BeautyFix Coupon Promotion for MakeupTalk!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you've been using it for a few weeks, you probably would have broken out by now if it was going to cause breakouts!  I've still got some time to decide :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Season won't even officially start until tomorrow!

this is a list of the most pore-clogging ingredients that was posted on a myglam thread. I was surprised to see how many were included in the 3lab.. D: I mean the ones that are in that particular cleanser aren't the absolute worst, but dang there are more in there than I expected. I guess I'll just have to use it and see how my skin behaves.

this is a list of the most pore-clogging ingredients that was posted on a myglam thread. I was surprised to see how many were included in the 3lab.. D: I mean the ones that are in that particular cleanser aren't the absolute worst, but dang there are more in there than I expected. I guess I'll just have to use it and see how my skin behaves.

http://acnetreatmentcenterwa.com/acne-facts/pore-clogging-ingredients/

Originally Posted by Annelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I watch Music Bank (KBS) all the time lol. Actually they don't show a lot of YG groups so I'm not as familiar with them.  Have you seen K-pop Star? (SBS) It's pretty fun (kind of like american idol except, they want somebody who can be the next star, not just someone who can or can't sing well...and I really like how they'll call someone out if they're being pitchy...the American singing compeitions, once you're deemed "a good singer" and it goes to public voting the judges are in love with you no matter how bad you perform)
Yea SBS sets up amazing stages for YG artists (although I love them, it's obvious that SBS is a bit biased). I can't wait until the Big Bang concert in the US. Do you watch Music Bank on tv? I turn to youtube for all kpop performances lol.

I do know of Kpop Star but haven't watched the last few eps so don't know who got eliminated from the Top 10. The show's awesome b/c of the judges and the artists they each bring out to help the contestants!

Yeah, I have KBS America, but I don't have SBS.  I'm only on episode 9 or 10 or so of kpop star I only found out about the show two weeks ago, lol

Just a reminder, the spring season is now open and the code should be working for all of you ladies.

Oh my gosh, I got my first box today and I had ordered the Perricone MD Nutritive Cleanser that ended up being the 2oz instead of the 6oz listed on the website. No problem since they already addressed it on Facebook so I just called the number they listed to get a different product.

HOWEVER. Their customer service sucks!! First of all, I told the lady and she basically called me a liar and told me that I was mistaken about the product being 6oz. She told me that I wasn't going to always get full size products because this is a sample service. I told her I knew that, but it was listed on the website and that is what I expected to get when I chose it!

Then when I told her about my email I got with the 6oz listed, she said I was lying again and she had the email in front of her. Now I forwarded her the email and I'm on hold. I was trying to tell her about the message on Facebook, and she said she didn't hear about that and it must have not been an official page because they work with bloggers so they might have been misinformed.

SO RUDE! I'm steaming here. I really liked the box for the most part, but this customer service is horrible. I don't think I will be ordering again... god forbid another problem would happen and I have to call again. Not worth it. 

Well what do you know, she came back and after checking with her supervisor, is sending me another product. What a hassle!

what a biatch! I am sorry you had to deal with that, how crappy of her!

I wonder if its the same person everyone is always complaining about, if so, she needs to get fired, always yelling at people and telling them they are wrong. What is her propblem?

I got a guy on the phone when I placed my first order and he was very nice.

Originally Posted by Autumn Dahy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh my gosh, I got my first box today and I had ordered the Perricone MD Nutritive Cleanser that ended up being the 2oz instead of the 6oz listed on the website. No problem since they already addressed it on Facebook so I just called the number they listed to get a different product.

HOWEVER. Their customer service sucks!! First of all, I told the lady and she basically called me a liar and told me that I was mistaken about the product being 6oz. She told me that I wasn't going to always get full size products because this is a sample service. I told her I knew that, but it was listed on the website and that is what I expected to get when I chose it!

