Best BB Cream

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just recently heard of the site prettyandcute.com and they have a bunch of different types of bb creams including skin79, lioele, missha, and others. Plus other makeup, tools, and accessories. (I heard about the site through youtube tutorials and each one I saw claimed the products received are authentic). Their prices are really good and shipping isn't outrageous either. I ordered the Lioele Beyond the Solution BB Cream. I ordered it today and also got an email a little earlier that my order has already shipped! So it'll be here in 3-5 days. Hopefully my Skin79 order will get here tomorrow because I'm eager to try it out!

For reference, I have combination skin, very white with freckles and pink undertones, and just the very first signs of aging. My favorite BB cream so far is Skin79 Hot Pink Triple Action. It does everything it promises and blends out to a great shade for me. I also tried one of their diamond formulas; it worked very well, but was more shimmery than I am looking for. I was pleasantly surprised by the Dr. Jart's Water Fuse; you have to blend very quickly and one area of your face at a time, though, otherwise you will have to use a lot of product and the finish won't be as nice. It is a good shade for me, and it felt refreshing as I applied it. Missha Total Coverage (oops, or is it Perfect Cover?) is a very close second place for me to the Skin79 Hot Pink; the #21 is the lightest and was a good color for me. It just hid the fine lines slightly less than the Skin79. Currently I am trying out the Dr. Jart's Premium SPF 45. It is a touch too dark, but still works when blended really well. It does not set as quickly as the Water Fuse and is more creamy. It has a dewy finish for me; slightly too much, as I did have to blot today. I don't need a daytime moisturizer with any of these.

Originally Posted by tanderson /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Try the no 7 Beautiful skin cream. It adds adds instant radiance, moisture and a subtle base for your makeup.
Yeah, I'm kind of leaning towards buying one of those. I've been on the hunt for an affordable BB cream  with a high SPF since I'm running out of my Stila one which was really nice although sligthly way too sheer, but it had SPF 30 so that was great.

Does anyone have an opinion on what the palest bb cream is? I was told to look into them because they come in light colors, but I've looked up a lot of reviews and most are really yellow or a dark gray. So far I've tried Garnier, skin 79, Mac, Missha, holika holika petit, diorshow, Stila, Smashbox, and Dr. Jarts....all were WAY too dark for me to use.

Originally Posted by Fairest of all /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone have an opinion on what the palest bb cream is? I was told to look into them because they come in light colors, but I've looked up a lot of reviews and most are really yellow or a dark gray. So far I've tried Garnier, skin 79, Mac, Missha, holika holika petit, diorshow, Stila, Smashbox, and Dr. Jarts....all were WAY too dark for me to use.
The Skin79 Vital Cream SPF50 in the orange bottle (not the pink one) is the palest one I've tried! Have you tried this one?

What shade did you try of the Missha? Most people think #21 is the lightest, but the Perfect Cover formula comes in #13 which is by far the lightest shade of BB cream I've ever seen. 

In the Skin 79 I used the Derma rx and Super plus and in the Missha I used #21 & #13. The Missha #13 was passable if I apply it with a light hand, but I kind of feel like it defeats the point of wearing a face product if you cant apply enough to see it or cover anything. 

In my personal opinion it seems more like they are geared towards brightening medium skin tones than actually being a good color match for super fair complexions. 

Originally Posted by sihaya /img/forum/go_quote.gif

oh and another question.... which type do you think is good? There are so many to choose from
I've been using the Dr. Jarts BB. I got a sample in BirchBox and thought I was going to hate it because I thought the texture was kind of odd. I ended up really liking it. It's the right color for my skin (you can see my skin tone in my avatar) and it does seem to even things out well. I find that when I wear it I walk by the mirrors in our horribly lit school bathrooms (I'm a teacher) and think "oh, my skin looks nice!"

Also, I find that by the end of the day, it has either worn off or comes off clear, because I don't see residue on my makeup remover pads... Not sure if I'm just not wearing enough.. or what.

