Birchbox April 2014 - SPOILERS

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the points email yesterday and my shipping notice today for my pick two today. This warehouse move is costing them tons.

Eta bc I don't proof read

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously?! That is total BS, have they given you any explanation?
I figured I would wait until tomorrow had passed since I think I remember something about shipping on the 25th. I could be wrong, it's been a long week. Yeesh

Is anyone able to add a physical gift card to their cart? When I click on the Add to Cart button, it just sends me back to the same gift card page.
I believe they are backordered. I ordered 3 and only 1 shipped out- I was told the other 2 were backordered :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yeesh.  I'm usually so on top of reviews that I had assumed that I had done all of mine already and was trying to figure out how to get enough points to pass 100 in May.  I just realized I hadn't done my reviews yet!  Duh.

And!  Whoo!  $10 gift cards are back!  And, wow, they have added a *lot* of things to the New Products section.  Time to go favorite stuff for potential future purchase.

Yeesh.  I'm usually so on top of reviews that I had assumed that I had done all of mine already and was trying to figure out how to get enough points to pass 100 in May.  I just realized I hadn't done my reviews yet!  Duh.

And!  Whoo!  $10 gift cards are back!  And, wow, they have added a *lot* of things to the New Products section.  Time to go favorite stuff for potential future purchase.
FINALLY with the dang gift cards. I hounded them on facebook regularly because seriously...how hard is it to fix gift card amounts? It's been almost a week now lol

I ordered on the 20th, got the "our bad, here's 100 points" email, then got a shipping notice for just the pick two.

The only thing I neeeed is my Klorane eye makeup remover, I ran out and tried this "gentle" chamomile remover from the Body Shop and holy cow did my eyes have an allergic reaction! Super itchy angry red welts on my eyelids, corners and under my eyes. I might just buy it on amazon with prime shipping.

Wednesday I also ordered the In Bloom box, a box of Kind bars and a quirky wrapster thing with my hoarded 50 points and my 25% off code and got the shipping email for it the same day lol!

I ordered on the 20th, got the "our bad, here's 100 points" email, then got a shipping notice for just the pick two.

The only thing I neeeed is my Klorane eye makeup remover, I ran out and tried this "gentle" chamomile remover from the Body Shop and holy cow did my eyes have an allergic reaction! Super itchy angry red welts on my eyelids, corners and under my eyes. I might just buy it on amazon with prime shipping.

Wednesday I also ordered the In Bloom box, a box of Kind bars and a quirky wrapster thing with my hoarded 50 points and my 25% off code and got the shipping email for it the same day lol!
That's unfortunate D: I'm using it right now, and I like it. I also like the Sephora brand one, and they seem pretty similar :\

In other news, I wonder if Eyeko is phasing out its old eyeliners for this new line: http://www.birchbox.com/shop/eyeko-eye-do-liquid-eyeliner

It's half the size and still more expensive than the old ones: http://www.birchbox.com/shop/eyeko-skinny-liquid-liner :\ It might be why BB and Sephora both stopped carrying Eyeko in colors other than black... shame. ): Where am I going to get a purple liquid eyeliner now. Stila doesn't have any in purple...

That's unfortunate D: I'm using it right now, and I like it. I also like the Sephora brand one, and they seem pretty similar :\

In other news, I wonder if Eyeko is phasing out its old eyeliners for this new line: http://www.birchbox.com/shop/eyeko-eye-do-liquid-eyeliner

It's half the size and still more expensive than the old ones: http://www.birchbox.com/shop/eyeko-skinny-liquid-liner :\ It might be why BB and Sephora both stopped carrying Eyeko in colors other than black... shame. ): Where am I going to get a purple liquid eyeliner now. Stila doesn't have any in purple...

ohhh interesting.. i'm going to buy a $16 one. i stocked up on a bunch of eyekos in swaps but they are all *totally* dried out now :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> i tried the flipping-the-tip-to-the-other-end thing and everything but its super dry and scratchy!

ohhh interesting.. i'm going to buy a $16 one. i stocked up on a bunch of eyekos in swaps but they are all *totally* dried out now :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> i tried the flipping-the-tip-to-the-other-end thing and everything but its super dry and scratchy!
Right. I thought about swapping for a purple, but I'm worried they'd be dried out. Mine are all actually holding up okay. I have a mini I haven't opened yet and now I'm worried though XD

But I have a friend I rec'd it to who said hers dried out in only a few months and she got it from sephora. I was really embarrassed =.=;; A lot of people complain about their eyekos drying out so maybe they just have a lot of bad ones and why they're trying the new line.

The Eye do eyeko liners are a special Alexa Chung editions, I doubt they would have them replace the original.

I placed an order with BB last Friday and part of it shipped out yesterday. Today I got an email saying that one of my items was out of stock and they were refunding my money and giving me 100 points. The item they refunded me for though is the only one that has shipped out. They are having major issues. I hope they get this fixed soon.

I placed an order with BB last Friday and part of it shipped out yesterday. Today I got an email saying that one of my items was out of stock and they were refunding my money and giving me 100 points. The item they refunded me for though is the only one that has shipped out. They are having major issues. I hope they get this fixed soon.
I agree.  I really want to love BB (& I do right now).  Come on BB, get it together!

Last edited by a moderator:
I emailed Birchbox to see why my order from Friday hasnt shipped yet.

She responded & said it's because I chose standard shipping but it should ship soon because they created a label for it. The label was created 4/21.

I basically responded & asked for a better answer. My order confirmation says 'Full-size product order ship within two business days' which, to me, implies it should leave the warehouse in two days regardless of the shipping method chosen. I get that they're having issues right now, but it would be nice if they would just tell me that.

Logistics giant OHL adding 165 jobs in Mt. Juliet

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/morning_call/2014/04/logistics-giant-ohl-adding-165-jobs-in-mt-juliet.html

The company said it chose OHL and Mt. Juliet because of its centralized U.S. location and faster transit times. <--- :rolleyes:  
I hope something good comes out of the move. I live in NJ and every time I placed a BB order (with standard shipping) I'd receive it in 1-2 days. I just placed an order today and it estimates that with standard shipping I can expect it to ship on April 30th.

I've also noticed that my sub boxes have been coming +1 day later each month since late last year. I guess it's sad that I look that forward to it arriving. :wub:

Well, I emailed BB about my second box not shipping or even loading yet. We shall see what they say about it.  At this point, I'm tired of waiting and just contemplating asking if it is too late to cancel the box. Patience is not one of my virtues!

My second box is currently en route to my house from Mt Juliet.  The good news is it did NOT go to NJ.  The bad news is it's gone to both Indiana AND Georgia while trying to get to NC.  My poor little box must be a dude, because it will NOT stop and ask for directions!

Back