Beauty Box 5 - March

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just noticed the mask was for colored hair.  I don't color my hair?

I had never heard of Freeman mask's until MyGlam.  I don't love them.

ugh. people can't get away from those damn freeman masks.  they keep haunting beauty boxes everywhere. i cancelled myglam because of items like that. so glad that it wasn't in my box this month :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ugh! I'm canceling my subscription if that's what's in it! 

I got my second box today! I'm really happy with it. Looking forward to next month! Based on their SXSW posts on Facebook, I think it will include Supergoop, Skyn Iceland, Travalo

Got my box today. Here's what I got: Nail polish remover wipes Eye liner pencil in brown Weleda day cream Weleda night cream Self tanning packette Pur-lisse cleanser It's my first month. Overall it's very 'meh'. I'm already paid up to get next month's box but I already sent an e-mail to cancel. The eyeliner does smudge very easily so maybe it'll be good for a brown smokey eye.

Originally Posted by quene8106 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is my first bb5 box.  I like the majority of the items in my box except for the tanning wipes.  I'm (part) black.  I don't need these lol

Same thing I got! 

Ironically, I'm part black, too, so I don't need the wipes either lol

The makeup remover does really well on my waterproof makeup. Its a decent size, so I can use it a lot before its over with.

I also like the day/night creams a lot.

Havent tried the eyeliner yet.

I think its worth the price. 

cool. i guess that we have the same beauty profile 
smilehappyyes.gif
 I tried the purlisse facial cleanser and for once my face doesn't feel dry after I wash it.  The night cleanser is scented but i got over the scent after a few minutes.  I'm not an eyeliner person so I don't know what to do with this pencil yet 
frown.gif

Originally Posted by EllynoUta /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Same thing I got! 

Ironically, I'm part black, too, so I don't need the wipes either lol

The makeup remover does really well on my waterproof makeup. Its a decent size, so I can use it a lot before its over with.

I also like the day/night creams a lot.

Havent tried the eyeliner yet.

I think its worth the price. 

cool. we have the same box :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by eclipsechick08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Got my box today. Here's what I got:
Nail polish remover wipes
Eye liner pencil in brown
Weleda day cream
Weleda night cream
Self tanning packette
Pur-lisse cleanser
It's my first month. Overall it's very 'meh'. I'm already paid up to get next month's box but I already sent an e-mail to cancel. The eyeliner does smudge very easily so maybe it'll be good for a brown smokey eye.

My box came yesterday too. I didn't take a pic yet because I had softball and now I'm at work, but I got the freemans mask, pur-lisse soy make up remover, rebecca eye tint, laverra hair stuff...and ummm..................lol, I can't even remember. I already canceled anyway, but bb5 is very forgettable.

I didn't NOT like either of the boxes I got from them, but nothing stood out and I'm really cutting back so that is that. 

I may be in the minority here, but I actually really like my box! It had:

-Lavera hair mask (I'm going to hang onto this since I do dye my hair sometimes)

-Becca eye tint in Baroque (a really pretty fawn color)

-Lavera kajal eye pencil in brown

-Pur-lisse soy milk cleanser

-Freeman's Dead sea anti stress mask (I have a full size and I really like it)

So, while it may not be the most exciting assortment of items, I really like it because the sizes are very awesome and I plan on using everything in here. So, a total win! I cancelled my sub, but I am strongly considering rejoining. 

Got my box today...it seems to be ALMOST like everyone else's, with once difference:  Instead of the eyeliner, I got a little bottle of "spa true natural lift and firm serum".  BLAH, the one thing I was interested in was the eyeliner!

My box:

Freeman Anti-Stress Dead Sea Minerals Mask (single use sachet)

lavera Mango Milk hair treatment

Purlisse Pur-delicate soy milk cleanser and makeup remover

Becca Eye Tint in Vicune (seems like a golden champagney shade)

spa true natural advanced lift and firm serum 

Oh well.  I've gotten worse boxes, though this one is now canceled.

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Got my box today...it seems to be ALMOST like everyone else's, with once difference:  Instead of the eyeliner, I got a little bottle of "spa true natural lift and firm serum".  BLAH, the one thing I was interested in was the eyeliner!

