Birchbox April 2014 - SPOILERS

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm such a sucker for a water bottle... so I kind of want to add it..  Though I'm going on vacation April 12th; and I know my box would never arrive before then to use it.
icon_neutral.gif

https://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox-plus-bkr-bottle?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_term=032514_W_S_BBPlus&utm_campaign=032514_W_S_BBPlus

Disregard; it's sold out... but a nice 20% code was there for me :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I wish I had gotten the eyeliner email. Oh well, apparently BB thinks I'm an older lady with aging skin because I keep getting serums and creams from them... I'm 23.

Quote: Originally Posted by KellyKaye /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wish I had gotten the eyeliner email. Oh well, apparently BB thinks I'm an older lady with aging skin because I keep getting serums and creams from them... I'm 23.
I know serums and creams are kinda boring but its definitely better to use them sooner rather than later. I used to hate getting them but then my mom told me she "looks like my sister" because she started using anti-aging at a young age. So I decided 23 was a good time to start. I know for me they're also good because it helps when I don't get enough sleep or go out in the sun.

Well no eyeliner email for me : ( 3 accounts Birchbox, the least you could do is send me a silver eyeliner!

I know serums and creams are kinda boring but its definitely better to use them sooner rather than later. I used to hate getting them but then my mom told me she "looks like my sister" because she started using anti-aging at a young age. So I decided 23 was a good time to start. I know for me they're also good because it helps when I don't get enough sleep or go out in the sun.
Oh yeah, I totally hear you and I have started incorporating anti-aging products into my routine. It's just strange because with all the products that go out and how my profile is set up, I thought that the likelihood of receiving these types of samples was slim, but I've gotten at least 2 but usually 3 of these samples every month since I've been with birchbox.

Quote: Originally Posted by KellyKaye /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh yeah, I totally hear you and I have started incorporating anti-aging products into my routine. It's just strange because with all the products that go out and how my profile is set up, I thought that the likelihood of receiving these types of samples was slim, but I've gotten at least 2 but usually 3 of these samples every month since I've been with birchbox.
I'm kind of convinced that birchbox is set up so that we're not always getting what our profiles indicate we like. My primary reason for thinking this is that if I like nail polish, I'm naturally going to be looking at nail polish stuff and knowing about those products more so than say like hair products, which I never pay attention to. A lot of these brands are probably wanting to reach out to people who might not necessarily look at their products. I think that's one reason why people might not feel like they get products they indicate they want or like on their profile.

(with that said, sending out products that aren't for someone's hair type or skin type is just not right).

I'm kind of convinced that birchbox is set up so that we're not always getting what our profiles indicate we like. My primary reason for thinking this is that if I like nail polish, I'm naturally going to be looking at nail polish stuff and knowing about those products more so than say like hair products, which I never pay attention to. A lot of these brands are probably wanting to reach out to people who might not necessarily look at their products. I think that's one reason why people might not feel like they get products they indicate they want or like on their profile. (with that said, sending out products that aren't for someone's hair type or skin type is just not right).
I agree! I definitely think it has to do with product marketing and BB's "discovery" plan.

Did anyone get an email about choosing an eyeliner color for the April box? It's for a Cynthia rowley eyeliner pencil. The email states it will be one of my samples and I have 2 days to chose black or silver.
Interesting, I guess this means any changes to profile by at least this time around don't affect the coming box...so I wonder if any changes should be by like the 20th to ensure tweaks go through

Quote: Originally Posted by ScoutSays /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They've started populating April box pages!

'Scuse the newbie. Can you post the link for this? I can only get to the March bo

Quote: Originally Posted by anbdobbs22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by ScoutSays /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They've started populating April box pages!

'Scuse the newbie. Can you post the link for this? I can only get to the March bo

https://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox-1/april-2014/april-2014-bb1

change bb1 at the end to bb2, etc to see the rest.  The first few boxes didn't show anything yet though, had to go about box 5 before seeing stuff.

Looks like some good stuff so far. I would like some Paula's Choice. I wish the shop carried the anti-redness serum, I've been living off that stuff and my rosacea looks better. The 10% BHA is something I've wanted to try for awhile.

1/2 the boxes so far (12 out of 24) I can't receive so far, but I still see some decent boxes.

Quote: Originally Posted by txsfajsmama /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Looks like some good stuff so far. I would like some Paula's Choice. I wish the shop carried the anti-redness serum, I've been living off that stuff and my rosacea looks better. The 10% BHA is something I've wanted to try for awhile.
Oooh, I agree, that looks great & I'd like to try it. Or just about anything skincare related I saw so far. 

Plus I saw:

There goes any chance of me not getting a second sub. 
patches.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by ashleygo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  1/2 the boxes so far (12 out of 24) I can't receive so far, but I still see some decent boxes.

I can only rule out 4 so far, but this is only going to be my 3rd month! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yikes... I can only get the following boxes, 1, 2, 5, 21 or 22.

So many boxes have the Bee Kind Lotion, #4 Shampoo or The Balm Apples...

If you unsubscribe and resub, does it reset what you can get? Or does your box history still count so you don't get dupes?

Latest posts

Back