Birchbox August 2015 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My boxes still won't load. All I see is the July boxes. :angry:
Yeah my upgraded box isn't loading either.  have you tried going to your boxes/all samples and picking the july box and changing the last digit in the web address from 7 to 8, that should show you your box.

I'm STILL showing the same boxes and I can't even email bb because they both have my sample choice in them. It'd just weird that they're completely different profiles. One is the thick haired 34 year old me. The other is the real me, 24, low maintenance, with thin hair.

I finally peeked. (I love how the header say "oh, you peeked" and had a bonus offer on it.) My box is meh. I didn't get an email about box choice or sample selection this month either. The blonde shampoo and conditioner look okay, and so does the dermabrasion stuff, but there's also a perfume sample and more super goop. I am so so so over the gosh darn super goop. I keep given birchbox a chance because I love the point system and I use them to finance my Malit + Goetz detox mask habit, but the boxes are just so meh for me no matter how much I futz with my profile. I really wish they had a "no perfume samples ever" option for those who don't do fragrance. 

Yeah my upgraded box isn't loading either.  have you tried going to your boxes/all samples and picking the july box and changing the last digit in the web address from 7 to 8, that should show you your box.
I did that, I just don't know if my cheat is correct or not. They charged my card and I have a shipping notice so I certainly hope I am getting my box!

The Birchbox Hack are not exactly correct...Till yesterday, it showed up I am getting eyeshadow, Beaver shampoo and Conditioner and 2 more products I do not remember now...

But today when things are officially up...everything is different...I am getting:

LAQA & Co lip charm
Beauty Protector Protect & Oil
Rusk Volumizing Mousse
Coola SPF 30 Orgamic Makeup Setting Spray
Air Repair Complexion Boosting Moisturizer.

Seems I am getting 3 out of their 4 option they gave on Sample Choice for this month...out of which I opted for Coola...

I got my Candidly Nicole box today.  The nail polish shade I got was the one I wanted the most called A Great Opera-tunity.  I'll try everything in the box, the only one I'm not too sure about is the in-shower tanner.  

Now I want to make an order for over $75 to get that House of Harlow necklace offered with a code.  But I'm still debating on what to get. 

The Birchbox Hack are not exactly correct...Till yesterday, it showed up I am getting eyeshadow, Beaver shampoo and Conditioner and 2 more products I do not remember now...

But today when things are officially up...everything is different...I am getting:

LAQA & Co lip charm

Beauty Protector Protect & Oil

Rusk Volumizing Mousse

Coola SPF 30 Orgamic Makeup Setting Spray

Air Repair Complexion Boosting Moisturizer.

Seems I am getting 3 out of their 4 option they gave on Sample Choice for this month...out of which I opted for Coola...
That was my box after the same wrong cheat - very pleased :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Usually the sneak peek is right for me and this month I was hoping that for once it would be wrong. Nope, I really am getting the:

r + Co dry shampoo (almost picked this for my PYS)

the Balm bronzer (traded for this last month)

COOLA setting spray (PYS)

St Tropez In shower lotion (came in the Candidly Nicole box I bought)

air repair moisturizer (not interested in this one bit)

I am so disappointed, I already have 3 of the 5 items and have no interest in the other two. At least the air repair moisturizer has good reviews, I remember I got it in a pick-two before and I gave it away so maybe I'll actually use it this time.

According to my page I'll be getting:

Dr. Jart face mask ( yes!!!)

Rusk mousse (PYS)

St Tropez in shower lotion ( ugh I hate tanning products)

Oribe hair masque ( love hair masks)

Oribe shampoo (hate sample size packets)

Oribe conditioner

The Balm bronzer/blush (ugh)

Boo! I reserved the Coola setting spray and received the confirmation email that day, and then was billed successfully on the 1st as always. Up until yesterday my August box page was showing a box with the Coola, but then it changed to a completely different box that doesn't have the Coola. I sent them a message, but I probably won't have any idea what actually is IN that box until it shows up. 

I finally got the candidly Nicole replacement box for the one I ordered 2 weeks ago and never received.

And of course it had the one polish I didn't want.  When I ordered the box specifically for the polish and the lippie.

EFFFFF. 

Birchbox CS Stephanie just confirmed that the OPI color shown under "Your Box" should actually be the one that is received.

They were unable to send me a replacement (out of stock) but she gave 50 points instead.
Thanks for letting me know - my box shows the lovely red color but I got the pink color instead.

Interesting info. I wonder if Hayley Barna stepped down because she wants to move on to do something else. It did state in the article that she continues to be involved staying on the board as an advisor and a board member.

Hmmm that is interesting. I always get nervous when things happen with the CEO of companies that I like. I always worrys that things won't be the same. I hope the future is bright for birchbox though. They started my obsesssion with subscription boxes. I'm not always thrilled with my boxes, but I've found some great products through birchbox and you just can't beat the points system.

I'm so disappointed in my box this month. It's the first time in a while that I chose the guest editor box and was really excited about all the items in it. Well today I looked at my box page and saw I wasn't getting the candidly Nicole box but instead I'm supposed to be receiving the following items:

LAQA & co cheeky lip

Rusk volumizing mousse

Oribe Masque for beautiful color

Oribe shampoo

Oribe Conditioner

dr. brandt pores no more cleanser

Air Repair Complexion Boosting Moisturize

I'll still most likely end up using these products but you'd think reserving something specific meant you'd actually receive it. I've sent an email but since it seems that box is sold out I guess there isn't much chance that they'll send it.
Actually, it's still showing as available for new subscribers, so they do still seem to have them.

Latest posts

Back