Birchbox August 2015 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's a typo. The website is full of them. Last month Venezia was described as "bright" while Bella and Beso were classic red and bright pink. 
Perhaps, but my "Birchbox Points" page used to say "10 points" instead of what it says now. I hope it is just an error.

Mine still says:

+10 Birchbox Points

Get up to $5 in the Shop with 50 Birchbox Points!

where are you seeing the 5 points information?

I looked at my ACES page - it states 10 points "Review products in your box +10 points per review"

The BB FAQ on how to get points still states 10 points per review "and you earn 10 points for each review you leave on samples you've received" .  My current box month still states "Get 10 Birchbox Points for each sample review. 100 Points = $10 in the Shop." 

where are you seeing the 5 points information?

I looked at my ACES page - it states 10 points "Review products in your box +10 points per review"

The BB FAQ on how to get points still states 10 points per review "and you earn 10 points for each review you leave on samples you've received" .  My current box month still states "Get 10 Birchbox Points for each sample review. 100 Points = $10 in the Shop." 
Mine shows up on the "Birchbox Points" page. It's where you click the actual link that lists your points amount, and it takes you to the page that shows all of the points transactions, benefits, etc. It's a different page than my ACES page. I'm not sure if that is the same page others are seeing. For me, I was on that page about 48-72 hours ago, and it didn't say 5 points at that time.

I haven't seen anyone mention this, but did anyone else get a birchbox man virtual reality box thing. I got it in the box with my box and mask set. I have never had birchbox man so I have no idea why I got this. It is kind of neat. My kids liked it.

Mine shows up on the "Birchbox Points" page. It's where you click the actual link that lists your points amount, and it takes you to the page that shows all of the points transactions, benefits, etc. It's a different page than my ACES page. I'm not sure if that is the same page others are seeing. For me, I was on that page about 48-72 hours ago, and it didn't say 5 points at that time.
thanks, mine points page doesn't mention how many points I get for  reviews -  just this 

https://www.birchbox.com/shop/reward/customer/info/

Keep racking up those points by referring friends, answering surveys, and purchasing full‑size versions of your samples. More points translates into more great products!

my other points page still states 10 points

https://www.birchbox.com/points

I haven't seen anyone mention this, but did anyone else get a birchbox man virtual reality box thing. I got it in the box with my box and mask set. I have never had birchbox man so I have no idea why I got this. It is kind of neat. My kids liked it.
yes, I got it.  I have no idea why I got it and since I don't have kids, I tossed it.

It would just be a cluttery thing around my already cluttered house!

I reactivated my 2nd sub with the 25% off code from those cards we got several months ago. For $7.50, I'm really pleased:

Shea Terra Organics Rose Hips Black Soap Deep Pore Facial Cleanser

COOLA Environmental Repair Plus Radical Recovery After Sun Lotion

R+Co Death Valley Dry Shampoo

Shiseido Ultimune Power Infusing Concentrate

LAQA + Co Charm School lippy

As an aside, I've got one of the 50% off codes leftover. I ended up with two 50% off and one 75% off. They are coded in such a way that you can use one of each per account. If anyone would use the 50% off code, let me know! It will get you a box for $5 (assuming they are still active). I used this one just about a week ago. 

Edited to add: This account has fairly similar preferences to my main account, but I'm 20 years older.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes, I got it.  I have no idea why I got it and since I don't have kids, I tossed it.

It would just be a cluttery thing around my already cluttered house!
Oh I wish you did not toss it. Cardboard Virtual Reality goggles are the new thing Google introduced in their annual meet-up a few months back. It allows you to have a similar experience (for much cheaper) to the very expensive VR machines (like Oculus Rift). Many companies are selling those VR cardboards (starting at $15), you can get more info on it here: https://www.google.com/get/cardboard/

I reactivated my 2nd sub with the 25% off code from those cards we got several months ago. For $7.50, I'm really pleased:

Shea Terra Organics Rose Hips Black Soap Deep Pore Facial Cleanser

COOLA Environmental Repair Plus Radical Recovery After Sun Lotion

R+Co Death Valley Dry Shampoo

Shiseido Ultimune Power Infusing Concentrate

LAQA + Co Charm School lippy

As an aside, I've got one of the 50% off codes leftover. I ended up with two 50% off and one 75% off. They are coded in such a way that you can use one of each per account. If anyone would use the 50% off code, let me know! It will get you a box for $5 (assuming they are still active). I used this one just about a week ago.

Edited to add: This account has fairly similar preferences to my main account, but I'm 20 years older.
I'd love your 50% off code if you still have it.

I just had a very odd experience re: my box and customer service.

My box page shows a box with the Laqa tint, r+co dry shampoo, air repair moisturizer, ikpn primer, and balance me Serum. The box I received has the Laqa tint, r+co dry shampoo, and air repair moisturizer, as well as the beauty protector leave-in and coola after sun lotion, both of which are samples I've received in past boxes. There's no product card, either.

So I emailed CS, got a very nice response saying they're out of my samples so she comped my September box AND gave me 100 points, which I actually thought was overly generous considering it's only 2 samples, but whatever, problem solved.

Then today I get an email with a tracking link saying my replacement had shipped! I'm not complaining by any means, it's awesome for me, but stuff like this has to cost them a ton of money.

My second box has said Birchbox created for a week now. I'm not sure when I should contact CS or even if they can do anything about it.

My second box has said Birchbox created for a week now. I'm not sure when I should contact CS or even if they can do anything about it.
mine was the same way at first, It was created on the 13th and finally was in transit as of the 17th.

My tracking.  What's next?  New Jersey?  Atlanta?  

Screenshot_2015-08-19-17-56-14-1.png

Back