Birchbox August 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by astokes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was just going to say that. Lol

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Less if it's the only thing you buy and use a 40% or 50% coupon. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Yep! I also keep some of my old sample jars and wash them out for those purposes. Nice to be able to dump stuff out of the packets into jars and preseve them, so you can really try them past one or two uses.

Originally Posted by Jackieblue /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Where is your favorite (and hopefully inexpensive) source to order the little pots? Packet samples are a pain but if I pot them I could get more use. Plus I need one when my pump quits at the end of my Dr. Jart+ because I saw someone online get much more after they cracked theirs open.
I always ask for samples at sephora, so I have a bunch of empties after a while. I bought some more off of ebay since I found so many uses for them! I use those to fill up my sample packets, and theyactually  get used that way! I also like to use them for sticking things like tinted moisturizer or sunscreen for my face and then throwing them in a small zippy in my makeup bag. Or sometimes a friend asks to try something I have, like the one step bronze I got in june's box, I'll full one up and let her try some. As for the bb creams, I had 4 nearly empty tubes, and I took a bare minerals sample container and filled up. Even though the bb cream is too gray for me. lol

Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have 3 accounts and maybe I am just lucky but I didnt get put on a waitlist for any of them. I got my first one at the end of December, second one in March and 3rd one in May.
I have noticed that they seem to empty out the waitlist when they do curated boxes, especially the _Gossip Girl_ boxes.  I signed up on the waitlist under a few different email addresses and sent them referral invitations when they first announced the _GG_ boxes (I was specifically trying to avoid the welcome boxes) just to cover all of my bases, and I received signup notices within a day or two for each account via each method (so I ended up with at least two signup codes per email address -- one for the referral code and one for the regular waitlist -- since the system also went buggy and continued to send a signup codes multiple times).  You might not get referral points, but you would at least get in.

One thing I've noticed:  It looks like existing members can buy 3-, 6-, or 12-month gift subs (and you can pick when then first box ships up to three months in advance), and then I believe you automatically have the option to keep going after the gift sub runs out without having to do the waitlist thing again, so if you *really* wanted to get off the waitlist, that might be something to consider.

Originally Posted by Jackieblue /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Where is your favorite (and hopefully inexpensive) source to order the little pots? Packet samples are a pain but if I pot them I could get more use. Plus I need one when my pump quits at the end of my Dr. Jart+ because I saw someone online get much more after they cracked theirs open.
i have these from hobby lobby, they all screw on top of each other, i have loose shimmer eyeshadow in it that was packaged in a rollerball tube and i like using my brushes... they were most likely under $4 i love these!!!!!

Originally Posted by Meggpi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How obvious is the chalkiness?   I use Dermalogica Super Sensitive Sunblock which is also mineral but it is SO EXPENSIVE so I was thinking of trying the Coola as an alternative.  The Dermalogica doesn't show at all, but I am fair.  My face freaks out something fierce from chemical sunblocks.  
I thought it blended in quite nicely. I liked the texture of it. My skin is pretty low maintenance and I am olive toned though, so idk if that's at all helpful!

Originally Posted by Angelalh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i have these from hobby lobby, they all screw on top of each other, i have loose shimmer eyeshadow in it that was packaged in a rollerball tube and i like using my brushes... they were most likely under $4 i love these!!!!!

I'm not keen on the stacky ones like that; I bought a set of 30 (for beading) off of Amazon that work better for me, as they are smaller. To each her own, though, right? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Meggpi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How obvious is the chalkiness?   I use Dermalogica Super Sensitive Sunblock which is also mineral but it is SO EXPENSIVE so I was thinking of trying the Coola as an alternative.  The Dermalogica doesn't show at all, but I am fair.  My face freaks out something fierce from chemical sunblocks.  
I have light skin and i can tell on me if i'm not careful of how much i apply.  I also wasn't used to a mineral sunscreen prior to this, so that may have something to do with it.  I do like that they have one that is matte - since that's the whole reason i HATED wearing sunscreen on my face!  You can always email the co. and ask for samples, they were pretty quick getting them to me!

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm not keen on the stacky ones like that; I bought a set of 30 (for beading) off of Amazon that work better for me, as they are smaller. To each her own, though, right? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
thats right.... i always lose the other kind lol... i only have am itty bitty vanity that is way too overcrowded

Originally Posted by Angelalh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

thats right.... i always lose the other kind lol... i only have am itty bitty vanity that is way too overcrowded
Makes perfect sense that you'd prefer the stacky ones, then. For me, since I haven't got a vanity, the portability of the non=stacky is key.

I wish we could get semi hints like a few months ago...
fad.gif

Originally Posted by mariahk83 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have light skin and i can tell on me if i'm not careful of how much i apply.  I also wasn't used to a mineral sunscreen prior to this, so that may have something to do with it.  I do like that they have one that is matte - since that's the whole reason i HATED wearing sunscreen on my face!  You can always email the co. and ask for samples, they were pretty quick getting them to me!
I got a reply email saying that they have exhausted their sample supplies.  Oh well.  

Yes, I finally got taken off the Birchbox waitlist today! When do they usually mail there boxes out? Thanks =]

Originally Posted by morre22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes, I finally got taken off the Birchbox waitlist today! When do they usually mail there boxes out? Thanks =]
Between the 8th-15th...How long were you on the waitlist?

Usually, BB mails out by or around the 10th of each month. So the thread will be popping pretty soon with spoilers and comparisons on shipping notices! Welcome to the madness ladies! Lol...

Originally Posted by Jazbot /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Between the 8th-15th...How long were you on the waitlist?
I was on the waitlist for over a little over a month I think.

Back