Beauty Army

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well THAT was disappointing. Beauty Army's dashboard, where you enter you credit card number, is NOT secured.

I don't know what's going on with their website. They need to shut it down to everyone who didn't get a box, so that those of us who did can actually get our account details right. Seriously, how could they not predict that this was going to happen?? And their coding is horrible on their form pages.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well THAT was disappointing. Beauty Army's dashboard, where you enter you credit card number, is NOT secured.

Chrome says the registration page isn't encrypted. The site isn't verified.

This is what it says, even though I've been on the site before:

You've never visited this site before. This message is normal if you know this is true. However, if the site looks familiar and you didn’t clear your browsing history recently, it may be pretending to be another site. Please proceed with caution.

Originally Posted by alice blue /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Chrome says the registration page isn't encrypted. The site isn't verified.

This is what it says, even though I've been on the site before:

You've never visited this site before. This message is normal if you know this is true. However, if the site looks familiar and you didn’t clear your browsing history recently, it may be pretending to be another site. Please proceed with caution.

You're right.

At this point in time I can't recommend Beauty Army to people. They are limited to an initial 300 boxes but because the site is completely unsecure ESPECIALLY on the credit card page I can't say it's okay, subscribe at your own risk. It's TOO risky, more so than MyGlam with their broken SSL certificate.

Originally Posted by alice blue /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It looks like they are deleting negative comments on their Facebook page...
eusa_naughty.gif

They replied to someone's comment and said they weren't deleting negative comments

I got these same options. Not impressed that all but one are tiny sample size, especially after signing up for myglam. Dr oz just had a giveaway for that shea terra rose hip cleanser, full sized so im going to get to try that one out as is.

Originally Posted by xlinds15x /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Figured I'd post for the curious ....

"

Your Recommended Samples
Choose up to six samples by clicking on your favorites. Mouse over the samples to get quick info. Don't forget to click Start My Subscription to finalize your selection!

Want a more personalized selection? Take the short Beauty Profile so we can personalize your selection.

CELLCEUTICALS
NEOCELL
This micro-resurfacing skin treatment has natural enzymes and volcanic micro-minerals that will exfoliate skin without irritation, revealing a smoother and more radiant complexion.
Sample Size: 0.34 oz
CellCeuticals-NeoCell-Sample-200x200.jpg

CHELLA
ANTI-FATIGUE EYE MASK KIT
The collagen in this eye mask lifts, firms, and smoothes skin, hiding your tired eyes, fighting puffiness, and reducing dark circles. Wear this mask to make your skin glow like it would after a full night’s sleep!
Kit includes: 1 Eye Zone Matrix Mask,
1 Anti-Fatigue Mask Activator,
1 sample of Chella Eye Cream

Chella-Anti-Fatigue-Sample-200x200.jpg

SHEA TERRA
ROSE HIPS BLACK SOAP DEEP PORE FACIAL CLEANSER
Sourced from the Youruba tribe in Nigeria, this black facial wash and mask has a true cult following. Working like microdermabrasion to get rid of dead skin, this face wash is said to make you look younger in minutes.
Sample Size: 1 oz

Shea-Terra-Sample-v2-200x200.jpg

CONTROL CORRECTIVE
BOTANICAL SOOTHING CREAM
This soothing, calming, and hydrating moisturizer really does it all! With vitamin E, A, and aloe vera hard at work to control redness and SPF to protect from the sun, your skin will look redness free today and tomorrow.
Sample Size: 0.1 oz

Control-Corrective-Botanical-Soothing-Cream-SPF-30-Sample-200x200.jpg

LAROCCA SKINCARE
PUMPKIN FLEUR DE SEL BODY POLISH
Not just for pumpkin pie. An invigorating sea salt body polish with pumpkin and cinnamon to decongest dry rough skin, tighten and stimulate circulation leaving your skin glowing all over.
Sample Size: 1 oz

LaRocca-Pumpkin-Fleur-de-Sel-Body-Polish-Sample-200x200.jpg

SUN FX
BODY WASH
This light and foaming body wash is gentle enough to maintain your faux tan while moisturizing your skin. We love the hint of fragrance that will stimulate and rejuvenate your senses.
Sample Size: 2.2 oz

Sun-FX-Body-Wash-Sample-200x200.jpg

STRIVECTIN
GET EVEN BRIGHTENING SERUM
Be among the first to try this brand new brightening. Made for all skin types, this will even out skin tone and texture and bring out your natural glow.
Sample Size: 0.25 oz

StriVectin-Get-Even-Brightening-Serum-Sample-200x200.jpg

MYFACE COSMETICS
BLINGTONE EYESHADOW (MOROCOCO)
Create a wicked wash of colour and dramatic, wet-looking shine. Blingtone eyeshadows glide on smoothly and won’t drop or flake.
Full Size.

