Birchbox April 2014 - SPOILERS

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the full bloom box last night before they claimed it'd be available.  No pick two mystery, but oh well.  I was waiting and waiting for this box to go active, and was going to use my points/gift cards on it, but couldn't wait long enough.  I ended up buying other stuff with points/gift cards, and then paying for this box.  At least it is in the Mother's day shop, and counts for the 50 extra points promo! 

Does anybody know if the nail polish is actually a deluxe mini, or full size?  It shows a full size bottle in all the box pictures, but is listed as deluxe mini. 
I didn't see anyone answer this, but I got my box today and the polish is in fact a deluxe mini.  It is 10.4 ml whereas the full size is 15 ml.  The color club minis in contrast are 7 ml. It just looks full size because the bottle is a thick glass.  It is still a great size, though.

I emailed BB yesterday, still no answer, but now my account has tracking. No box contents loaded, but there is tracking. Oh wait, they did reply to my email asking me for the email account associated with the account, which I gave in the original email and they replied to that account. Delay tactic? SMH

Eek... Upon closer inspection of my In Full Bloom box, I noticed that there's some weird white stuff floating around in my Tocca roll-on perfume. Anyone else that got the box have the same issue, or is mine special? LOL

@@MissJexie it's not just you!  I think they were talking about it on the "What did you buy with your Birchbox Points" thread...maybe?  I've seen at least 3 other members with the same issue.  I would try to get a pic that shows the floaties and email it to Birchbox Ops.  Because YUCK.  :blink:

ETA:  Oops no it was the May thread.  My bad!

Last edited by a moderator:
@@MissJexie it's not just you!  I think they were talking about it on the "What did you buy with your Birchbox Points" thread...maybe?  I've seen at least 3 other members with the same issue.  I would try to get a pic that shows the floaties and email it to Birchbox Ops.  Because YUCK.  :blink:

ETA:  Oops no it was the May thread.  My bad!
I'm telling you it was impossible to get a good photo of that floaty stuff. I sent them a little video clip! LOL

If it's that common, they either had an old batch of perfumes, or the perfume is prone to doing that. Someone mentioned that a roller ball that they bought elsewhere did the same thing. Sorry, but I was going to gift some of the things in this box and even if it's normal, I'm not interested in giving someone a perfume with weird things floating in it. Make the bottle opaque if it happens this often! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I emailed BB yesterday, still no answer, but now my account has tracking. No box contents loaded, but there is tracking. Oh wait, they did reply to my email asking me for the email account associated with the account, which I gave in the original email and they replied to that account. Delay tactic? SMH
I get the feeling they are buried in email and are simply having problems responding to things quickly.  They may also be are also (upon a closer look at the last help ticket I had, I'm changing this from speculation to a fairly certain declaration) triaging things so certain issues get funneled to specific people.  It works this way for my company, although we're not automated yet.  You can email Customer Service eight times asking for a certain thing to be done, but if it's something that Contract Accounting has to handle, it's most likely going to have to wait until Thursday or Friday because I'm *the* CA person for that stuff, and I'm always up to my ass in alligators and certain specific time-sensitive tasks that rule my daily life.  If you email about D on a Friday afternoon, it will probably sit there until the following Friday because I have to do A, B, and C before I can even *look* at D.

As far as not replying to Second Email Address when the issue was about First Email Address, they might be working from a system where they are required to keep all correspondence attached to the account email in question.  I've seen systems where you can't even access information for one account unless you're in that account, and it's a royal pain in the ass to switch from digging up information in one account to respond to an inquiry sent from a second account, so you just respond to the original email and call it good.  I've very specifically not emailed them about issues with Account A from Account B for this precise reason.  I just add "SECOND REQUEST" at the beginning of the subject line.  That usually gets a response.  I use this trick at work *frequently*.  If the second request doesn't work, then I switch to "RESPONSE NEEDED!  THIRD REQUEST."  In other words, not a delay tactic as much as them simply trying to follow the process they need to in order to keep everything straight.  Also:  They use Zendesk, which is an automated workflow system, which can use a trigger system to route things, which makes it easy for some things but hard for others.  Here's a page that explains the trigger system:  https://support.zendesk.com/entries/20011606-Streamlining-workflow-with-ticket-updates-and-triggers

Thanks Meaganola! Good information and another perspective to help snap me back from my cynical spiral! LOL 

Incidentally, my box contents finally loaded today. I'm getting box #47...interested to see what color eyeliner comes with it.

