Beauty Army September 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't get samples to show up on the page. Tried multiple browsers, restarted, etc. Blah. It lets me retake the quiz but then nothing shows up for samples.

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Can't get samples to show up on the page. Tried multiple browsers, restarted, etc. Blah. It lets me retake the quiz but then nothing shows up for samples.
The same thing was happening to me. They posted on Facebook that they're sold out until 9am PST.

I rejoined too, had to try the Lash serum...
smile.gif

FREEMAN BEAUTY 
VITA-K FOR SPIDER VEINS

BATH & BODY WORKS 
PARIS AMOUR SHOWER GEL

NUME 
HYDRO PUNCH SHAMPOO

SKYN ICELAND 
HYDRO COOL FIRMING EYE GELS

NAILTIQUES 
FORMULA 2 NAIL PROTEIN

LASHEM 
MEASURABLE DIFFERENCE LASH GEL

Has anyone skipped for two consecutive months?  I'm wondering if they keep repeating the same samples until you select them.  I ended up picking:

I have to say, great sample sizes this month!  they were all pretty big.   With that said, I hate the Aphrodite powder- and no wonder, when I looked at the ingredients online, Talc is the first listed. Cr*p product.  It is a good size, but I would really recommend against selecting it.  It found lines in my skin that I didn't know I had and really magnified them.

The Suntegrity was super thick,  too dark, didn't do much for coverage (I have some redness around my nose), and it was streaky on top of it all. Hate it. I seriously look like a greasy Snooky. 

I only picked the Freeman because it has been in my beauty window for 3 months. I don't have age spots, I'm still in my 20's.   I am looking forward to using the Eye Gels, but will have to wait for something special ( I still haven't used my chella yet either). The Macadamia oil is a great size and the packaging is pretty.. I think it was in last month's window though.. I use it so infrequently and in such a small amount for my fine hair, it's going to last me forever.

My mystery sample was Control Corrective Medicated Pumice Wash.  I had received it before from Beauty Army and wasn't a big fan of it then.

Overall, I was disappointed in my box and wished I skipped like I initially wanted to. Seriously, if someone skipped one month, don't have over half of their products the same for the following month selection window.   Now they have this crazy amazing lash stuff, I'm even more peeved because I doubt it will be there at the start of my selection window 10/1 since all these people are joining up to get it. I am annoyed with the survey, because it seems arbitrary and it doesn't reflect what samples you will get.  Age SHOULD change what samples you get.  That is why I got rid of My Glam.  I didn't want cheap crap that a teenager would want.  Also, I shouldn't have age spot remover in my window.  And the nail polish and makeup questions?  I wear all those types, but I shouldn't be defined by it.... I think I'm convincing myself to cancel.. sorry for the rant.

Darn lash gel was added to the inventory right after I decided to sign up and chose my samples. Oh well - at least I already got a similar product in my last Birchbox (it's by Talika).

Originally Posted by AMA983 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So jealous you got the macadamia oil to show up! I got it in July and if it came up in my selection again, I would have pounced, no question. It's amazing!
You know, that's the only thing that consistently came up every time. I'm glad, though, because I really want to try it. I just wish I could also have tried the dry shampoo and the eye coolers.

Originally Posted by lilsxkitten /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Has anyone skipped for two consecutive months?  I'm wondering if they keep repeating the same samples until you select them.  I ended up picking:

I have to say, great sample sizes this month!  they were all pretty big.   With that said, I hate the Aphrodite powder- and no wonder, when I looked at the ingredients online, Talc is the first listed. Cr*p product.  It is a good size, but I would really recommend against selecting it.  It found lines in my skin that I didn't know I had and really magnified them.

The Suntegrity was super thick,  too dark, didn't do much for coverage (I have some redness around my nose), and it was streaky on top of it all. Hate it. I seriously look like a greasy Snooky. 

I only picked the Freeman because it has been in my beauty window for 3 months. I don't have age spots, I'm still in my 20's.   I am looking forward to using the Eye Gels, but will have to wait for something special ( I still haven't used my chella yet either). The Macadamia oil is a great size and the packaging is pretty.. I think it was in last month's window though.. I use it so infrequently and in such a small amount for my fine hair, it's going to last me forever.

My mystery sample was Control Corrective Medicated Pumice Wash.  I had received it before from Beauty Army and wasn't a big fan of it then.

Overall, I was disappointed in my box and wished I skipped like I initially wanted to. Seriously, if someone skipped one month, don't have over half of their products the same for the following month selection window.   Now they have this crazy amazing lash stuff, I'm even more peeved because I doubt it will be there at the start of my selection window 10/1 since all these people are joining up to get it. I am annoyed with the survey, because it seems arbitrary and it doesn't reflect what samples you will get.  Age SHOULD change what samples you get.  That is why I got rid of My Glam.  I didn't want cheap crap that a teenager would want.  Also, I shouldn't have age spot remover in my window.  And the nail polish and makeup questions?  I wear all those types, but I shouldn't be defined by it.... I think I'm convincing myself to cancel.. sorry for the rant.
Yeah I am not impressed with the Suntegrity BB cream either and I agree that it is way to dark. The light is more like a medium.

2nd month with Beauty Army, first month selection was kinda blah but I got the macademia nut oil everyone was raving about so figured I'd give it another go.  this month I've got 2 full size products and a fairly good selection:

LIPSI COSMETICS 
APHRODITE POWDER

NOT RATED YET

LASHEM 
MEASURABLE DIFFERENCE LASH GEL

NOT RATED YET
2028-0026-0001-150x150.jpg

AQUOLINA 
PINK SUGAR 
EAU DE TOILETTE
NOT RATED YET

SUNTEGRITY 
BB CREAM SPF 30 
(LIGHT)

NOT RATED YET

INEKE 
HOTHOUSE FLOWER PERFUME

NOT RATED YET

FREEMAN BEAUTY 
VITA-K FOR SPIDER VEINS

NOT RATED YET

My September box came yesterday and it's a white box.

