Beauty Army September 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by bblodie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

what else did you pick ? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I posted them on the first page of this thread....I am definately thrilled with this months selections....got a good variety!!!

This is my first month with beauty army and I'm super excited! I love the stuff I picked and can't wait for it to arrive! About how long after picking does it usually take for the samples to arrive (i know it varies depending on location but I'm just looking for a general estimate!)

Originally Posted by aleeeshuh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

SKIPPED AGAIN. There was nothing that interested me. I tried to see if my sample choice would change everyday during my window, but nothing. If there's nothing that interests me for the October selection, I'm definitely cancelling
I feel the same way

Originally Posted by aleeeshuh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

SKIPPED AGAIN. There was nothing that interested me. I tried to see if my sample choice would change everyday during my window, but nothing. If there's nothing that interests me for the October selection, I'm definitely cancelling
Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I skipped, too. I think I'm just going to cancel. It's just not worth it.
I skipped again as well & canceled. They lured me in with the macadamia oil in July which I ADORE. But I haven't been impressed with my selection the past 2 months. I logged on at 11:45am EST each day and changed my profile at least 10x to try to get different samples. So frustrating.  

Originally Posted by sammajamma /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is my first month with beauty army and I'm super excited! I love the stuff I picked and can't wait for it to arrive! About how long after picking does it usually take for the samples to arrive (i know it varies depending on location but I'm just looking for a general estimate!)
For me, it usually 10 days from picking my samples to them being in my mailbox. There was one off month where it took closer to 3 weeks. I'm on the east coast for reference. 

So I decided to give in and sign up for Beauty Army for the first time. It's only $2 more than my Birchbox subscription and I get to pick what I get, so I thought I should give it a go. Here's what I picked:  

I've really been wanting to try the Hair Oil - hopefully it helps with my frizzy hair. It took forever changing my profile to make sure I could also get the BB Cream and the Egyptian Magic. Every time I updated my profile, the products stayed mostly the same. Not really a great selection for me, so this was the best I found. Now my window is opens the 10th of each month. Is that a good time period?

Originally Posted by Abhivanth /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So I decided to give in and sign up for Beauty Army for the first time. It's only $2 more than my Birchbox subscription and I get to pick what I get, so I thought I should give it a go. Here's what I picked:  

I've really been wanting to try the Hair Oil - hopefully it helps with my frizzy hair. It took forever changing my profile to make sure I could also get the BB Cream and the Egyptian Magic. Every time I updated my profile, the products stayed mostly the same. Not really a great selection for me, so this was the best I found. Now my window is opens the 10th of each month. Is that a good time period?
I'm not sure if the time of the month is as important as what time during the day you sign up. Supposedly, the best samples are available as soon as the selections open each day and they sell out quickly. So since selection starts at 9am Pacific Time, but I've read that you should log on about 15 minutes before that. I live on the east coast, so it's 11:45am here.

Pretty decent selections this month. The past 2 months have been great for me. After 3 months of skipping, I had 3 great months in a row. Hopefully it stays great and I don't have to go through that cycle again... :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I am pretty happy with my selection. Right off the bat, I had the Shea Terra chocolate scrub but changed my profile a few times to get the Aphrodite powder and then I couldn't get the Shea Terra no matter what I tried. Total bummer, but I ended up getting the powder and the Nailtiques, which were my 2nd and 3rd choices and also picked up a couple things for my boyfriend (he loves cologne samples). In addition to this, I'm getting another Juicy Jewel sample because the one in my box last month had its cap busted off and it wouldn't go back on which was a shame because it smelled sooooo good, so I contacted their customer service and they're replacing it this month, which is pretty nice of them!

How do you guys get the eyecandy coolers?! I've been switching my profile and they still don't appear for me. 

Originally Posted by maryissa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How do you guys get the eyecandy coolers?! I've been switching my profile and they still don't appear for me. 
They would come up when I selected 'eye treatment' or whatever it says in the bottom right of the page where you select the types of samples you want to see.

I was bummed that I couldn't get the chocolate scrub last month and mostly foil packets were coming up so I skipped August. I forgot about the chocolate scrub this month, but I'm happy with what I got! I'm totally into BB creams right now, so I'm excited for that sample!

Out of curiosity, has anyone gotten one of the white or pink boxes? I keep getting the same old black ones.

Originally Posted by Abhivanth /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So jealous you got the macadamia oil to show up! I got it in July and if it came up in my selection again, I would have pounced, no question. It's amazing!

Here's a tip on using that oil... warm the bottle up in a nice jar of hot - like almost boiling hot - water so the oil heats up then apply to your hair like any other hot oil treatment. Leave in your hair for 15 to 30 minutes then wash out with lukewarm water (what ever you deem as lukewarm but you don't want steam). Your hair will be nice and soft.

I totally use hair oils "wrong". I realize most of them are for sleeking up straighter hair, and that's fine and all, but what I've found that I love to do (since I love my curls) is just put it on wet hair from the shower, then put on a plastic shower cap overnight. In the morning, not only is my hair uber-soft (though rarely dry), but the curls and ringlets are just PERFECT without any hassle. Just goes to show, sometimes the unorthodox method does well (I think the reason my hair doesn't look oily from doing this is the Arizona heat).

Back