Birchbox August 2014 - Spoilers!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not interested in any of the choose your own samples so I think I'll cancel again. Love staniac but I already have 2 of those samples and a full size, plus they last a LONG time. I use it several times a week and it's still like 1/2 full. I wish we could choose another Ruffian lol.
Seriously, I just want more ruffian or laqa lip lube.

I think calling the surprise me option a mystery sample is inaccurate. It is just a random box instead of one with a preselected sample.
I'm just going on what they labeled it, although my email said "You've opted to receive a mystery sample in your July box - a valiant choice!"

Perhaps they should start calling these boxes the "valiant choice sample" box! heh!

Or brave, courageous, valorous, intrepid, heroic, gallant, lionhearted, bold, fearless, daring, audacious...etc.  

Great book. Seems strange it's their book club book though considering how long ago it came out.
I agree, although I was literally just thinking that I wished they didn't always do brand new books because I'd like to have it be one I could try and find on paperback and maybe even get it at Half Price Books. I think I'll actually read this one though because I love Mindy and have been wanting to read her book. 

I'm not really into any of the samples you can choose, but I am glad they are continuing the option!

I'd also really LOVE a signed copy of Mindy's book. She's my favorite! I'll have to keep an eye out for the contests.

I am going to try to game the system with my 2 accounts and try to figure out which PYS will get me the best other samples.  I really would love the purple laqua, but am not sure that will still be sampled.  One of my accounts is a classic 20-something, the other is an adventurous, trendy 30-something.  I'll probably pick the staniac for the 20 something and the cream eyeshadow for the 30 something.
I'd love to do that too, but how are you going to figure it out? I know the Rosary polish seemed to have the best samples with it in the box, but no one knew that until the box pages started to load. Won't it be too late to pick a sample by that time? If you know a trick, please let me know!   :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm not really into any of the samples you can choose, but I am glad they are continuing the option!

I'd also really LOVE a signed copy of Mindy's book. She's my favorite! I'll have to keep an eye out for the contests.
What is the book about? I thought the Mindy Project was just a show. Is it a fake book written by a ghost writer pretending to be the fictional character Mindy? I can't figure it out, lol. No offense, as I can tell by your pic you love the show, but the few times I watched it it just didn't impress me so I never got into it.

this is making me want to get 2 more birchboxes!.. so that I can get the 3 samples I want... I've had BB for a year and a half but have never pulled the trigger for more than 1 BB ( though I want).

What is the book about? I thought the Mindy Project was just a show. Is it a fake book written by a ghost writer pretending to be the fictional character Mindy? I can't figure it out, lol. No offense, as I can tell by your pic you love the show, but the few times I watched it it just didn't impress me so I never got into it.
Her character on the show is Mindy Lahari, but Mindy Kaling is a real person. 

The book is like a series of short essays/sketches by Mindy Kaling on a variety of topics; it's pretty funny.  Also the show improves greatly in the second season, especially the second half.  They get rid of a lot of random characters and change up the dynamic a bit more.

The book is like a series of short essays/sketches by Mindy Kaling on a variety of topics; it's pretty funny.  Also the show improves greatly in the second season, especially the second half.  They get rid of a lot of random characters and change up the dynamic a bit more.
That show has the best guests. Also, I just love the Danny/Mindy thing.

Did I miss the announcement on when pick your sample will go live, or has it not been announced yet?

FYI - That Harvey Prince Gardenia perfume smells exactly like Michael Kors. And it didn't give me hives. So, it is probably not natural gardenia. I might buy a bottle, when I have points and a code, because it is a beautiful fragrance and is lasting very well, today.

So I'm curious - say you already received Staniac and loved it, would their system allow you to pick the sample of it?
You should be able to. I had this option last month: 

"Can you ever have too much of a good thing? You've sampled Cynthia Rowley Beauty's unbudgable lip stain before - and if you'd like, you can pick a shade of it for your next box" 

She wrote more than 20 episodes of The Office, and has written, produced and directed a bunch of episodes of her own show, so I'm pretty sure she wrote the book herself.   I think she was known as a writer before she got into acting.

Just got this email and this was the "or" option next to the choose your own sample options for birchbox. Sounds like a collab box???

Screenshot_2014-07-21-16-27-13.png

Latest posts

Back