Birchbox August 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by jorja628 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So, I was playing around on the BB website and found what could be the URL for August 2012 (not like the one that appears to be for 2011). Some of the items look like July 2012 items, though....

http://www.birchbox.com/shop/aug2012-box
It's not. The 2012 link would be http://www.birchbox.com/shop/august2012-box and it's currently 404ing (which is a good sign). I'm currently "locked out" from being able to tell how many boxes there are since the urls are directing rather than 404ing. It's still early though and images shouldn't be up until next week.

Ooh! So excited! I would love to be able to help! When I was in Nicaragua last year, the sight of children begging on the street  coming up to cars for money and food broke my heart!!! So I would love to have 15% of my purchases being donated to helping these children get the opportunity to attend school! I forsee a bunch of money being spent in the shop....

This is a great move on Birchbox's part. I am actually much more likely to make a purchase this month knowing that a portion of the proceeds will be going to a good cause like this.

Originally Posted by Auntboo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is a great move on witchbox's part. I am actually much more likely to make a purchase this month knowing that a portion of the proceeds will be going to a good cause like this.
Lol! Oops! I have almost made that mistake too.

rofl2.gif

This is a great move on witchbox's part. I am actually much more likely to make a purchase this month knowing that a portion of the proceeds will be going to a good cause like this.
LOL

So glad bb is teaming up them especially since I'm a teacher! If anyone has an invite they aren't going to use please pm me! Need one for my mother in law! Thanks for the help ladies!!!!

I'm much more likely to buy this time too!  Hopefully we'll be back to the way BB used to be before all these sponsors started coming in... just good, new product samples and no gimmicks!  
hehe.gif

Not directed at anyone in particular, but I just want to point out that it's billed as "15% of purchases," so discount codes or points will reduce the actual amount donated.  For example, if an order would originally sell at $100, and you use points and codes to get it down to $50, the 15% donation would be $7.50 rather than $15.  That being said, it's still better than nothing and is a win-win-win for you, Birchbox and the charity.

Bwahahaha *choking on my larabar*

LOL we are all such dorks. Love you guys!

Curated or not, I'm all for good causes! I like what BB is doing with the organization this month. Guess I'll probably break down and buy something!
I got an e-mail saying that they would send me "several samples to try". I wonder if they are running out?
sorry off topic...thanks for replying...hopefully we will get samoles even though we didn't get the email...fingers crossed!

Birchbox charged my account twice then credited me the extra $10 back. Anyone else got charged twice?
wink.gif

Did everyone get the email about getting the free keychain with the prmo code?

Lol! Oops! I have almost made that mistake too. :rofl2:
D'oh!! Who put that T so close to the R? :rofl: I went ahead and edited my original post for politeness' sake but your reposts will keep my error alive in perpetuity for the sake of the LOLs.

Originally Posted by lady41 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did everyone get the email about getting the free keychain with the prmo code?
Sure didn't.  Is it one of those "spend a bajillion bucks, get this free" kind of promos?

Latest posts

Back