My box:

ahhh yes that was my fifth item! No wonder I forgot what it was. I was like I don't think I got an eyeliner...I'd remember that...so yeah, I got the same exact one as you. 

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My box:

ahhh yes that was my fifth item! No wonder I forgot what it was. I was like I don't think I got an eyeliner...I'd remember that...so yeah, I got the same exact one as you. 

lol, I was like "REALLY?"  First The Look Bag sends everyone but me an eyeliner, and now BB5 does the same. Eyeliner is my favorite, dangit! SEND ME AN EYELINER.  That said, I'll use everything but the serum (I have plenty of serums as it is) so I guess I can't complain much!

lol, I was like "REALLY?"  First The Look Bag sends everyone but me an eyeliner, and now BB5 does the same. Eyeliner is my favorite, dangit! SEND ME AN EYELINER.  That said, I'll use everything but the serum (I have plenty of serums as it is) so I guess I can't complain much!

I didn't get an eyeliner in the look bag either! we must have similar beauty profiles or something! But I also love eyeliner but really don't NEED anymore, especially in black or brown, lol. But serums...I don't really need those either, lol. That's why I'm canceling almost everything! 

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I didn't get an eyeliner in the look bag either! we must have similar beauty profiles or something! But I also love eyeliner but really don't NEED anymore, especially in black or brown, lol. But serums...I don't really need those either, lol. That's why I'm canceling almost everything! 

Yeah, I don't really NEED more eyeliner, either...but shoot, I'd use it.  Can always use extra ones to keep in my locker at work and my bag.  Serums, not so much.  I also canceled everything but Birchbox, and I will be signing up for Conscious Box this weekend to try it out for a while.  If I don't like it, I'll probably come crawling back to Sample Society. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I may be in the minority here, but I actually really like my box! It had:

-Lavera hair mask (I'm going to hang onto this since I do dye my hair sometimes)

-Becca eye tint in Baroque (a really pretty fawn color)

-Lavera kajal eye pencil in brown

-Freeman's Dead sea anti stress mask (I have a full size and I really like it)

So, while it may not be the most exciting assortment of items, I really like it because the sizes are very awesome and I plan on using everything in here. So, a total win! I cancelled my sub, but I am strongly considering rejoining. 
I really liked it too! I just got my first Birchbox today and I'm completely underwhelmed by it and am not really interested in using anything they sent. Boo. I really thought it was going to be the other way around. Oh well.

On the plus size, I just figured up the prices/values of my box and the value is about $55.50, which is pretty nice. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hey, not too bad. Definitely don't mind since it only cost me 6 dollars and I will use it all...eventually. 

-Lavera hair mask

-Becca eye tint in Baroque

-SpaTrue advanced lift and firm serum

-Freeman's Dead sea anti stress mask

Its better than my bb this month. I canceled before I even got it. I didn't want to take the chance of being charged.

Originally Posted by Souly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

According to their fb, the March boxes go out tomorrow. No hints but they added new brands to their site.

When I log into my account, it reads that my box will go out April 15th. Does anyone else have that?

I plan on canceling after this box. I finally have narrowed down my subs & this one didn't make the cut.

Yes, I just got my March BB5 and I've cancelled. The boxes weren't bad, imo, but also no wow factor. I've already forgotten what I got!  The others that I've cut are: Lookbag, Eco-Emi, Sample Society, one of my two Beauty Army subs,and Glambag.

Sindulge gets one more month because it's free, BB gets one more month and then I'll decide, and Beauty Army gets one more chance to offer more than just 90% skin care. BA is the best value moneywise, but I really don't need any more skin care right now. I also get The QVC quarterly sub.

Even BB has been unimpressive for me the last few months. I either don't get the great items others got (no Beauty Blender for me ), or if I do get something I would have liked it's the wrong shade.

Like others have said, I could take the $ spent on all these subs and go to Sephora or Ulta or Macy's and get 2 or 3 items I want, or go to Target, CVS, or Walmart and get a basketful of stuff of my choosing.

Back