Birchbox April 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
April was my 13th month. I got the keychain thing today. Maybe one of my Tarte lip gloss mini will fit in there, or my Jouer mini but nothing else will. I knew there was a reason I needed the set of 15 Tarte mini glosses at Christmas.

Originally Posted by peridotcricket /img/forum/go_quote.gif
April was my 13th month. I got the keychain thing today. Maybe one of my Tarte lip gloss mini will fit in there, or my Jouer mini but nothing else will. I knew there was a reason I needed the set of 15 Tarte mini glosses at Christmas.
So nice when the universe works out that way.  Santa just knew 
santa.gif

Originally Posted by peridotcricket /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got it today, too! I find that a normal lip balm fits in there nicely...

It's also not a bad idea to keep a $20 bill in the keychain instead of a lip gloss. Next time I go to the bank I may do this.

Hey everyone! For those of you who received a sample of the Lierac Paris Concentre Mesolift Toning Radiance Serum (why is the name so ridiculously long?) and really liked it, I found an amazing deal on it! I think $60 is a hefty price to pay for only 1.1 fl oz, but Dermstore has it for 50% off! It's only $30! I've bought from Dermstore in the past and they always have good customer service and fast shipping. Plus, there's a free mystery gift promotion going on. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  and there's a coupon code on retailmenot for 15% off your purchase. I'm considering buying more than 1 bottle, heehee, who knows when the price will go back up.

(I sound like a Dermstore marketer in this post!)

Actually, looking at the Lierac page on Dermstore, it seems all the Lierac items are 50% off right now. o__O Are they having a big promotion?

Yesterday I got the Mirenesse Glossy Kiss in 7. Quick Kiss that I traded for. Man, is it orange. I love it. I got 14. Perfect Kiss in my Birchbox and to me it looks orange, too, but much more subdued, like and orange coral instead of a pink coral, if that makes sense. I don't know which one I like better.

Hey, I wanted to show this. I received Kiehl's Powerful Line Concentrating sample. It's a very good sample size and it's been three weeks. I only applied once a day in the evening. I've read some reviews about this as to what I expected that it is just fillers but it DOES NOT help with lines/pores. In fact, it has so much silicones that totally filled up my large pores and caused many blackheads. I recently discovered the larges of pores on the way home in a car. I looked at my chin closely in the mirror in the car where a sunlight shined directly onto my make up free face. To my horror, this is the worst product (I do not want to complain or anything like that) I just knew that it has loaded of siliciones but no IDEA that it would do my pores so bad. Next step, I have to do is exfloiate it away and use the Behonite (spell?) clay for the next few days. I do have dry skin so gotta be careful with that. I'm going back to Lancome Visonnaire which is a phenomenal product and it does REDUCES pore sizes.

I recently found out that silicones, especially dimethicone, are major triggers for my breakouts. I've been trying to cut them out of my haircare and skincare routine. As soon as I saw the ingredients on the Kiehl's, I put it up for trade. Sorry it clogged your pores. I hate when that happens. I use the Vasanti Brighten Up exfoliator stuff. I love how it unclogs my pores and makes my skin look better without drying out my face.

Hey, I wanted to show this. I received Kiehl's Powerful Line Concentrating sample. It's a very good sample size and it's been three weeks. I only applied once a day in the evening. I've read some reviews about this as to what I expected that it is just fillers but it DOES NOT help with lines/pores. In fact, it has so much silicones that totally filled up my large pores and caused many blackheads. I recently discovered the larges of pores on the way home in a car. I looked at my chin closely in the mirror in the car where a sunlight shined directly onto my make up free face. To my horror, this is the worst product (I do not want to complain or anything like that) I just knew that it has loaded of siliciones but no IDEA that it would do my pores so bad. Next step, I have to do is exfloiate it away and use the Behonite (spell?) clay for the next few days. I do have dry skin so gotta be careful with that. I'm going back to Lancome Visonnaire which is a phenomenal product and it does REDUCES pore sizes.

