Best Foundation Primer??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rimmel has a face primer that is great. Just as good as all the expensive ones and it cost less then $7.00. Try it you ...won't be disappointed.

Hello,

I have realllly oily skin but get dry skin patches. Doesn't make any sense to me. I'm looking for a primer that works with very oily skin that is pron to breakouts. I am also over 45 so anything for aging skin would be a plus. I've read several reviews about all kinds of products. Does anybody know where you can get samples of some of they primers so I'm not spending a small fortune on something that doesn't work. I love to wear make up and am always trying different shadow techniques and colors. The best eye primer I have found is from Mary Kay. I get the best deals on ebay. For lip color I have found that Loreal 16 hour lip color (not lip glaze) last all day and night even through drinking and eating. Thanks for any tips!

I recently tried the Rimmel primer, foundation, and powder. I have very oily skin and was surprised that the matte finish lasted several hours. This stuff is affordable so if you don't have real oily skin I would recommed this brand. So far it hasn't broken my face out but I don't use it everyday.

Hi I freelance for several different makeup and skin care brands. My favorite and everyone I introduced this product has said nothing but positive things about it. I met this customer who had very oily skin and ance breakout huge large breakout. She tried and within a 2 to 3 weeks noticed a huge difference on her face. Now no more breakout and her skin is to die for. The product is Blue copper face cream by Osmotics This award winning cream combines the proven benefits of copper with an exclusive, new anti-aging molecule, the 5-chain Penta-Peptide to dramatically enhance absorption and effectiveness in the skin. It is amazing if you notice that your skin is losing elasticity and firms. Remember you need to try it for at least 1 month to see the difference. You can buy it at Nordstrom and use it and even if you don't like it after a month still return it. Go to Osmotics website and check more info on it. Also check out my blog I often talk about great skin care and makeup. Good luck Beauty, Makeup, Fashion and Food Tips

I've heard that Urban Decay De-slick (I think that's what it's called..) is really great for very oily skin.  I have combination skin that leans on the dry side, so I've never used it myself but ya I've heard it works great for oily gals.   I've tried the DHC velvet skin coat and it does feel nice and makes my foundation look good but I don't notice any extra staying power, I get the same result from the Monistat stuff.  In fact I've had pretty much the same result with all primers I've tried.  But I haven't tried that many.

Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch

Makeup Forever HD (I like the Blue)

Hard Candy Sheer Envy

Dr. Brandt's Pores No More pore refiner (very mattifying though, I have dry skin and can't use this all over my face!)

I just discovered this awesome anti-shine primer from sephora! 

"Trick of the Trade" Anti-Shine Primer

Its only $18 for a big tube. Its anti-shine if you have oily skin. I really think Sephora products work so well and they're a good price too. 

Once I put on my make-up on in the morning, I have no time to retouch or anything. My make-up stays on all day. 

Oh this is an old thread...lol...Well I'm looking for a primer and I'm considering E.L.F. Mineral Infused Face Primer because it's cheap and has good reviews. Any other good cheaper primers? Under $20?

My favorite is either the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer or Loreal studio secrets magic perfecting base .. with the Loreal I'm finding that you need to let it set for a few minutes before applying foundation other than that I think its an awesome product for only 12.99.

Honestly - for the quality and the price I LOVE Mary Kay. The foundation primer (brand new to the market) is $16! Feel free to contact me if you have any questions!

Hi Genie is it  KRYOLAN primer  or

Kryolan Ultra Under Base Foundation Cream Makeup ?
icon_eek.gif

Napoleons Auto Pilot pre-foundation primer is a staple for me. I can't apply any makeup without it! It's creates the perfect smooth base for makeup application. My pores tend to open up and become visible later in the day and this prevents that from happening.

Have you tried MAC's Prep + Prime Skin Refined Zone?

Its supposed to work wonders for oily skin, specifically your T-Zone area.

The best face primer for oily skin is Estee Lauder Smoothing Matte Base!  I highly recommend it.

Back