Beauty Box 5

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my box today as well. I loved how cute and tiny it was! I wish they had an info card. Im definitely most excited about the salve, it's kept my lips hydrated for hours now without re-application. And I used it under my nose since Im sick and its irritated. AND on my cuticles. It really is a wonder product. 

I posted my review as well :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

http://mesjoiesdevivre.blogspot.com

I just might be obsessed with this rosebud salve. I thought I would be turned off by the smell, but I've been putting it on since I opened my box last night. Turns out, its made less than an hour from where I live lol. 

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just might be obsessed with this rosebud salve. I thought I would be turned off by the smell, but I've been putting it on since I opened my box last night. Turns out, its made less than an hour from where I live lol. 

hah, are you in DC too? It's just an hour from here too. I just love the history of the store. I looked it up last night for my review. 

http://www.smithsrosebudsalve.net/history.html

and look at the photo album!! 

I've already used the salve more than I had expected. I love it!

Me too. I love it. I usually don't like anything floral but this stuff is awesome.

I think I'm going to cancel this one. I like it but I already have $95 a month in subs

Originally Posted by snllama /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Got my box today as well. I loved how cute and tiny it was! I wish they had an info card. Im definitely most excited about the salve, it's kept my lips hydrated for hours now without re-application. And I used it under my nose since Im sick and its irritated. AND on my cuticles. It really is a wonder product. 

I posted my review as well :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hope you feel better soon!

Originally Posted by Souly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Me too. I love it. I usually don't like anything floral but this stuff is awesome.

I think I'm going to cancel this one. I like it but I already have $95 a month in subs

I'm probably going to cancel after next month, since it is free. It is a nice box, but yeah, I spend WAY too much money on subscriptions.

I got mine yesterday.  I wasn't blown away, but it was a decent box, especially since we didn't know what to expect!  I love the Rosebud Salve - I've always wanted to try it, and the full size will last me forever.  I'm excited to try the day and night creams, too, though that will have to wait, since i got my Vichy box at the same time :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.  Ill probably use the nail polish remover at some point. The only thing I won't be using is the self tanner, because I am ridiculously pale and I'm fine with that...but it's alright, I'll put it up for trade at some point.

All in all, a decent bag.  I will get next month's since it's free, but I'll most likely be canceling after next month unless it completely blows me away.  I just have too many subs for my budget.

I have a cold right now and using it on my nose has kept me from that red sore feeling!

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got mine yesterday.  I wasn't blown away, but it was a decent box, especially since we didn't know what to expect!  I love the Rosebud Salve - I've always wanted to try it, and the full size will last me forever.  I'm excited to try the day and night creams, too, though that will have to wait, since i got my Vichy box at the same time :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.  Ill probably use the nail polish remover at some point. The only thing I won't be using is the self tanner, because I am ridiculously pale and I'm fine with that...but it's alright, I'll put it up for trade at some point.

All in all, a decent bag.  I will get next month's since it's free, but I'll most likely be canceling after next month unless it completely blows me away.  I just have too many subs for my budget.

I got really frustrated with the nail polish remover and traded it in for my bottle of pure acetone within two nails lol. 

Got mine yesterday and all the boxes are the same. The Weleda samples are for dry skin so I will be sending them to a member of the MY GLAM forum, as I have acne oily skin. As one member put it the box is safe. I got the buy one get one free offer so if they do not get better by next month I will cancel. Loving BA for the mere fact that you get to pick your samples. BB has great brands but somehow I always get the suck box
icon_neutral.gif

hah, are you in DC too? It's just an hour from here too. I just love the history of the store. I looked it up last night for my review. 

http://www.smithsrosebudsalve.net/history.html

and look at the photo album!! 

I've already used the salve more than I had expected. I love it!
I'm in Bethesda, so DC area!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

And I LOVE history so I'm really excited by this photo album/product in general. SO FUN. 

From my blog.

Another new subscription company out there that just launched this month is Beauty Box 5. Like all the other beauty box subscription services you get up to five deluxe-size samples to try each month. Beauty Box 5 costs $12 a month or you can choose a quarterly subscription for $30 ($6 savings) or a yearly one for $100 ($44 savings).

I have to admit I think the shipping box is cute, it's TINY compared to my Birchbox, Beauty Army box or even my Look Bag box. When I mean tiny I mean if you take two credit cards and laid the credit cards side-by-side it's that small (length wise) and it's just slightly wide than one credit card.

The one thing I did NOT like about this company is that they did not send out a shipping notice or a tracking number like Birchbox, Beauty Army, Julep or even MyGlam and that makes me nervous. The box was shipped via UPS Mail Innovations which Birchbox, The Look Bag and MyGlam also used this month.

Full size
Smith's Rosebud Salve by The Rosebud Perfume Company $6, 0.8 oz

Rosebud Salve is sold on Sephora for $6 and I see it all the time when I'm in line at my local Sephora. Every time I'm there I always end up using the tester because I love the subtle rose smell. I don't know why I never bothered to buy it before but now I don't need to.

Sephora describes the product as "This cult-favorite, multi-purpose lip balm soothes dry lips, calms and heals irritation, and soothes the sting of minor burns. Try dabbing on dry elbows or knees to condition, and relieve dryness. Also an excellent remedy for the treatment of diaper rash." On the back of the tin it says that it can "help to relieve chapped lips and skin, diaper rash, blemishes, detergent burns, and rough cuticles and may soften rough hands."