I recently found out that silicones, especially dimethicone, are major triggers for my breakouts. I've been trying to cut them out of my haircare and skincare routine. As soon as I saw the ingredients on the Kiehl's, I put it up for trade. Sorry it clogged your pores. I hate when that happens. I use the Vasanti Brighten Up exfoliator stuff. I love how it unclogs my pores and makes my skin look better without drying out my face.
I also got Vasanti as well! Love it! It does work! :)

Oh, dear! I wonder if that's why I've been getting blackheads lately. I might have to try Lancôme Visionnaire. What is Behonite clay?

Oh, dear! I wonder if that's why I've been getting blackheads lately. I might have to try Lancôme Visionnaire. What is Behonite clay?
BENTONITE CLAY (Sorry for captialized) I had to look it up. It's basic clay you could get from whole foods or drugs store with basic ingredient. You mix it up with apple cider vinegar and apply on your face AFTER you exfoliate it. I have dry/sensitive skin so I only can leave it on for 5 mins. It does leave redness to the skin but you apply serum like Lancome Visionnaire at night time only to allow it to close pores or other any serums overnight. It may take a week at least.

I got this in a trade because I really wanted to try a Kiehl's product. I had heard such great things about it. I was so disappointed in it. I did use it all, but I hated how heavy it felt on my face.

Originally Posted by lexxies22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hey, I wanted to show this. I received Kiehl's Powerful Line Concentrating sample. It's a very good sample size and it's been three weeks. I only applied once a day in the evening. I've read some reviews about this as to what I expected that it is just fillers but it DOES NOT help with lines/pores. In fact, it has so much silicones that totally filled up my large pores and caused many blackheads. I recently discovered the larges of pores on the way home in a car. I looked at my chin closely in the mirror in the car where a sunlight shined directly onto my make up free face. To my horror, this is the worst product (I do not want to complain or anything like that) I just knew that it has loaded of siliciones but no IDEA that it would do my pores so bad.

Next step, I have to do is exfloiate it away and use the Behonite (spell?) clay for the next few days. I do have dry skin so gotta be careful with that. I'm going back to Lancome Visonnaire which is a phenomenal product and it does REDUCES pore sizes.

I got the Kiehl's concentrate in my box too. I expected a serum.. but nope, its ridiculously heavy. Its more of a primer than anything in that the silicone temporarily fills in pores and wrinkles. It won't do squat in the long term. It also felt REALLY drying and almost gritty.

As soon as I saw the dimethicone, it went straight into the swap box for me. That stuff breaks me out in the most HORRIFIC cystic acne. It's basically Smashbox primer with some added vitamin C. Can't use the Smashbox primer either, it wrecks my skin.

I'll stick with Paula's Choice serums and laura gellar spackle.

BENTONITE CLAY (Sorry for captialized) I had to look it up. It's basic clay you could get from whole foods or drugs store with basic ingredient. You mix it up with apple cider vinegar and apply on your face AFTER you exfoliate it. I have dry/sensitive skin so I only can leave it on for 5 mins. It does leave redness to the skin but you apply serum like Lancome Visionnaire at night time only to allow it to close pores or other any serums overnight. It may take a week at least.
Eek! That doesn't sound like a very pleasant experience. I don't know if I'd be brave enough to try that.

Eek! That doesn't sound like a very pleasant experience. I don't know if I'd be brave enough to try that.
Well, actually, I was surprised that it did not leave redness on my skin at all considering that I left it on longer than 5 mins until the clay dried it up. I felt tingling and tightness having blackheads being removed. Viola! It's alot better now but I will repeat the treatment again tomorrow night (depends on how it had gotten better) I expect its gonna take me a week to get it all removed. Try it, you'll be surprised.

I got the Kiehl's concentrate in my box too. I expected a serum.. but nope, its ridiculously heavy. Its more of a primer than anything in that the silicone temporarily fills in pores and wrinkles. It won't do squat in the long term. It also felt REALLY drying and almost gritty. As soon as I saw the dimethicone, it went straight into the swap box for me. That stuff breaks me out in the most HORRIFIC cystic acne. It's basically Smashbox primer with some added vitamin C. Can't use the Smashbox primer either, it wrecks my skin. I'll stick with Paula's Choice serums and laura gellar spackle.
You're a smart cookie; now that I know! :)

Back