Super late to this party, but did anyone get this box? It's Box #11, I'm quite happy with it.

image.jpg

I saw some people talk about their Color Club being goopy and chipping but mine was really good, it wasn't goopy at all and I just wore it for 5 days with zero chips! I kinda want the whole collection now :)

Super late to this party, but did anyone get this box? It's Box #11, I'm quite happy with it.

image.jpg

I saw some people talk about their Color Club being goopy and chipping but mine was really good, it wasn't goopy at all and I just wore it for 5 days with zero chips! I kinda want the whole collection now :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Yep thats the box I received too, but my "how bout them apples" sample was missing. I'm STILL waiting for the replacement to show up in the mail.

Yep thats the box I received too, but my "how bout them apples" sample was missing. I'm STILL waiting for the replacement to show up in the mail.
I'm also waiting for a replacement of The Balm sample too! Mine arrived but the inside is damaged so Birchbox are sending a new one.

Hey, just putting this out there, if anybody is getting the In Full Bloom box but doesn't want their MAKE blush, let me know and maybe we can work something out! I didn't get the box and that's the item I most wanted, everything else was just like, "well, I'll use it if I have it" but I'm not going to be disappointed if I don't get it. But I really like MAKE lipsticks and I want to try the blush!

Has anyone gotten their water bottle yet? I got an email last Wednesday that it shipped that day, but no tracking info. And on my acct it still says "on hold." 

Aww, haha. I know we sometimes we get frowny face about BB's CS but they truly are fantastic. I made an off-handed request for a recommendation on their Facebook on something to get my Dermablend concealer to stay, and they made me a personalized video. And (i'm pretty sure) they didn't know I'm an Ace. ;D

Because they were sweet enough to make me a custom video I just wanted to share~~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G85b2x1aNcs

edit: wow finding out how to insert that was a pain. But I figured out where the spoiler option is! XD

Last edited by a moderator:
Aww, haha. I know we sometimes we get frowny face about BB's CS but they truly are fantastic. I made an off-handed request for a recommendation on their Facebook on something to get my Dermablend concealer to stay, and they made me a personalized video. And (i'm pretty sure) they didn't know I'm an Ace. ;D
That's either really sweet or a very clever marketing tactic. I feel sorry for the social media team considering the nutsos that post on their FB. Either way, definitely a nice personal touch which can go a long way!

Has anyone gotten their water bottle yet? I got an email last Wednesday that it shipped that day, but no tracking info. And on my acct it still says "on hold." 
Nope!

I just called them. I haven't received my original box, the promised replacement box or the bottle.  Definitely a bummer month to me. They're going to comp my May box for all the problems, but it still stinks that I didn't receive any of the three for April.

image.jpg

I saw some people talk about their Color Club being goopy and chipping but mine was really good, it wasn't goopy at all and I just wore it for 5 days with zero chips! I kinda want the whole collection now :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
that is the box that i got on my fourth account (just to open for pointgate). i got the white polish instead of the one color needed to complete my collection. (i have two whites, a blue, and a greenish color)

Ugh, my Paula's Choice spilled all over my April box, I emailed them April 16th, said they'd send a replacement, but never did. Emailing again, this time with pictures since they obviously don't believe me. 14083394371_230ce8eb60_z.jpg

I should be getting my box today. I have never gotten a box so late they had charged me for the next box before I got it!  In other news, I logged onto my account and they gave me 100 points for the box being late! Thanks BB, now give me the box! LOL

Last edited:
Back