Beauty Box 5 - March

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Got my box today...it seems to be ALMOST like everyone else's, with once difference:  Instead of the eyeliner, I got a little bottle of "spa true natural lift and firm serum".  BLAH, the one thing I was interested in was the eyeliner!

My box:

Freeman Anti-Stress Dead Sea Minerals Mask (single use sachet)

lavera Mango Milk hair treatment

Purlisse Pur-delicate soy milk cleanser and makeup remover

Becca Eye Tint in Vicune (seems like a golden champagney shade)

spa true natural advanced lift and firm serum 

Oh well.  I've gotten worse boxes, though this one is now canceled.

We got the same box! No eye liner for us. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />    I won't use the Becca eye tint even though I like the product. As usual, wrong shade for me.

I'm using the freeman mask right now. omg I was NOT expecting it to be bright blue. I look like a freak. 

My husband calls it my smurf mask lol

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm using the freeman mask right now. omg I was NOT expecting it to be bright blue. I look like a freak. 

I just got down with it!  My daughter said I was a blue monster and to wash it off so I could look like a mommy again.

I liked the scent and love how my skin feels.  I may look into buying this.

Originally Posted by cjeanette /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just got down with it!  My daughter said I was a blue monster and to wash it off so I could look like a mommy again.

I liked the scent and love how my skin feels.  I may look into buying this.

I too was quite impressed with how my skin felt afterward! I may buy full size also.

I loved it because it was blue!  lol I might buy this one.

I got my box today. I got the serum instead of the eyeliner. boo. 

I'm somewhat excited to try the freeman mask, anything that claims to unclog my pores I'll try.

Although I love anything mango, I don't color my hair so I will be passing the Lavera Hair sample along.

I tried the Purlisse tonight. I was a bit disappointed that it wasn't waterless, I have the 3-in-1 Vichy cream remover and it was waterless and I've never heard of cream milky cleansers before, so I assumed they all would be. Did a pretty good job, but I do have all sorts of eye makeup leftover below my lower lashes. 

The becca eye tint is very, very sheer. But if you dab it on and build layers once it dries up a bit you can get pretty nice color. I like the color, but I have such light skin it barely shows up. It would make a better face highlighter for me. And it is somewhat waterproof. I'd never buy it on my own though.

The serum is alright, I dont really get serums. Well I haven't see any results with the ones I've tried. This is a lifting and firming to reduce wrinkles. Apparently an advance super concentrated serum. I put it on after a mask treatment today and I can already feel my skin is really tight. I personally hate that feeling, but we shall see if it works. Though, I think it smells like granola, gross, hippy / lavender / dog treats. Yes, that exact combo. Yuck, but at least it is vegan and all natural! 

Im not sure if Im ready to cancel. Again I see myself using more of these products that anything I received in my last  3 myglams combined! I'll keep up for another month because I do sort of like how it comes later on in the month. I need cheering up and little presents all month long! lol

I'll post pictures and my review tomorrow.

I have been using my Weleda hydrating day and night creams all week and I really enjoy them. I feel and notice an instant improvement in my skin!
smile.gif
 Plus the company is pretty natural and organic! I'm going to have to purchase the full size.

Originally Posted by MakeupA /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have been using my Weleda hydrating day and night creams all week and I really enjoy them. I feel and notice an instant improvement in my skin!
smile.gif
 Plus the company is pretty natural and organic! I'm going to have to purchase the full size.

Weleda ranked very high in compliance with safer cosmetics.

We got the same box! No eye liner for us. :(    I won't use the Becca eye tint even though I like the product. As usual, wrong shade for me.
I got the same box as well. not a bad box but for the price and no bonus points=CANCELLED.

I actually loved this box.

The only thing I hated was the Becca Eye Tint.

I received it in the color Pewter, and I just really don't like the color.

I would have loved a brown color instead.

If anyone is interested Ill be putting up the Becca Eye Tint in Vicuna for trade. It has carmine in it which I dont wear. 

Originally Posted by snllama /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If anyone is interested Ill be putting up the Becca Eye Tint in Vicuna for trade. It has carmine in it which I dont wear. 
Carmine is not vegan, correct?

Originally Posted by sleepykat /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Carmine is not vegan, correct?

Nope, it is not vegan. Zadi is correct. They use beetles with bright red shells as a coloring agent. It is in a lot of candies and beauty products.

hah. well you would be surprised by how many cosmetics use it. and it is normally shade base. So if it has any red tones it may have it. So gold's, reds, pinks, purples, etc. Many companies have completely eliminated carmine and use synthetics though. 

Originally Posted by snllama /img/forum/go_quote.gif

hah. well you would be surprised by how many cosmetics use it. and it is normally shade base. So if it has any red tones it may have it. So gold's, reds, pinks, purples, etc. Many companies have completely eliminated carmine and use synthetics though. 

Yeah, I started googling but got sidetracked by my actual job, lol. I've been vegetarian for almost 3 years now and haven't quite made the leap to vegan...but bugs gross me out SO much. 

Back