MyFace-Cosmetics-Blingtone-Eyeshadow-Morococo-200x200.jpg

BOO BOO COVER-UP
COVER-UP
Keep looking your best, even while you’re healing with this unique formula that doubles as a concealer and a healing treatment. Containing natural ingredients known to accelerate healing, this concealer will ensure no one will ever know about your “boo boo.â€
Shade: Medium
Sample Size: 0.1 oz

Boo-Boo-Cover-Up-Sample-200x200.jpg
"

Originally Posted by PiggyDog /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They replied to someone's comment and said they weren't deleting negative comments

Hmm, Maybe people are deleting their own negatives after they get on the BA site?

Have any of you noticed the posts about the welcome kit for all the people who signed up today? I wonder what it will be.

Originally Posted by Isabelsjewely /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Have any of you noticed the posts about the welcome kit for all the people who signed up today? I wonder what it will be.

I didn't see anything about a welcome kit.  Was this info posted on FB?

I've create a new group to discuss the various subscription programs out there. I don't have this thread copied there but if you guys have any questions on any other subscription service or want to discuss other ones you can join the new group. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

https://www.makeuptalk.com/f/23639/subscription-sampling-programs
BTW - looks like they "sold out" of their initial boxes.

Hi everyone! The Kits that will ship this Friday are sold out but you can still subscribe and your Kit will be shipped later this month. Of course, we will not charge your credit card until your Kit ships! Happy selecting...

Originally Posted by brandyboop /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I didn't see anything about a welcome kit.  Was this info posted on FB?

Yes it was. They had posted it under someone's comment. Turns out though that instead of a "gift" they are going to do a giveaway for a free year of Beauty Army when you refer people.

Quote:  Hi Grace! We're rolling out our rewards program this month. We have TONS of great discounts to give away. One of those rewards will be given to people who register on day one. Thanks and welcome to the Beauty Army!   Hi Morgan, we made the decision to offer you the opportunity to earn unlimited free Kits, instead of only one, through the referral program which will launch later this month. •Nancy-Lee

Ordered my samples earlier today.  I liked the selection as I've been into testing out new skincare products lately and I haven't tried any of these brands yet.  Also happy about the eyeshadow.  And this may sound silly, but I'm also looking forward to getting the box the kit comes in as it looks sturdy and good for storing cosmetics.

StriVectin-Get-Even-Brightening-Serum-Sample-200x200.jpg

I think one problem they may have is that a lot of their marketing is appealing to a younger audience, and their video is very cosmetics-focused, but a lot of their products are appealing to an older audience and are skincare focused.  

Originally Posted by eliza7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think one problem they may have is that a lot of their marketing is appealing to a younger audience, and their video is very cosmetics-focused, but a lot of their products are appealing to an older audience and are skincare focused.  

I completely agree with you. myglam and birchbox seem to play into the young and fun aspect of beauty both in marketing and products. this got everyone hyped up, but the products just dont seem to wow as much as the competition especially in size. We have a couple of high end health food stores around town that'll give you samples of half these products for free. I have strivectin, cellucuticals, and a shea terra samples already lying around my house. Its obviously still fun to try new products, but considering my last glam bag had 3 full sized products and 2 deluxe samples for less cost it just seems like it falls flat in comparison.

I was able to sign up and woke up to an email this morning saying I hadnt picked my samples yet. I guess they are trying to get ready for next month's boxes? Either way, I'll try it out, see what happens.

Eh, I signed up.  I'll try it out.  Can  always cancel and stuff.

Definitely excited to try the Joico and the lip balm.

Picked:

Joico K-Pak Revitaluxe treatment

LaRocca Shield Multi-Active lip balm

Chella Anti-Fatigue eye mask kit(I hope it works)

Cellceuticals Ceractive moisturizer

Control Corrective soothing cream(hopefully this works on the rednessin my face)

Lift Lab eye cream

Latest posts

Back