The only BB cream that I've tried so far is Missha Perfect Cover in No. 21.  It has ended up being so lovely on my skin that I don't feel I need to try anything else! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I've been using it in conjunction with their BB Boomer - it gives my skin a nice, natural glow without looking overly dewy/shiny.  It does give a grayish cast for a few minutes, but then the product oxidizes into a matching finish.  The only downer is that in flash pictures it looks somewhat white.  Hope this helps! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Oh!  Also, I do have very sensitive skin with keratosis pilaris on my cheeks - this BB cream does an excellent job of covering up those problem areas without looking caked on or funky.

Did you find a BB cream for your complexion because I am having the same problem... everything is just so dark on me. What works best for you? Do you have any recommendations?

I'm the palest of all my friends and family. Based on swatches, every BB cream looks bad on me. But based on actual application, blended and worn, the Missha #21 works great for me. It looks way too tan and gray at the same time if I were to swatch it, but when I actually apply it on my face, it looks fab after it oxidizes. I can even layer it for more coverage if I have a bad spot on my face. I blend it out like any face product, but I do not use it sparingly, I use it for coverage. I get the same (good) oxidation thing with the Skin79 Hot Pink, but it doesn't provide as much coverage for me as the Missha. The H-Mart near me carries some Missha, but the lightest they have is #23. If anyone has the #21 and doesn't like it, please trade it to me. (I would be curious to try the #13, though, to see if it's even better for me. My uncle calls me an albino, although that is far from accurate.)

Originally Posted by Fairest of all /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not recommending it, because I don't know if it's safe, but when I was younger I used baby powder over my foundation to whiten it because I couldn't find any foundation pale enough.

Originally Posted by sleepykat /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm not recommending it, because I don't know if it's safe, but when I was younger I used baby powder over my foundation to whiten it because I couldn't find any foundation pale enough.
Why wouldn't that be safe? Baby powder is formulated to put on the very sensitive skin of babies...and adult skin is much less sensitive.

Why wouldn't that be safe? Baby powder is formulated to put on the very sensitive skin of babies...and adult skin is much less sensitive.
It was probably fine for my skin, but it had talc in it which is bad to breathe in, so probably not a good idea near the face. There are a lot of talc-free baby powders out now, so maybe those would work as a setting powder to whiten the look.

I would just use the white Ben Nye powder. The brand created one for extremely pale skin..haven't used that specific one, but I've used and own other Ben Nye powders and they're pretty good. Decent price for the amount of powder you get.

I'm gonna have to also put in a vote for the Skin 79 Pink BB Cream, when we had that item it was a hot seller and everyone seemed to love it including myself :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />!  I know you can find them on Amazon still, and probably on Ebay too, but the ones on Ebay might have shipping from China, so I'm not sure if you'd like to wait that long.

The lightest BB cream I own is Sooryehan Hyo's Fermented BB cream. I believe it's good for NC15-20ish skin.  I have light/medium (around NC25) skin and I use it sometimes as a moisturizer/base for my foundation or if a foundation is too dark, I'll use it to lighten it up.

I've tried a few BB creams since the craze hit:

- SmashBox BB Cream (in Light): I used this religiously until I found the CK One 3-in-1 Face Makeup (Sand & Fair).  I still use it occasionally but this is by far the best I've used and the color is spot on to my NC20/25 Skin tone.

- Missha BB Cream (13 & 22): The smell of these is delightful but the colors are terrible!  First thing to remember when using Asian BB creams is the color is going to be a lot light than you might see in an American brand.  I have fair/light skin and one of them was just far too grey tinged and the other just much too light. I did like the way it applied but the colors were just too far off to be able to use them.

I've used a few others, but not enough to really rate them here, so I won't discuss them to skew anyone's thoughts on them.

Overall I love the Smashbox BB cream, the application is simple and the coverage was perfect for what I wanted/needed.

I tried Dr. Jart, and while it was better than any of the drug store stuff I had previously been using, it left my skin kind of greasy. I still like it and would recommend it to someone with really dry skin, but with my combo skin I've found that Tarte is the way to go.

T
he consistency is really light and whipped and it goes on so so smoothly. I look forward to putting it on everyday. It doesn't make me look greasy at all and gives pretty decent coverage too. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back