Then when I told her about my email I got with the 6oz listed, she said I was lying again and she had the email in front of her. Now I forwarded her the email and I'm on hold. I was trying to tell her about the message on Facebook, and she said she didn't hear about that and it must have not been an official page because they work with bloggers so they might have been misinformed.

SO RUDE! I'm steaming here. I really liked the box for the most part, but this customer service is horrible. I don't think I will be ordering again... god forbid another problem would happen and I have to call again. Not worth it. 

Well what do you know, she came back and after checking with her supervisor, is sending me another product. What a hassle!

I'm slow on this discussion -

I saw the spring items and wasn't impressed. I had signed up with the $30 off code, so I called to unsubscribe. The woman I talked to actually told me that if you were subscribed with that code, you are not a "real" subscriber, so you shouldn't automatically be charged and a box will not be selected for you. Let's hope this is true, because if I get billed, I will go pretty insane, lol.

Why can't these people get their story straight? I called and was told that the makeuptalk promo code is only for customers who have not used  any codes before. Because I am an existing customer and signed up with a code, I cannot have another. She also said that it's only for new cusstomers. I'm sooooo sick of their customer service. I really hate to lose out on such great products due to their customer service. I'm bummed right now :-( They really need to get their stories straight and act together.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumn Dahy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did you happen to get her name?  I've called in twice before, got women both times, and both were very nice.  It seems that there's at least one (older?) woman who has been getting on everyone's nerves.  AND she seems to have some sort of personal vendetta against bloggers.

If anybody else gets this girl's name, please let me know. I want to inform my contact at BeautyFix.  I thought it was very good for them to let the original Facebook commenter within 24 hours to call to get a different product since they were at fault, and posted publicly for anybody else who had the same problems too.  But if their customer service is literally fighting with their customers every time BeautyFix offers something, it's not right.  I wonder if their customer service team is really small with one really crabby person...or if they're just not that great at getting information to their customer service. 

But the BFBLOG thing was kind of a ridiculous accusation too, considering that has been up on their blog since *I* used it back in October. It's not a new thing by any means.

Originally Posted by mega789 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Why can't these people get their story straight? I called and was told that the makeuptalk promo code is only for customers who have not used  any codes before. Because I am an existing customer and signed up with a code, I cannot have another. She also said that it's only for new cusstomers. I'm sooooo sick of their customer service. I really hate to lose out on such great products due to their customer service. I'm bummed right now :-( They really need to get their stories straight and act together.
Let me talk to my girl about this.  I really think it's on the customer service team that's lagging now.  I totally checked and quadruple checked that the code would be available for all.

Originally Posted by Annelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Let me talk to my girl about this.  I really think it's on the customer service team that's lagging now.  I totally checked and quadruple checked that the code would be available for all.
Thank you Annelle I would totally appreciate it :) I'm scared to order now, since when you put the promo code in, it does not give you a total. That is also so wrong!

I PM'd you with what information I had. I swear she was on the defensive right when I started talking about the product! 

Originally Posted by MakeupGalore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just a heads up: I just read on their fb page (from an unhappy customer) that the Perricone cleanser is not a 6 oz, it's a 2 oz.
frown.gif
bummer! I was wanting to try it, but I don't know if I want to waste one of my 8 on a smaller size like that.

What's more annoying, it clearly states on the website it's 6oz!!

I noticed that too. The 6oz had a pump and after a while, it switched to a 2oz deluxe sample.

Thank you Annelle I would totally appreciate it :) I'm scared to order now, since when you put the promo code in, it does not give you a total. That is also so wrong!
I totally forgot to ask CS about them when I sent my what, 3rd (?) email lol. I was going to suggest (as I'm sure someone must have already) they change the format of their checkout page to make it so the price can be seen before the payment confirmation. I feel like that's a normal thing to do. I'm not a computer person by any means but it shouldn't be that hard to make it so that customers can see if a promo code has gone into effect.

It was difficult to deal with them with those stories everyone mentioned.

