernails!

Here's my absolutely fantastic amazing November box! Very happy with Beauty Army this month.

I've posted more photos and a review in my blog!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Ahhh thank you so much hehe
happy.gif
I had it five different crazy colors this year and I think I miss purple the most! I love how curly your hair looks in your picture, it reminds me of how my hair looked when it was shorter!

The Suntegrity sample is the BB cream that they introduced in September, but I think they changed the name on the site. I really wanted to like it because I'd love to have full coverage with one step. It does help even out my skin a little and it's really cool that it's a sunscreen, but I'd rather use foundation because I just hate the dewiness! Kind of reminds me of the Stila tinted moisturizers and Benefit You Rebel but I actually really like both of those.

I'm super jealous of everyone getting those shea terra samples, your kit looks amazing
icon_eek.gif
I kind of regret not grabbing the Argan shampoo because the last thing I needed was moisturizer! lol
icon_lol.gif

Oh and I got two samples too, the Argan Green Coffee Eye Serum and African Wild Sage & Cinnamon Bar. Thank God I looked up what the African Wild Sage and Cinnamon Bar was because it looks like an all natural chocolate/energy bar but it's actually soap! LOL
LMAO! I got the same samples and thought it was candy too! and I was so glad I looked it up cuz I thought it was edible too! XD I'm so glad I wasn't the only one XD

I just got my Shea Terra order in today! I love this brand so much. Unfortunately most of these are Christmas gifts, but I did get for myself the Rose Hips Face Regeneration cream and one of the chocolate bars!

I have been curious about their fair trade chocolate since they are affordable , please report how they taste :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by yoru /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have been curious about their fair trade chocolate since they are affordable , please report how they taste :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Well three of them are going along to my boyfriend and best friend for Christmas gifts, but one of the Dark Chocolate with Raspberries was for me and I love it. The chocolate itself is very good and the raspberries are very tart. They are freeze-dried raspberries so they have that consistency. They're too sour for my boyfriend's taste, but I love the combination of the chocolate and the raspberries.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm going to have to order the chocolate and ginger one. GINGER!! YUM!
I got the gingered pumpkin one with my leftover BB points. It's heavenly!

Hi everybody,

I decided to join the chat after re-subscribing with Beauty Army last night. 

Last year at this time, I was waiting anxiously for the Beauty Army launch. I made it through the two hour login process on New Years Day and got one their first kits - I still have my Joico hair treatment sample. Then I cancelled, but got a few more kits later in the year. I got some lovely samples. Lately I've been on a spending binge, buying way too many beauty items, and the resulting anxiety and excess has drawn me back to having a beauty sub in an effort to have lots of different treats without spending much or dealing with massive clutter. 

For my November kit, I'm getting the BBW Paris Amour shower gel [i missed it when it was originally launched], the Ineke Hothouse Flower Perfume [i loved all the perfume scents I got from Beauty Army - Rosie Jane Leila Lou was great], the Aphrodite powder, the Skinn Tulip lipstick duo [that did not look good too me until I saw a photo of one of these lipstick duos on these boards, then I had to have it], and two packets of face cream - one Egyptian magic [such a small size, but really excited to try Egyptian Magic]. 

I hope I can stay faithful to Beauty Army and thus cut down spending. I tend to go from sub to sub to sub, but Beauty Army has more of the things that match my taste, and I have higher changes of being happy since I can choose what I want. I got the November Glambag and it is a good buy but I'm really not much of a makeup girl. I'd rather have fragrances and lotions.

My Beauty Army profile: Everyday style - minimal; fragrance - floral; nails - French; evening out look - Hollywood glamour - that's me! 

Does anybody know how the Lashem works? I got a tube from BA recently and my lashes seem much curlier. Like, eyelash curler is redundant curly. I like the effect but I wonder what I'm putting on my eyes if it's turning straight lashes curly!

Originally Posted by sakurak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anybody know how the Lashem works? I got a tube from BA recently and my lashes seem much curlier. Like, eyelash curler is redundant curly. I like the effect but I wonder what I'm putting on my eyes if it's turning straight lashes curly!
 That happens when I use GrandeLash MD. I don't get length but I do get curl.

I re-subbed today after not getting a box for the past couple of months, they got me by having the youngblood mineral primer and macadamia hair oil. I received those both in a previous box months ago and fell in love with them both, I used all the primer and my mom stole the hair oil so I am excited to get new ones.

2593-0057-0001-150x150.jpg
2760-0062-0001-150x150.jpg
2925-0068-0002-150x150.jpg
3141-0066-0001-150x150.jpg
3494-0075-0002-150x150.jpg
3502-0080-0003-150x150.jpg

I saw that they have announced the next Whip Hand loose pigment:  Green Beret, "a stunning shade of light green with gold undertones."  I just happen to be on a loose pigment kick.  *So* antsy for my selection window, but it's not for almost three weeks!

I saw that they have announced the next Whip Hand loose pigment:  Green Beret, "a stunning shade of light green with gold undertones."  I just happen to be on a loose pigment kick.  *So* antsy for my selection window, but it's not for almost three weeks!
Lol, I feel like every month, 2-3 days after I pick, I get an email with a new product that I wish I had in my picks! Then I anxiously wait and hope that it's there next time! Three weeks is such a long wait!

I wrote a review on my very first November beauty army kit on my blog chect it out:)

its in my signature down below.

Eye Shadow Swatch:

Twin Set Swatch:

​
Bath and Body Works - Japanese Cherry Blossom Shower Gel
M.A.D Skincare - Daytime Defense Shielding Moisturizer
Suntegrity- 5 In 1 Natural Moisturizing Face Sunscreen Tinted in Light
WhipHand – Loose pigment eyeshadow in Lock + Loaded
SkinnCosmetics - Twin Set in Coral Poppy
You Da Balm – Coconut Natural Lip Balm

Loved the last 3 products listed, didn't like the first 3, which are up for trade or will be thrown in a trade list when I get around to making one...review on my BA box on my blog(link in siggy)

I wasn't happy about my BA selection window this month, but I won't cancel any time soon :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

ugh. I had two accounts, I could have sworn I skipped both of them this month. But one box came today. I should have declined it, but I thought maybe they picked some goodies for me. Nope. bunch of tiny junk. Including the tea, one time use hair mask, another bath and body works body wash, texture paste, that nasty smelling perfume sample, and that tiny shampoo sample. Whoever picked my box must have been in a bad mood. 

I skipped this month. 

I was able to get the new Whip Hand Pigment to show up, despite getting the other color last month.  I also got the Coral Poppy Twin Set last month and the Pink Tulip came up for me as well. Besides these two, I was only mildly interested in the other options.

Maybe next month's new items will excite me a bit more. >.< 

No matter what combination I tried I was never able to get this product that helped with age spots, freckles, & to even skin tone (can't remember the name). I would always get that product later through out the day but never in the morning. When it was given later in the day none of the other items shown below would be part of it. The other products would always be tea, tea, & more tea. But overall I am happy with this month I just wish I would had been able to get that item, it would have made my box perfect this month. This is what I ended up with...my box will not be here until December. 

your box still looks pretty decent :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I wanted the Pedi Pad for the longest time, but my bf's mom said she'd get me the Emjoi-Micro pedi thingie on QVC so I guess I won't be suffering trying to get the Pedi Pad from Beauty Army XD

Back