In December I bought from Birchbox the Jurlique Rose Love Balm ($6.50) which I've blogged about already. The Jurlique rose balm reminds me of the Smith's Rosebud Salve. I can't wait to try both of these together and see which works better. Frankly both smell pretty fantastic to me but it is an old fashion smell which reminds me of my childhood as my mother use to garden has the most amazing rose garden I can remember. I loved to pick the roses when they were in full bloom and both the Jurlique Rose Love Balm and this one remind of me of her rose garden.

Sample size
Weleda IRIS Hydrating Day and Night Creams, 0.17 fl oz each
Full size 1.0 FL OZ (30ml)

Since these are samples and are about 1/5 the size of a full size I'm not entire sure how much these are worth or sold for. I know these samples are indeed available for sale since there are bar codes on the side but how much each are sold for that I don't know. The full size day cream sells for $20 while the night cream sells for $21.

The tubes are safety sealed so I had to poke a hole in the day cream to try it and the smell was a bit off putting to me. It has a very strong witch hazel odor which is one of the ingredients. The night cream does not smell at all like witch hazel and instead has sweet almond oil in it as well as shea butter. It looks like the main differences between the two is that the day cream has jojoba seed oil while the night has the sweet almond oil and of course the day cream has the witch hazel while the night cream has the shea butter in it, both contain the cocoa seed butter.

To be honest not sure if I like either one but I'll have to test it out rather than just smell it.
Sample packet
Self-tanning natural and uniform color by Comodynes, 0.8 fl. oz / 7 mL - 1 towelette (valued at $1.87)

I won't be using the self-tanning towelette since (1) I don't like to tan and (2) thanks to GoGo Girlfriend I'm wary of Comodynes products. I know it's also sold on Drugstore.com for $14.99 for eight towelettes.
Sample packet
Soy Nail Polish Remover Priti NYC, 12.7 cm x 10.16 cm - 1 wipe (valued at $0.99)
Full size: $9.99 for 10 wipes

I like the idea of a 100% biodegradable wipe but until I give myself a manicure and need to remove my polish I won't be trying this out any time soon.
  Over all I think that the company has some pretty big companies to follow. I can't help but think that Beauty Box 5 is more similar to Gogo Girlfriend and Eco-Emi than Birchbox or Beauty Army. Since I only paid $12 and get my next month's box for free thanks to a promo code they had I'll definitely stick with them one more month but I'm not sure if this will be a keeper for me since I'm very happy with Birchbox, Beauty Army and some what happy with MyGlam (I maybe a MyGlam Ambassador but MyGlam still needs some work to really rock me but more on that later). We'll see what next month brings and go from there.

FTC Disclaimer: Not affiliated with nor compensated by Beauty Box 5. Box purchased by me for my own personal use.

I got mine today. I do like it..the samples are nice, the package came fast and neatly. The moisturizers smell nice and I do really like the rose salve which is actually pretty large amount of lip balm .................But with BB and the points, and beauty army being my current fave (if brands arent added this will change)..this one has to work hard to blow me away LOL, to top it off, it should of been $10 not $12. I will see about next month as you guys are. Who knows right?My limit is 2 per month

Im pretty sure the lack of shipping was a mistake. I think they thought UPS was going to send out the tracking, and sometimes they do (like when I order from NYX I get the shipping confirmation from UPS). So hopefully next month it will be taken care of.

They do have a very active facebook account. I currently think they are 3rd place for me. BB, BA, then BB5 and MyGlam somewhere in the dog house.

I've used the salve so much today! The more I think about it, the more I am happy with this box, I mean I wanted to try these services to try out new products that I'd want to buy, all the really high valued birchboxes end up being masks or aging products that I dont ever use. At least all of these samples I'll try out.

And Zadi, I also was feel bummed about the Comodyne, but someone mentioned that they have amazing reviews everywhere. So I'd try one of your samples if you haven't yet. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm in Bethesda, so DC area!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

And I LOVE history so I'm really excited by this photo album/product in general. SO FUN. 
Wohoo! Im Arlington.

And thanks Souly for the well wishes! Im almost over this darn cold!

I came home today to find my box waiting for me! 
laughing.gif
 What an awesome surprise!

​

I noticed a couple people mentioned being wary of the Comodynes tanning towelette and something about it being associated with GoGoGirlfriend. Can someone explain to me why?

GGG has a bad reputation - there's a thread called GoGoGirlfriend complaints. Comodynes itself maybe a good company but thanks to GGG I'm just skiddish of some of the companies they sent products from. My first and last box had items in it that were good, well known brands (Urban Decay) BUT the items they sent out were discontinued like the Urban Decay loose pigment they sent that was selling for a $1 at the time.

I have another Comodynes item from GGG but never used it. Come to think of it most of the stuff in my GGG October box I never used.

I've bought Comodynes cleansing face wipes from Trader Joe's a couple of times and really liked them. I had first heard about the brand in Allure. I would be weary about the tan towel giving me an uneven tan because of what it is more so than the brand name.

Wohoo! Im Arlington.
We should take a MuT field trip to woodsboro and convince them to let us be brand ambassadors...aka free supply of rosebud salve for life. 

Latest posts

Back