Beauty Army

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not impressed by the samples posted here, I doubt if I'll join, even if I manage to get the page to load. If this is an example of the way they run their business, they are as half-baked as GGG. Maybe I'll give Birchbox another try.

Finally complete my order and took screenshots of the 9 options they gave me.  I'll get them posted tonight, but right now I'm running out the door like I should have 5 after 3 lol.

After taking the survey, I got other products not listed in the beginning.

edit: I meant I only got a few different products. 

JOICO

K-PAK REVITALUXE

A luxury hair treatment clinically proven to instantly correct years of damage. Hair becomes automatically stronger, softer, and more moisturized.

Sample Size: 1.7 oz

CELLCEUTICALS

PHOTODEFENSE

This hydrating formula provides tons of anti-aging and sun protection, aiding and improving the skin’s natural defenses. With all these powerful ingredients, your skin will stay youthful and free of sun damage.

Sample Size: 0.34 oz

SUN FX

BODY SHIMMER

Add a little sparkle to your night out with this hydrating and illuminating body shimmer. This easy-to-use cream keeps your skin nourished and glowing all night long.

Sample Size: 2.2 oz

MAD SKINCARE

TRANSFORMING DAILY MOISTURIZER

To keep skin youthful, this moisturizer with stem cell and peptide ingredients is designed to target the skin deep down and combat signs of aging. Your skin requires only the best and baby, this is it.

another survey:

LAROCCA SKINCARE

SHIELD MULTI-ACTIVE LIP BALM (PROSECO)

Nourishes and protects with amino acids and anti-microbials. This lip balm improves the look and feel of your lips and smells amazing!

Full size

STRIVECTIN

SD EYE CONCENTRATE

New to the StriVectin family, this eye cream targets signs of aging. Get rid of crow’s feet, dark circles, and puffiness all with this powerful product.

Sample Size: 0.25 oz

LIFT LAB

LIFT & FIRM EYE CREAM

This intensive eye cream is designed to specifically target crow’s feet, wrinkles, dark circles, puffiness, and sagginess of the delicate skin around your eyes. With active ingredients proven to fight aging, this serum will protect and drastically improve skin.

Sample Size: 0.17 oz

CONTROL CORRECTIVE

MEDICATED PUMICE WASH

This luxurious face wash is formulated for those with acne or oily skin, designed to deep cleanse and exfoliate without irritation. Keep skin fresh and clear with this fast acting face wash.

Sample Size:0.14 oz

MAD SKINCARE

YOUTH TRANSFORMATION AGE CORRECTIVE SERUM This multi-stem cell and multi-peptide technology infused serum will be a great choice in your anti-aging regimen to have the best possible looking skin. Skin will feel hydrated, moist, plump, nourished and recharged. Sample Size: 1 oz

I just got in from having to cave and get seen at the clinic. I was bummed I was going to miss the launch but from what I am seeing here, looks like I didn't miss much after all. Bummer. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Definitely felt it was overhyped. I was underwhelmed with their choices.
eusa_snooty.gif

I retook the survey, and one or two things changed to other stuff I didn't want lol. I officially give up. I plan to stalk the MAC site for Naturally to pop up.

Originally Posted by ahkae /img/forum/go_quote.gif

After taking the survey, I got other products not listed in the beginning.

edit: I meant I only got a few different products. 

•  
JOICO

K-PAK REVITALUXE

A luxury hair treatment clinically proven to instantly correct years of damage. Hair becomes automatically stronger, softer, and more moisturized.

CELLCEUTICALS

PHOTODEFENSE

This hydrating formula provides tons of anti-aging and sun protection, aiding and improving the skin’s natural defenses. With all these powerful ingredients, your skin will stay youthful and free of sun damage.

Sample Size: 0.34 oz

SUN FX

BODY SHIMMER

Add a little sparkle to your night out with this hydrating and illuminating body shimmer. This easy-to-use cream keeps your skin nourished and glowing all night long.

Sample Size: 2.2 oz

MAD SKINCARE

TRANSFORMING DAILY MOISTURIZER

To keep skin youthful, this moisturizer with stem cell and peptide ingredients is designed to target the skin deep down and combat signs of aging. Your skin requires only the best and baby, this is it.

Joico's Revitaluxe is a favorite of mine, but you can get the 1.7oz on Amazon for less than $6, with shipping. They sent the full-size in the Allure Beauty Box, which I *LOVED*, btw.

I'm surprised I didnt get the Joico K-PAK. I was unimpressed with the samples. I would have liked the Joico & Strivectin, but its not worth $12, IMO. The coverup has to be itty bitty, if the full size is 0.5oz and the sample is 0.1oz. For now I will keep my Birchbox, and I'm subbed for MyGlam for January, so we'll see whats in store! 

I'll keep a look out for unboxing videos, then decide if they open up again =)

I'm still on the fence about subscribing. I added more samples I found in my previous post.

I finally got through. I am actually pretty excited about mine. I am on a big exfoliating & brightening kick and several of my samples were geared towards that.

I have been subscribed to Birchbox for a year but I am thinking of cancelling now. I loved the December MyGlam bag and I found out about Beauty Army through this site, so THANKS!

Originally Posted by Isabelsjewely /img/forum/go_quote.gif

LaRocca-Pumpkin-Fleur-de-Sel-Body-Polish-Sample-200x200.jpg

I actually have that from a Birchbox (a month or two ago) and like it. Shame is a tiny sample.

I finally got through--not impressed with the selection, even though I re-did my profile a couple times. I finally found a selection I liked, and debated ordering, then decided it wasn't worth it. 

Back