Birchbox April 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by gypsiemagic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Got my box swap today, and despite my allergies being nearly debilitating today, so I went sans makeup, I just had to put on the Glossy Kiss! I think red's really need a full face of makeup to look right, but the color is so so pretty! Surprisingly its pretty true/neutral, I am excited to work this into my routine after giving it a proper wear/feathering test.

Also, what camera are you using? 

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Starlet isn't the gloss name I don't think...rotate the barrel and look for a number followed by a name maybe ending in 'kiss'...like quick kiss, cheeky kiss, flirty kiss...
Oh, you're right.. man that is confusing. The card that came with it says "Glossy Kiss" "Starlet", but the actual pencil says "Flirty Kiss".

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You have the cutest face ever! I love the curve of your lips, so heartsy! and it seriously looks like you have mascara on!

That color is really pretty on you, especially against your blonde hair
very observant, that should have said sans face makeup (because allergies make my face mad itchy, I actually do wear mascara with allergy flare ups because its the only way I have managed to get myself to STOP RUBBING MY EYES ARRRRGHHH. 

I was thinking it was a nice red for blondes, when I usually picture a red lip its on fair skin with dark hair, its just so classic!

Originally Posted by FormosaHoney /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The color looks great on you!  You should always make that face when you wear the lipstick, it's uber cute!!

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

its my, uhm this camera is way hard to take selfies with, why didn't I order the little remote from Amazon.

and its a Canon t4i :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

very observant, that should have said sans face makeup (because allergies make my face mad itchy, I actually do wear mascara with allergy flare ups because its the only way I have managed to get myself to STOP RUBBING MY EYES ARRRRGHHH.  I was thinking it was a nice red for blondes, when I usually picture a red lip its on fair skin with dark hair, its just so classic!
Lol nice! A girls gotta have her mascara! I was so jelly cause I thought your lashes were naturally long and fabulous without mascara! Mine are just evil lol

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Lol nice! A girls gotta have her mascara! I was so jelly cause I thought your lashes were naturally long and fabulous without mascara! Mine are just evil lol
ahahha I cant help but picture your lashes evilly rubbing their little lash hands together and plotting how to make your life difficult XD

Originally Posted by Eva Papoutsi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just tried the Ruby Wink nail polish in peony last night and my feelings are mixed... the color is nothing like it looks in the website (bright peach instead of nude pink indoors, and dark pink instead of crimson red outdoors), but I still like it! However, it was thick making it hard to apply, and when I finally finished it looked sheer and streaky (even after 2 layers). I also added a layer of top coat and waited patiently for one hour before I went to bed, slept in the most careful position so that I wouldn't ruin my freshly painted nails, and still my nails were all hazy, embossed and full of dents (if it makes any sense) when I woke up this morning, like they never dried! Has anyone else ever had this issue? Next time I will try lighter coats of the polish followed by 2 coats of the top coat to see if it makes any difference.

Anyway, here are a few pics of my nails indoors and outdoors. The top coat and the glittery top coat (on my accent nail) didn't affect the color changing.

Looks so pretty!

Originally Posted by beautynewbie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Gifted myself a 3rd subscription (don't judge lol) and got my welcome box today! It had the Mary Lou, caudalie oil, nexxus, whish shaving cream and simple eye roller. Not bad except for that horrible saving cream
smile.gif
That's  a great welcome box.

In case anyone is wondering about the Youngblood Mattifier I got it in my box this month and I LOVE it!

It works way better than any primer/mattifier I have used before, it makes my pores look invisible (which is no easy task) and keeps my skin looking "dewy" but not oily like it usually does. Also, it doesn't ball up when I try to put my makeup on and when I wash it off at the end of the day my skin feels really soft. Will definitely be buying this as soon as I run out 
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by ydlr20 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Try the Sally Hansen Insta-Dri top coat. It literally dries your nails in like 30 seconds. I love it. I always had issues with my nails drying. I feel like it didn't matter how long I waited before going to bed, they would always get messed up. Don't need to worry about that anymore :)
That's my HG top coat my manis last a week+ with that top coat.

Got my box swap today, and despite my allergies being nearly debilitating today, so I went sans makeup, I just had to put on the Glossy Kiss! I think red's really need a full face of makeup to look right, but the color is so so pretty! Surprisingly its pretty true/neutral, I am excited to work this into my routine after giving it a proper wear/feathering test.

That color looks great on you.

Originally Posted by sabinebyrne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did you also get the EA serum? On my profile it said I was supposed to get an exfoliating cleanser, which I was excited to try. But all the packets were just serums. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Yeah...I got serum packets :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.  The box is great but I too was REALLY excited to try the cleanser.  I'm not sure how we review a product we didn't receive...........  

Sorry if this has been answered, but I don't want to go through 90 pages! Anyone figure out yet what number Women's Health wants for a refund? I already subscribe to them and recently paid for my re-subscription, so the 9.99 right now is essentially the same as being gifted the magazine subscription.

Originally Posted by l0ser_dust /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry if this has been answered, but I don't want to go through 90 pages! Anyone figure out yet what number Women's Health wants for a refund? I already subscribe to them and recently paid for my re-subscription, so the 9.99 right now is essentially the same as being gifted the magazine subscription.
They want you to put your order history number on the mail in form somewhere (found under purchase history).

Originally Posted by tasertag /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I like how you added the glitter and it still can change colors. It's a shame that you had all sorts of problems with the polish :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Looks good in the photo tho.
Thank you, yeah it's hard to see all the dents in the pictures! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> On the plush side it looks completely chip-free 2 days later (which I didn't expect because poppy started chipping after just 1 day) and I do like the color, so I'll try to make this work!

Originally Posted by ydlr20 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Try the Sally Hansen Insta-Dri top coat. It literally dries your nails in like 30 seconds. I love it. I always had issues with my nails drying. I feel like it didn't matter how long I waited before going to bed, they would always get messed up. Don't need to worry about that anymore :)
Thanks for the suggestion... I also have an Essie top coat that I got from a trade so I will see how that one works first and if I have no luck I will definitely give the Sally Hansen a try! I seriously hate it when my nails take forever to dry (because who has the free time to just sit for hours after painting their nails?)... this is the reason why I rarely paint my nails any more.. way too busy for that!

Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Looks so pretty!
Thanks!
icon_redface.gif

I love this color and it looks perfect with your blonde hair and blue eyes!

Let me just say, you have great lips. And you totally pull off the red lips with no other makeup. I wish I looked that good sans makeup! man, I want that color, now. I really hope they sample it again.

Latest posts

Back