Birchbox August 2015 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my box! It appears to be theone a LOT of people are getting this month. All the samples are a good size, with the exception of the foil packet, which I don't mind just for points' sake.

The dry shampoo smells AMAZING.

IMAG0101.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my box! It appears to be theone a LOT of people are getting this month. All the samples are a good size, with the exception of the foil packet, which I don't mind just for points' sake.

I'm getting this box, and I'm happy with it. I don't mind Kerastase foils since they are so expensive, but I would prefer a non-foil (or the shampoo + conditioner foil set). 

I got my box today! I was shocked because it never comes this early and tracking shows that it will be delivered next week! Just as I was afraid, the Oribe shampoo and conditioner were foil packets, but they put them in as a bonus. The oribe masque sample is tiny and I have long, thick hair, but I'm still excited to try it. I'm a huge fan of Dr. Jart face masks so I was super excited to get that. Everything else is kinda blah. The balm bronzer/blush is literally so tiny it's ridiculous. The st. tropez is a great size, but unfortunately I don't use self-tanners. Some good finds, but overall I'm not thrilled with the box.

Does the apple stuff smell apple-y? I just got a large plastic baby food jar of Davines Momo in a msp so I don't mind a foil packet of shampoo. 

It is a good thing  I do not like supergoop, because they give the tiniest samples EVER.

This month, the name of the product was bigger than the sample size

Supergoop!® Forever Young Hand Cream with Broad Spectrum Sunscreen SPF 40

I love the R+Co dry shampoo and am really happy with balance me serum - it is great for my oily skin and smells like a wonderful spa (lavender-pine-citrus)

My favorite items have to be the plus item I added - the mask sampler.  That is such a great deal that I went back and bought 2 more of those packs. 

Does anyone have any BB promo codes? This month marks one year with BB for me so if anyone has that code it'll work. Mobile20 and takeoff20 are not working for me.
13 month code is 13MONTHS25 but you need to wait for their e-mail to get it activated for your account.

Here's what I got in both my boxes:

Box 1 (Main account):

Air Repair Complexion Boosting Moisturizer

Oribe Shampoo and Conditioner for Beautiful Color

Oribe Masque for Beautiful Color

Dr. Brandt Pores No More Cleanser

Rusk Volumizing Mousse

LAQA & Co. Lip Crayon in Humble Brag

Box 2 (3 month gift subscription):

COOLA SPF 30 Makeup Setting Spray

Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle

Supergoop! Forever Young Hand Cream w/ SPF 40

Harvey Prince - Hello (They sure do love HP)

LAQA & Co. Lip Crayon in Humble Brag

Overall, I'm pretty happy with the selection. I wish I would have at least gotten a different color of the lip crayon though. That pink is just not my color. 

Got my box yesterday! My daughter claimed the box itself, and has her ponies taking turns swimming in the pool :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got the lip shade I was hoping for, but it is quite a bit pinker than I was thinking. Stays for a good long while, though.

Am I the only one who doesn't like the smell of Beauty Protector products? 

Other than that, I'm super excited that I got the Coola spray as well as the Rusk (PYS)--it was so hard to choose between the two. My mom was pretty pleased with her box as well--she got a blow out balm that she said I can have (!), and she's excited that she got a Dr. brandt cleanser, plus the fragrance they sent is one she will wear. She didn't like the lip color, so she's giving it to my daughter (who now has 2 Stila stains and a NYX butter in obscenely pink colors). 

p.s. I tried to add a photo of my haul to the post, but can't figure it out!

Got my box yesterday! My daughter claimed the box itself, and has her ponies taking turns swimming in the pool :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

p.s. I tried to add a photo of my haul to the post, but can't figure it out!
If you do figure it out can you add a photo of the ponies in the pool?  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Has anyone noticed under points that it says you only get 5 points now for each review of your samples? I really hope not! It will take forever to get enough points for anything unless you get a bunch of referrals! I know that this is one of the only reasons some stay subscribed as well, I bet they will lose a bunch of subscribers if it's right!
Also my box has never been this late, I just can't wait to get it! I have two accounts, I always get the curated box on one and the regular on the other. For some reason it shows I'm not getting my pys on either. Their customer service said they fixed it and it was due to a warehouse issue.

I remember back before bb changed their shipping, I wouldn't get my box until the 27th, 28th of the month and that was normal for me. Then the shipping changed and now I get mine around the 15th-17th of each month so anytime it arrives before that, I consider myself extremely lucky because its 'early'. And I hope their points system doesn't change but it still says 10 points per review on my box page.

Has anyone noticed under points that it says you only get 5 points now for each review of your samples? I really hope not! It will take forever to get enough points for anything unless you get a bunch of referrals! I know that this is one of the only reasons some stay subscribed as well, I bet they will lose a bunch of subscribers if it's right!

Also my box has never been this late, I just can't wait to get it! I have two accounts, I always get the curated box on one and the regular on the other. For some reason it shows I'm not getting my pys on either. Their customer service said they fixed it and it was due to a warehouse issue.
I got ten points for each review. 

I got ten points for each review. 
I also got 10 points per review, but the actual "Birchbox Points" page on both of my accounts states what @ said "5 points per review." 

If Birchbox changes their point system by a 50% reduction, I'll be dropping Birchbox Man, my 2nd sub and most likely my main sub after the annual purchase ends. It would also irritate me since my annual subscription purchase was strongly based on the point system value, and that would feel a lot like a bait-and-switch. To me, the boxes are good because of the points back; otherwise it is tiny, tiny samples for way too much money. 

I also got 10 points per review, but the actual "Birchbox Points" page on both of my accounts states what @ said "5 points per review." 

If Birchbox changes their point system by a 50% reduction, I'll be dropping Birchbox Man, my 2nd sub and most likely my main sub after the annual purchase ends. It would also irritate me since my annual subscription purchase was strongly based on the point system value, and that would feel a lot like a bait-and-switch. To me, the boxes are good because of the points back; otherwise it is tiny, tiny samples for way too much money. 
I think it's a typo. The website is full of them. Last month Venezia was described as "bright" while Bella and Beso were classic red and bright pink. 

Back