Best Foundation Primer??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Def. Smashbox! It feels so soft. Also MAC foundation primer is a good choice. If you want the cheap version of Smashbox, get the Sephora primer

I've only used LM and Sue Devitt Microquatic Blue... I preferred Sue Devitt's, but it cost $48!!!!!

I've used the MAC prep and prime. It's pretty good. I am still in search of one I like better. I got a sample of Lorac's Aquaprime and BE's primer. I am anxious to try both.

I may try Laura Mericer's as well.

My HG primer is Smashbox photofinish primer
smile.gif

I've tried both Clinique Pore Minimizer Skin Perfector and MAC Prep+Prime, both didn't worked on me. It did make my foundation glide smoother but have to blot my oily skin after 3hrs.

I like Smashbox it really works good. I don't use it everyday, but when I do I notice a difference! A primer is really worth trying!

After reading this im just after ordering Smashbox primer on-line, also a mist you use after your foundation......cant wait to try them - i hope they work!

ive never used a primer before

Smashbox PhotoFinish Foundation Primer really works perfectly for me, and has not caused my combination skin to break out

Originally Posted by Becky /img/forum/go_quote.gif I am really interested in finding the best foundation primer for my skin. I have a hard time with my foundation lasting all day b/c I have such oily skin. I have been reading about the Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer and Laura Mercier Foundation Primer on sephora.com and have read the reviews on here but I wanted to know others experiences with the primers. Are these the best primers? Let me know your opinions!! Thanks guys!!
smile.gif
Hi Becky: I have oily skin. I have been using Laura Geller Spackle Primer and it is wonderful. Then I use Bare Escentuals or Laura Geller. I use light moisterizer first. Even when I put on moisterizer I can feel how soft and smooth it makes my face feel. Let it dry good. Dont use alot. Then primer, and let that dry. It is light so it dries fast. then put on your makeup. I am learning that when you put primer on you dont have to use as much and it goes on smoother.
Sheila Rose
11dh.gif
hahaha.gif
eusa_snooty.gif
fol.gif

Originally Posted by blaquepooky /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have oily skin and I use Tarte Clean Slate. It works really well and I got it off eBay for $15. Do you think eBay gives you the actual real product. Sometimes I hear they are copies somehow. Please let me know.
Thanks,

Sheila Rose

I've tried several primers but BY FAR the best is Laura Mercier. It really makes a difference, and doesn't have any color to it (some primers give a white caste). It's made all the difference with me, also preventing make-up from sinking into my skin and keeps it sitting pretty for most of the day.

For those of you worried because of oily skin, Laura Mercier has recently launched an oil free version of this primer. I've not tried it as I don't need it but thought it might be helpful to know.

Originally Posted by JulesF /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've tried several primers but BY FAR the best is Laura Mercier. It really makes a difference, and doesn't have any color to it (some primers give a white caste). It's made all the difference with me, also preventing make-up from sinking into my skin and keeps it sitting pretty for most of the day.
For those of you worried because of oily skin, Laura Mercier has recently launched an oil free version of this primer. I've not tried it as I don't need it but thought it might be helpful to know.

I have very oily skin and as I quoted before I love LAURA GELLER SPACKLE PRIMER. It is a light clear gel and makes a big difference in the makeup staying on much longer. I have large pores but it lays on top and never sinks in.Just a good thought.

Sheila Rose

Well I have tried a few actually. I am oily on my t zone area & I tried several. It makes a difference if you are using the right combo, primer & foundation. I tried the clarins with the MAC sculpt, which later find out tjat MAC is not really good for you in the long run as it has too much oil that will clog your pores. So I switched to MakeUp Forever Matt Primer along with the Make Up Forever Velvet Foundation...I love this product but this too combo just made it too matty (if that even is the right word for it). The outcome is great but it is just hard to apply as its really too "matty". So now I am using the HD Primer in green-Make up Forever with HD Liquid Foundation. It works and I just loved MAKE UP FOREVER BRAND.

Also, you may want to try COSMEDICINE in matte (if your oily). I love this one as well. It keeps your face hydrated, absorbs the oil and reduce your pore size!!!!

All these brands you can get at Sephora...for the primer, you may want to check which one is best for you. The green one is more of if you have redness, purple is for yellow shades (mostly for asians that has different skintones on their face).

Hope this helps...thanks...

Back