I finally fixed my issue yesterday of getting the BFBLOG code work. I called them and they took care of it. The rep even assured me that the code was applied and my order is in fulfillment. Three minutes after I got off the phone -- they charged me the FULL PRICE according to my confirmation email. I was surprised because that wasnt what we talked about.

I didnt call them back again but forwarded them the email and they credited me $30.00 and some taxes but what I do not get is it says RETURN ORDER.

"Your return for order xxxxxxxx has been received and processed. A credit of $30.00 has been issued to your credit card. Please note that your credit card company may take 2 to 4 weeks to process this credit."

Well, I received a tracking number so I ddnt care about it anymore. My card doesnt show the charge yet.

I hope this company could fix their customer service. It's a pain to deal with them.

I've sent off a few e-mails, will let you know what they say, thanks for the name of that customer service person, I've sent that in.

I'm still going back and forth on my picks.

I want to try the Katira hair mask because it at least seems fun to try out. (Which means as long as there are no ill effects, I'll probably test it out at least 3-4 times just to play with it out, lol, and have fun playing even if I don't see the sudden improvement in my hair that some have reported)

After seeing what Zadi picked, I totally didn't realize the Canyon Ranch product was a facial moisturizer.  (It looked like a haircare bottle for me, and I didn't recognize the brand, so I didn't even bother to look at it closer.)  I think I'm gonna skip the three 0.5oz (or less) creams for one of the larger sized moisturizers instead (Canyon Ranch 1.7oz or iQ Derma 3.4 oz)

So that leaves me with 2 picks left...between the 3LAB cleansing foam, the two moisturizers (Canyon Ranch/iQ Derma).  Any input on whether you've ever even tried these three brands (or products) before?  I saw Canyon Ranch is sold at Nordstrom and Saks, which increases my confidence in the brand, but 3LAB and iQ Derma seem to be DermStore only brands?

dont waste your pick on the Nick Chavez Ultra Shine Honey Peppermint conditioner, its no good, leaves your hair tangled and dry! and has sulfates. 

The response I got from the BeautyFix Team:

Hi Annelle,

I cannot tell you how sorry and embarrassed I am over this. I have forwarded your emails to our VP of Customer Service and I assure you that she will take care of it. I just hate that we have been working on this promotion and doing something special for the Makeup Talk girls and they had such a horrible experience. I am going to think about this overnight and try to come up with something we can do for those people who had such a bad experience. Again, I am so sorry about this and thank you for alerting me.
They are located on the west coast, meaning that they work later than the east coast, but I got this e-mail at 7:20pm west coast time, meaning she's reading her e-mails well after closing time.

I had told her about the BFBLOG issues, iPretty949's credit card receipt/"return order" issue, Caryatid's "you're not a real subscriber" issue, Autumn Dahy's "the facebook isn't official and you should be happy about not getting your 6oz you liar" issue (paraphrased, lol), and how it seems that there's an older lady in customer service who is just really overall crabby.  I also told her that although I was impressed at how fast they responded to the person on Facebook (less than a day later "Sorry we wrote the wrong description and picture, have a free extra sample instead"), it kind of took everything back and made it worse when people started trying to call in with the proposed fix, and were called liars.  (It wouldn't have been so bad if everything was smooth after that...because I'd have personally been disappointed if it was me, but I'd understand that they had a mix up on the website and 2oz is still not the tiniest of samples...but then being offered to choose an additional item would have set me happy again.  If I called in, and explained the official announcement about the extra item and was called a liar...I'd have been absolutely infuriated, instead of the initial "largely disappointed" feel.)

I think she understands, and hopefully all you gals who had issues will keep your faith in them.  I'll let you know what she follows up with as soon as I can!  (I'll be at MakeupShow LA this weekend trying to cover some more things for MakeupTalk, but I'll try to keep in touch with you girls as much as I can!)

What a nice response you got! I hope they follow through and correct everyone's issues.  I haven't had a problem yet but now I'm paranoid. Are we able to use the MUT promo code still even if we signed up last season with the BFBLOG code? I don't want to use it and not get the awesome deal you scored for us!

Back