Birchbox August 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by wagz379 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got the email for that (offering a pre-order before it went open to everyone) and I love it! (I dont change my jewelry out much except for bracelets, I love bracelets and have tons).  I didn't think they were going to send them but maybe i'll wait a month before I order.
They never sent out the ugly big hair clips but they did put them in a 'limited edition' box.  But this bracelet is cute so I hope they do send them out. 

I hope they send them too. Those type of bracelets are popular right now.

Originally Posted by Dollysantana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good morning for those who didn't get to try mannakadar and are wanting to try they are giving free samples on their face book page mannakadar cosmetics , like them and comment !!!
biggrin.gif
Yay!  Thanks for the tip!  In one of the comments the company rep said that she'd be happy to send out "some goodies".  Wonder what we'll get?  I love it when companies do things like this and when people spread the word.  It also said to tell all your friends, so they must have quite a few to send out.  It makes me remember a company when they're generous and send out products to try.  Nice.

I loved the Manna Kadar Glo Lotion! The color was gorgeous and really pretty; nice illuminator that I want to buy a full size. I saw lots of good things on their website I'd be interested in. Yes, wonder what they'll send out as far as samples...and yep, BB did it again. Another great product and company I want to try more of lol.

Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Keeping my 3 subs to bb after all. Its my favorite subscription and I usually get great products in my boxes.
Thank you, thank you, thank you.  Now I don't feel so alone . . . It's my favorite sub too and having multiple subs gives me higher odds of getting good for me samples.  And if I don't get what I want, I can trade ladies the things that they are looking for for stuff I like.  I usually get pretty great products in my boxes too.  Hope I haven't jinxed myself!  I feel like the community here adds to the fun and it's almost like buying 3 raffle tickets instead of one, you get three chances to find out what cool products you get to try this month.  (Um, I actually have 4, but one is a friends that she just decided to cancel and I haven't gotten around to letting it go yet . . .)  I use the extras for gift bags, too.  And my husband (yay!) just told me last night that he'd better start using some good moisturizers because he doesn't want me looking 17 and him looking like an old man in comparison, lol.  He's 5 1/2 years older than me but definitely not an old man.  So I have to have extras now to keep him all fresh faced and keep sun damage at bay.  I really think some of the antioxidants and vitamins C and also vitamin A retinoids and other ingredients can help with sunspots and sun damage.  Better preventative than fixing damage, I've already got him slathering on sunscreen as a habit, so hopefully all of this helps.  It's cute (to me) that he understands my love of beauty things and lets me try out my new creams on him too.  He is my best friend, after all!  Somehow, I just don't think my girl friends would be too happy if I said, "Here, I think you should try this, your skin is looking a bit like it needs some moisture", lol!  We girls take things too much to heart sometimes, besides, I don't think I could do that, I hate hurting anyone's feelings.

Originally Posted by jkwynn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think the theme this month is "We aren't even finished with July!" - looks like some people might get their July/August boxes VERY close together...
That  would be me. Still no July box. Hope August goes better.

Originally Posted by Steffi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I hope not for the bracelets...they say they're 7 inches, which would be too small for me, and knowing my luck they'd send me gold when I hate gold.
i feel you on the gold thing, i prefer silver over gold. but i would still love to get this in my box.

I'm just really looking forward to trying all new brands!  Here's to a big change as we move out of summer into fall!

Originally Posted by sweetiegirlll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yay!  Thanks for the tip!  In one of the comments the company rep said that she'd be happy to send out "some goodies".  Wonder what we'll get?  I love it when companies do things like this and when people spread the word.  It also said to tell all your friends, so they must have quite a few to send out.  It makes me remember a company when they're generous and send out products to try.  Nice.
Am i the only one who emails company's that i didn't get the samples in my BB that i REALLY wanted to try?!  Last month I didn't get the Coola, so I emailed them and they sent me a few samples within a week!  Same thing with Jouer and Manna Kadar!  I just figure its easier to go straight to the source! 

Question for the ladies that have second (or third) accounts.  How long were you on the waitlist for them? I've been on for like a month using my own referral!  

Originally Posted by mariahk83 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Am i the only one who emails company's that i didn't get the samples in my BB that i REALLY wanted to try?!  Last month I didn't get the Coola, so I emailed them and they sent me a few samples within a week!  Same thing with Jouer and Manna Kadar!  I just figure its easier to go straight to the source! 
ooooo. i got the coola in my birchbox. i really like it. and a little goes a long way- i just dumped it into a pot. what did they send you?

Originally Posted by Linnake /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Question for the ladies that have second (or third) accounts.  How long were you on the waitlist for them? I've been on for like a month using my own referral!  
I have 3 accounts and maybe I am just lucky but I didnt get put on a waitlist for any of them. I got my first one at the end of December, second one in March and 3rd one in May.

Nope, I do that too.  Not all of the things I didn't get, of course, but a few that I'd like to try.  I don't generally come back here with what I got from who because by the time I pick up my two months worth of mail, it's old news.  So it comes as a nice surprise to me when companies send out samples.  I didn't email Coola, I think I have something from them from Beauty Army.  I hate those little cardboard pouches, I need to place an order for little pots to pour packet samples and cardboard samples into so there isn't so much waste.  Have you had a lot of companies turn you down, too?  It seems like some companies just do Facebook giveaways and don't send out samples.  Jouer was generous and I am hopeful that when I get my mail that I'll have something in there from Melvita.  I'd really like to try more of their products and place a nice sized order.

Originally Posted by Mandy Kane /img/forum/go_quote.gif

ooooo. i got the coola in my birchbox. i really like it. and a little goes a long way- i just dumped it into a pot. what did they send you?
just three different face sunscreens, that's all i was interested in.  I got the cucumber matte, the regular cucumber, and unscented.  I ended up buying the cucumber matte from BB - since it has zinc i have to mix it with the stila one step bronze so my face doesn't look so greay/white from it!

just three different face sunscreens, that's all i was interested in.  I got the cucumber matte, the regular cucumber, and unscented.  I ended up buying the cucumber matte from BB - since it has zinc i have to mix it with the stila one step bronze so my face doesn't look so greay/white from it!
How obvious is the chalkiness?   I use Dermalogica Super Sensitive Sunblock which is also mineral but it is SO EXPENSIVE so I was thinking of trying the Coola as an alternative.  The Dermalogica doesn't show at all, but I am fair.  My face freaks out something fierce from chemical sunblocks.  

Where is your favorite (and hopefully inexpensive) source to order the little pots? Packet samples are a pain but if I pot them I could get more use. Plus I need one when my pump quits at the end of my Dr. Jart+ because I saw someone online get much more after they cracked theirs open.

Originally Posted by Jackieblue /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Where is your favorite (and hopefully inexpensive) source to order the little pots? Packet samples are a pain but if I pot them I could get more use. Plus I need one when my pump quits at the end of my Dr. Jart+ because I saw someone online get much more after they cracked theirs open.

You can find small "pots" in the paint section of any craft store (Hobby Lobby/Michael's/etc.)  They're airtight and would serve the purpose.

http://shop.hobbylobby.com/crafts/paints-and-accessories/paint-storage/

Originally Posted by LizzieC /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Jackieblue /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You can find small "pots" in the paint section of any craft store (Hobby Lobby/Michael's/etc.)  They're airtight and would serve the purpose.

http://shop.hobbylobby.com/crafts/paints-and-accessories/paint-storage/

Wow, 16 pots for two bucks!? Nice. Thanks for the great idea. I didn't think of paint pots.

Back