Birchbox April 2016 Spoilers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the same as @@Bizgirlva second box posted above.  All 3 sample choices, Malin + goetz moisturier & cleanser and the Amika dry conditioner.  I'm not really sure how I feel about this box.  I guess I might try the sample choice products. 

As for skin care and hair products, I feel like I have too many right now anyway - that's why I picked the makeup trio sample in the first place. 

I think my box is sucky, but I'm thinking that after 3 years of boxes maybe they're just running out of things to give me, since most of the box combos I've seen have some sort of dupe for me.

-Beaver Shampoo and Conditioner. Meh. It'll get used, but not exciting. 

-Au Naturale Trio. My PYS, excited for this.

-Penhaligon's Levantium perfume. This stuff is almost $200. And it's full of a bunch of notes that I dislike. I don't really mind getting perfume samples, but I want something that smells good. (I hope the rose note is strong.)

-Acure Pore Minimizing Face Scrub. I'm really excited for this. I love Acure and I've never tried this before. 

This box is weird. I love and am super excited for 2/5 products and I'll use the other 3 (I'll probably even trudge through the perfume even if I don't love it.) I love the curated box and I'm wishing I had just stuck with that. Maybe I'm at the point where it needs to just be curated or nothing, since I haven't loved my last 3 or so "mystery" boxes.

Looks like I'm getting...

Beaver shampoo and conditioner. I was mad at first but it looks like it's a protein enhanced duo and I bleach my hair so maybe it'll be okay.

Acure scrub. Fine. Keep sending me d's scrubs and I'll never actually BUY one, Birchbox!

PBJ smoothie stick. Seems interesting!

RMS wipes. This is my PYS and I plan on sticking them in my makeup bag for on the go touch ups.

Probably a 6/10 this month. Better than some but meh.

I think recently I complained on an earlier post about my lack of never getting anything but a five item box. So naturally to prove me wrong BB gave me a seven item box this month. They are welcome to prove me wrong some more if they'd like. 

Comptoir Sud Pacifique Vanille Coco- I still do not like perfume samples. This one has me on the fence though because I like coconut but hate vanilla scents. 

Acure Organics Pore Minimizing Facial Scrub- I think I'm going to end up owning the entire Acure line due to sub boxes. They are alright though. I don't usually use scrubs on my face but I can always use it as a body scrub. 

POP Beauty Matte Velvet Lipstick Trio- I love matte lipstick but none of the colors are ones I'd ever pick for myself.

Super Goop Daily Correct CC Cream SPF- I love CC and BB creams. I feel my face looks much better wearing them instead of a full face of foundation. I have not tried this one yet but I'm looking forward to it.

Davines Ol All In One Milk- This sounds like something I'd like. It's moisturizing, frizz fighting, and offers UV protection. Now I just have to hope it's not smelly. 

Davines Ol Conditioner- I'm gong to guess this is going to be a foil along with the shampoo

Davines Ol Shampoo-  I don't use shampoo 

Though I'm happy for a box with more items I wish some of them were a little more relevant to me. Overall it doesn't seem like a bad box and most of the items I'm just going to have to try before I decide if I like them or not. From what I've seen of other peoples boxes I would have liked to of tried the Aquareveal because it sounds interesting and the Beauty Crop PBJ Smoothie Stick simply because I've had good luck with that brand. I'm happy I didn't choose a PYS and hopefully some of the interesting items I didn't get this month will be possibilities for next month! 

I was trying to get down to only one box this month as I'm swamped with samples, but I wanted both Rifle Paper boxes so I chose the curated box on one account (wanted to try or will use everything), and chose the RMS wipes on the other account. I'm getting a seven item box and I'm happy with everything, which is the first time in a while for me!

RMS wipes

IPKN BB cream

Naobay mattifying cream

ACure lip lush

Davines shampoo, conditioner and milk

Just crossing my fingers that this box doesn't change and that the Davines samples aren't all foils. I'm in the market for a new shampoo and conditioner (just bought the hair detox kit too) so I'd like to be able to try these more than one time!

I was trying to get down to only one box this month as I'm swamped with samples, but I wanted both Rifle Paper boxes so I chose the curated box on one account (wanted to try or will use everything), and chose the RMS wipes on the other account. I'm getting a seven item box and I'm happy with everything, which is the first time in a while for me!

RMS wipes

IPKN BB cream

Naobay mattifying cream

ACure lip lush

Just crossing my fingers that this box doesn't change and that the Davines samples aren't all foils. I'm in the market for a new shampoo and conditioner (just bought the hair detox kit too) so I'd like to be able to try these more than one time!
I'm (hopefully) getting the same box! Davines usually sends one deluxe size sample and two foils.