SUNTEGRITY BB Cream SPF 30 (Medium)
LIPSI COSMETICS Aphrodite Powder
BEAUTY ARMY Mystery Sample - shampoo & conditioner packet, can't recall the brand.
BATH & BODY WORKS Twilight Woods Shower Gel
NUME Hydro Punch Shampoo
NAILTIQUES Formula 2 Nail Protein

I'm pretty pleased with the items BUT I'm indifferent to the white box... I kind of miss the dark navy blue box. lol

why did some people get white and some got pink? I received the usual black one :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> just wondering if there was any difference

Originally Posted by diana16 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

why did some people get white and some got pink? I received the usual black one :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> just wondering if there was any difference
I think it was just random, I got the regular black box too.....I was hoping for a pink one!

Originally Posted by diana16 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No difference in the boxes other than color. I rather have the dark one since I have an abundance of those colors. I know it doesn't matter because eventually I do plan on decorating the boxes.

Originally Posted by ngardner8503 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think it was just random, I got the regular black box too.....I was hoping for a pink one!
The pink one has a hidden coupon.  The upper pannel of pink camouflage peels back easily (like a 3-M, it's a pannel double) and there's a '50% off' next purchase online code on the flip-side.

Naww... I just made that up, feeling pranky this morning ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />...   But woulnd't it be fun though?  Sort of a 'clandestine' 6-month thank you marketing campaing for the 'Army'.  

I got the pink last month too.  I like it, it's good for differentiation and organizing.  I'm putting like products together, AM & PM moisturizers, make-up etc....

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Just a little sharing of information and heads up.

I have both a set of the Azten's (face & eye/lip) and a set of the Cellceuticals (spf & evening).  The idea was to use them during travel and have a short 'regime' to try them out.  

The Cellceuticals are great, they were both pretty full and after a full week away I still have a couple of days left in each and I got a good sense of the product capabilities for future purchase.

The Azeten's are 1/5 full...  on really pinky-tiny tubes, so the face tube is good for 1 to 2 application and the eye/lip maybe 2 to 3 applications, which is completely useless as a sample, all I am able to ascertain is it's  texture and that the 1 or 2 applications did not cause any immediate skin irritation, wich is neither enough for me to drop $79 for a 1.7 oz Day Cream or $75 for a 1 oz. Eye-Lip emulsion.  

IMHO really a waste of resource, from the plastics in the packaging to BA procuring & packaing them, the US postal office in delivering them and finally for me to pay $4 for two pea-size worth of product.  The lack in QC and production oversight, just makes no sense.

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

What was your experience with Azten and Cellceuticals?

ZoomButt.gif

Originally Posted by FormosaHoney /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just a little sharing of information and heads up.

I have both a set of the Azten's (face & eye/lip) and a set of the Cellceuticals (spf & evening).  The idea was to use them during travel and have a short 'regime' to try them out.  

The Cellceuticals are great, they were both pretty full and after a full week away I still have a couple of days left in each and I got a good sense of the product capabilities for future purchase.

The Azeten's are 1/5 full...  on really pinky-tiny tubes, so the face tube is good for 1 to 2 application and the eye/lip maybe 2 to 3 applications, which is completely useless as a sample, all I am able to ascertain is it's  texture and that the 1 or 2 applications did not cause any immediate skin irritation, wich is neither enough for me to drop $79 for a 1.7 oz Day Cream or $75 for a 1 oz. Eye-Lip emulsion.  

IMHO really a waste of resource, from the plastics in the packaging to BA procuring & packaing them, the US postal office in delivering them and finally for me to pay $4 for two pea-size worth of product.  The lack in QC and production oversight, just makes no sense.

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

What was your experience with Azten and Cellceuticals?

ZoomButt.gif

I love Cellceuticals. I won the serum from Beauty Army and I tried in on once during winter. My face was so dry my skins are coming off. I've tried mask and moisturizers and they never work until I used a pea size of those serum on my face. Yup. a pea size for my whole face. It's thin in consistency and absorbs very quickly. After a little massage my skin is soft and smooth again.

I took it back to Hong Kong with me and gave it to my mum. She loves it. Too bad we can't afford the $65 price tag on the full size product per month.

Originally Posted by yoru /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love Cellceuticals. I won the serum from Beauty Army and I tried in on once during winter. My face was so dry my skins are coming off. I've tried mask and moisturizers and they never work until I used a pea size of those serum on my face. Yup. a pea size for my whole face. It's thin in consistency and absorbs very quickly. After a little massage my skin is soft and smooth again.

I took it back to Hong Kong with me and gave it to my mum. She loves it. Too bad we can't afford the $65 price tag on the full size product per month.
Yeah, craazy about the pea size thing eh?  I asked the Sephora folks how much product one should apply and they say anywhere from a dime (pea-size) to a nickle (small grape), depending on the product and I've always been applying just enough so that the product would dry within 30 seconds, about half-a-pea size... which I now understand is not the appropriate amount.  

Since I've been applyin a dime or pea-size amount, my fine lines are diminishing and the forehead lines have nearly all smoothed out.  I'm testing a bunch of diffrent products right now on the forehead from Sephora, a few days each; the Dior serum, Dr. Brandt serum and Ole Henrikson.  I figure when I'm in a more cash-flush position, I'll know which brand I like the best and can treat myself to it.  If not it's an interesting comparison, the Dior ~$200, Dr. Brandt ~$100 and the Ole Henrkison's $50.

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Back