Beauty Box 5

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I had to deal with customer service today to get a password reset and it was a complete PITA. 

First off, I find having to wait for a password at sign up completely asinine.

Second, why is there no Lost Password function? It's a basic function in this day in age.

Third, when I ask to reset my password because I forgot what I set it at, the answer is NOT to refer me to my confirmation email.

Just irritated the hell out of me.

Not off to a great start!   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  

They said on their fb that they had issues with the emails being sent but that the boxes were still shipped...hmmm...not a good look...If their box isnt great..Im putting them on the chopping block.

Yeah, thats kind of shady. I know when I ship ups for work, its just check a box input emails for a mailmerge document and go. Obviously, they get the two box try but we'll see! 

Nothing here either.

They are too mysterious. After the Gogo fiasco my trust is running out. I used my CC with the most protection services offered to be on the safe side. 

I have a bad feeling myself due to issues with EcoEmi and GGG plus the nightmare stories I've heard about Makeup Monthly. If I don't get a tracking by Monday I might cancel regardless of the free 2nd box.

They only charged me 12 so Im not too worried about my cc, but I may still cancel too...Im going to give them one more week.

I hope it works out, but the fact that they don't have anything but stock photos on their website is realllly sketchy.

Originally Posted by oOliveColored /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I hope it works out, but the fact that they don't have anything but stock photos on their website is realllly sketchy.

I think that is what threw me so much at first. I'm still hoping it works out based on their facebook, but idk...

I'm not worried yet about the shipping notifications. I always get my shipping notifications from Birchbox like a day before I actually receive it, same thing with Beauty Army. Both boxes have proven to be legit so I will start worrying YET. If I don't see this box in the mail by the end of next week or get a notification, I will worry. 

CAN YOU SHOW US PHOTOS OF THE PACKAGE AND THE PRODUCTS?! PRETTY PLEASE!
laughing.gif

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

SPOIL ME ON IT!! lol 

Self Tanning Towelette (Gold Envelope)

Priti NYC Soy Nail Polish Remover

Weleda IRI5 Hydrating Day Cream

Weleda IRI5 Hydrating Night Cream

Smith's Rosebud Salve

So all in all, this box is ok for me. I will keep the Day and Night cream but the rest of it is up for trade.

I love it! the products dont seem a crazy value, but they used decent brands, decent products that I would use and I been NEEDING a lip balm and we get a full size! LOVE...Iv also heard good things about weleda..the full size of those products are $20 each..that comodynes self tanner is $45 for the full box and has rave reviews on amazon! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Self Tanning Towelette (Gold Envelope)

Priti NYC Soy Nail Polish Remover

Weleda IRI5 Hydrating Day Cream

Weleda IRI5 Hydrating Night Cream

Smith's Rosebud Salve

So all in all, this box is ok for me. I will keep the Day and Night cream but the rest of it is up for trade.

Hmmm I got a sample in BA of the Iris Hydrating Lotion that I liked. I hope I like those! The other things look interesting. Not quite sure if I am 100% on this box. 

Originally Posted by geniabeme /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hmmm I got a sample in BA of the Iris Hydrating Lotion that I liked. I hope I like those! The other things look interesting. Not quite sure if I am 100% on this box. 
Between the Look Bag and this one, Look Bag wins out. I'll keep them both for one more month and then make a decision but so far these are #3 and #4 on the list. Birchbox and Beauty Army are still my #1 and #2.

Nothing in there is particularly exciting to me, but they're all solid brands, and I might even give the self-tanner a shot, since my legs are an ungodly white. I'm super excited about this, so I'm eagerly awaiting mine!

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Nothing in there is particularly exciting to me, but they're all solid brands, and I might even give the self-tanner a shot, since my legs are an ungodly white. I'm super excited about this, so I'm eagerly awaiting mine!
Would you like an extra one? I'll send mine to you. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I only got BB5 for the rosebud salve but I can see myself trying the other products. 

Back