I'm getting:

Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm

RMS makeup remover wipes (my PYS)

Vasanti Brighten Up Face Rejuvenator

Beauty Protector Protect and Detangle

Well People Expressionist Mascara

Overall, not a bad box this month. However, I have already gotten both the Vasanti and the Beauty Protector in previous boxes. I like both of the products, but I would prefer to try something new.

7 item box on my random account this month:

• Acure organics lip lush - not a gloss person, but full sized item
  • Juliette has a gun anyway pefume - 100% will enjoy this even on name alone
  • Vasanti® BrightenUp! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator - has good reviews, excited to try
  • Supergoop!® Daily Correct CC Cream ​SPF - excited to try it. second Supergoop! product
  • Davines OI / All in One Milk - neat!
  • Davines OI / Conditioner - fine since it's a 7 item box
  • Davines OI / Shampoo - fine since it's a 7 item box

I am happy with my box but dang! Look at this one so many to review and one is the 3 sample makeup!

https://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox-1/april-2016/april-2016-bb4
Thats the box my spoilers showing! I've always wanted to smell the Juliette has a gun, it has really good reviews on the BB site. Plus the Au Naturale trio set AND the pbj pencil? YAY! The Davines samples will get used, I love the Minu line so much. The Aquareveal sounds interesting, but my face is still healing from the damage the Smashbox primer oil did (broke me out SO BAD), I'm really sticking to what I know works best for my face. Maybe I'll try it out on my neck first. I'm so excited for this months box, I haven't felt the love from BB in forever!

How are youo guys seeing your boxes? Where is the cheat link please :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
https://www.birchbox.com/me/boxes/women/2016/4?utm_source=linkshare&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=TnL5HPStwNw&siteID=TnL5HPStwNw-mn1hIgRjInYwmId.2.VLrg

It updates usually on the first or second of the new month. You can reuse this link next month just change where it says /4 to /5 for May and continue to do so for the following months. These are early cheats and still have the possibility to change before your box is officially revealed to you. 

Thats the box my spoilers showing! I've always wanted to smell the Juliette has a gun, it has really good reviews on the BB site.
I feel like everyone from BB is gonna smell the same for a few weeks. I've got the Juliette Has a Gun Not A Perfume sample before, still have a bunch since I don't wear perfume often. It's really high quality and lasts for freaking ages. I legit woke up the next morning and could still smell it before my shower. I'm excited to be getting their Anyway fragrance now :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. Especially since people call it things like 'nonchalance in a bottle'. Not sure how I feel about it having some musk undertones and unisex bits though. Guess we'll see. Hurry up BB!!

I would love a perfume sample, esp the Juliette Has a Gun, but my box on my regular account has

Whish Shave Crave (nope)

Beauty Crop Smoothie Stick (nope, Seriously, never tell a beauty box you don't wear something, because you will get it in every box because they must assume you just haven't found the 'right' one yet! > :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> )

Briogeo Hair mask (my PYS)
RMS Makeup wipe (ok)
Amika Dry Conditioner (to go with 11 million dry shampoos I don't use)

I am glad I ordered the curated box with points, as I REALLY like the Laura Geller blush after wearing it, it is everything I HOPED Nars orgasm would be if it actually showed up at all on my skin tone.

I picked the curated box on my second account for the Marcelle and Dr. Jart products (the other items are okay, but repeats, I think I have 2 LG blushed and have given at least one to my nieces.) I picked the make up trio on the other account and ended up with that, the Marcelle, the Dr. Jart, Amika texture spray and Odacite serum. So my boxes are pretty much the same but at least with products that I really wanted.

I picked the curated box, because I love Laura Geller blush. I was looking at my past boxes over the years and I regularly used to get 6 or 7 item boxes, but for the last year I've only had 3. Plus I'm getting a lot of the same samples, nothing new and exciting. Also getting hair products for fine/thin hair. I have thick/wavy to curly hair, says it on my profile too. I don't get it. 

Beauty Crop Smoothie Stick (nope, Seriously, never tell a beauty box you don't wear something, because you will get it in every box because they must assume you just haven't found the 'right' one yet! > :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> )
I would love to swap for Beauty Crop Smoothie Stick. Please let me know if you're looking for something specific or open for swap at all ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

finally a 7 item box! i have been getting 5ers for like +4 months now. I miss having an extra or 2 even if its foil packets lol I need points! I got my eyes on some makeup

RMS wipes

IPKN BB cream

Naobay mattifying cream

ACure lip lush

I got this a year ago or so, and the milk was a very deluxe size and the shampoo/cond were foils. The milk lasted forever- it was a really huge sample

Back