Best Foundation Primer??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sill love Smashbox's PhotoFinish by Monistat's Chaffing Gel works pretty good and is 1/5th the price...

I like Givenchy Mister Mat, its the only oil absorbing gel/primer I've used that actually makes foundation look better not worse. I like make-up Forever HD primer too but it doesn't do much to control oil

Hi Becky I recommend b*t*h-slap light concealer I love it I mean I put it on and nothing moves or creases I have oily skin and I love it and its by the best make up artist in L.A. and some drag queens use it which probably isnt good but you never see there make up move or mess up b*t*c* slap-cosmetics dot com and there on you tube if you want to learn more about them the owner before purchasing. I cant type it out on here because they dont allow curse words but I'm pretty sure you get it. I heard rimmel and smashbox was good one cheap one expensive. They have primer reviews on youtube as well.

Ok so I went and bought revlon primer just so be trying something different and to see if the store brand could amount up to the name brand so I have used it three times and it didnt with stand when I went out into the heat and sun I was oily and I know because when I would touch my face with my finger my finger was as if I had liquid foundation on. I know your not suppose to foundation if your going to be partying or moving around alot in the sun but I wanted to see by the time I got to my car i looked a mess so bad that I wiped all my makeup off and pulled my eyelashes off too plus I was hot as hell I wish I would have taken a before pic so you could see the before anad after but i will start doing that when I'm trying out products.

My primer that I'm using rite now is Monistat Chaffing Powder gel. It's $8 for a tube and it's got the same silicone texture like Smashbox Primer which is sold at Sephora for like $40. My next primer after Monistat is Bare Essentials Prime Time!

I know it's hard to get past the name Monistat. But seriously. If u typed that in youtube search, u will find many reviews on that.

I really need to get a primer, but I'm not sure which one to get, but I'm considering the Bare Escentuals "Prime Time" Primer. Has anyone tried this one before? Is it any good?

I might just get the MAC Primer, but there's 3 different ones? Which one are you supposed to get to use as a foundation primer?

I've tried the Bare Essentials Prime Time primer. It works for me as I'm oily. But it's a bit expensive. But definitely get a sample from Sephora first and try it out. Sephora is famous for giving out samples for any product that u want!

Originally Posted by britney54 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I really need to get a primer, but I'm not sure which one to get, but I'm considering the Bare Escentuals "Prime Time" Primer. Has anyone tried this one before? Is it any good?
I might just get the MAC Primer, but there's 3 different ones? Which one are you supposed to get to use as a foundation primer?

Originally Posted by maryfitz24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif My favorite primer is MAC's prep and prime. Mine too!!!!
happy.gif

I have Smashbox's photofinish primer (original) and MUFE's HD primer (green). Smashbox's is an incredibly smooth satin finish and MUFE's has a sticky feel (like some moisturizers). I do grab the Smashbox more often because i like the feel of the product better and since it's silicone based, it can breath more easily.

I use bare vitamins (from BE) skin rev-er upper and it's really really good. I can really tell it helps protect my skin from the harshness of makeup and it keeps the makeup all day. I also have Smashbox but it kinda feels ok, but it's very good for liquid foundations. The BE I use for the mineral powder foundations.

I use Cover FX primer and I love it...it feels light and I def notice a difference on my skin. I've also tried Smashbox and MAC but I prefer Cover FX

Originally Posted by vav /img/forum/go_quote.gif Has anyone tried a foundation primer from makeupforever? I've used the green one. I have oily/combo skin, and it's also very red. The lady at the store told me it will help tone down my redness. However, I found that it made my redness worse and my skin around my nose and chin area got irritated.

I've used the Monistat and am now using Laura Mercier simply because I got a ginormous tube of it as a gift. I will most likely be going back to Monistat as that fits my wallet.

I often work as a freelance makeup artist and travel from store to store. Meeting so many women I always ask for their favorite primer or foundations or mascara. The one I hear great things about is DR. Perricone primer. I never wear primer so I took a sample and tried it and my skin looked flawless throughout the day they was this glow to it. You can usually get it at Nordstrom. Good luck

I got the Monistat one because everyone was raving about it.

One of my personal favorites is DHC's Velvet coat. It is a thick powdery consistency i guess? Just a bit more powdery than the monistat gel.

But it goes on really well. and they're right, you can just go out with the primer on by itself!!

What is the best primer for oily and acne prone skin??

any suggestion is welcome
idea.gif

Back