Birchbox August 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I noticed in the Birchbox new products the Lipstick Queen Liptropolis set. Does anyone have any experience the brand? I should be getting a promo code this month so I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on the brand. Would it be worth buying?

http://www.birchbox.com/shop/new/lipstick-queen-liptropolis
I have the Jean Queen Lip Gloss from BB and I really like it. I think its odd that they don't have the Jean Queen lipstick too but that's Birchbox! I don't care for a lot of her shades though.

I have Lipstick Queen in Medieval, and like it a lot.  It is very sheer, and as it is a blue toned red, it pulls really pink on me.  So, I would tend to call it a dark pink rather than a red, but I like the formula.   It is a good one to put in a bag so I can have a lip tint whit me whenever.

Originally Posted by Jazbot /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Between the 8th-15th...How long were you on the waitlist?
I also got an invite for my second box today. I think I was waitlisted about two or three weeks. I cancelled Sample Society right after I received their July box (probably around the first week in July) after just being underwhelmed by the past few. When I initially signed up for Birchbox back in May, I think I was waitlisted about three weeks then as well.

Originally Posted by Jeka19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It took me over a month to get off the waitlist! Got the email today to sign up... So excited to try BB!
biggrin.gif
welcome!!!

Originally Posted by Jeka19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It took me over a month to get off the waitlist! Got the email today to sign up... So excited to try BB!
biggrin.gif
it took me that long too! im so glad im off cause i thought id never get a chance to try it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I jsut got my july box today. I was on the wait list so I didn't sign up until a couple weeks ago. I'm LOVING everything in my box so far  - except the supergoop only because I dont see myself paying the price for full size

Thanks for the welcome ladies! Can't wait to discuss BB's August box when it arrives.

have Lipstick Queen in Medieval, and like it a lot. It is very sheer, and as it is a blue toned red, it pulls really pink on me. So, I would tend to call it a dark pink rather than a red, but I like the formula. It is a good one to put in a bag so I can have a lip tint whit me whenever.
That one always looks appealing in the picture, and blue tones like Jean Queen work on me, so I'll have to think about using some points on it. I wonder if any Lipstick Queen has ever made it to a BB?  

i was waitlisted from beginning of june until july 14th.  on the 14th i was charged and my email with confirmation came.  its the 31st and i still havent gotten my box.  it is finally in my town but it hasnt been delivered.  does it normally take over 2weeks to ship?

Originally Posted by Dollysantana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good morning for those who didn't get to try mannakadar and are wanting to try they are giving free samples on their face book page mannakadar cosmetics , like them and comment !!!
biggrin.gif
hello, I was wondering if you actually received an email saying they would send samples? I posted on their fb page and emailed requesting samples, I received an email from them with a code off a fullsized shimmer lotion order but no mention of the samples I had requested.

i was waitlisted from beginning of june until july 14th.  on the 14th i was charged and my email with confirmation came.  its the 31st and i still havent gotten my box.  it is finally in my town but it hasnt been delivered.  does it normally take over 2weeks to ship?
Since you signed up so late in the month, yes. Now that u are subscribed, your box should ship every month between the 5th and the 10th. They have gotten a little lax with that timeframe lately though, but u can and should contact them if u dont have a shipment confirmation by the 11th.

Welcome to the club! 
arco.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeka19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by diana16 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

it took me that long too! im so glad im off cause i thought id never get a chance to try it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's anxiously awaiting hints from Birchbox!  I've been checking their site for the past couple of days now just to see if they've started adding new products yet.

Lol, I've yet to try stalking the site, but in a few days I know I won't be able to help myself..lol.

This is the only box I am going to try and not get hints. I say that now but tomorrow I will probably be looking for them lol
biggrin.gif

hello, I was wondering if you actually received an email saying they would send samples? I posted on their fb page and emailed requesting samples, I received an email from them with a code off a fullsized shimmer lotion order but no mention of the samples I had requested.
No they sent me the same email as yours but crossing my fingers to get the sample in the mail if not I'll email them again that would be really rude if they don't send us one!!! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back