Birchbox August 2015 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anyone is interested in sinking more time on the internet, individual box pages are up and running - you know, the ones where you can access each box combo by changing the very last number or the URL:

https://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox-1/august-2015/august-2015-bb1 

(I've only made it to 5 so far, so not sure how many combos there are total this month)
I'd love box 6, sadly my cheat on both accounts is still showing box 11. It's not a bad box but to receive it on both accounts is ridiculous.

Update to my previous post:

-there are 64 total box combinations (at least so far)

-only about a dozen of those do NOT have the Laqa &Co lip crayon in them

-the beta upgraded boxes start at box 57, and it looks like the full-size items are that Marcelle quad, and then either Eyeko mascara or Mirenesse lip rouge (I don't get the upgraded box, but this might be helpful for those who do)

based on my cheats, it looks like boxes 4 and 53 are headed my way. The boxes have 2 items in common - R+Co dry shampoo (pys on 4) and the Air repair moisturizer. Hey, maybe I'll discover find out I love both of these....I hope?

53 is such a conflict of a box for me. Objectively, the brands are pretty high-end, but 4 out of 5 items are or will be repeats, and the 5th not something I'd use. In addition to the dry shampoo and Air Repair moisturizer, the other items in box 53 are the Coola setting spray (pys - I re-subbed an old account in the final days of July to get this and then ended up getting shipped a late July box with - you guessed it - the Coola setting spray), theBalm desert balm bronzer, which I got in the Beachy and Bright box last month and don't love, and that St. Tropez in-shower tanner, a product whose concept I'm overall suspicious of, and wouldn't use anyway, since I embrace my fish-belly paleness. 

Oh well. The planet will continue to revolve on its axis.  

Interesting! I just got my box yesterday on my non Ace account (why would it ship before my ACE box? Weird) anyway I got box 13, which doesn't have the LAQA or any of the sample choices. I never got a sample choice email so it's not like I chose one I but didn't get it... But still that has never happened on my ace account since they started sample choice. I'm fine with the box though, nothing exciting but I'll use everything, especially the Klorane dry shampoo.

Who all is showing box 11? I really hope at least one of my boxes change. :wacko:
Apparently ever person whose cheat showed the 3 minute peel and whish shaving cream had it change to 11. I am getting it on the account that chose dry shampoo. 

My mom used points to order the Nicole box, and her tracking never updated. She emailed and was told it was "lost in transit" and refunded her points as there are no more available. How can something that wasn't ever shipped be lost in transit? Birchbox customer service perplexes me.

I think Birchbox has grown a little too big for their britches.

Still hoping the cheat showing no dry shampoo is wrong, but just in case I wake up tomorrow and see no dry shampoo I have my email ready.

It makes me sad that it's in boxes as a non pys and going to people who won't even use it!
Agreed, I am getting it in one of my boxes and would have preferred you got it and I got something else!

wait a minute...I clicked on Air Repair, and it's in the men's shop. Why am I getting a men's product??

wait a minute...I clicked on Air Repair, and it's in the men's shop. Why am I getting a men's product??
Idk why it's in men's but it's a moisturizer...that's a pretty unisex thing? This is coming from someone who has claimed her man's Jack black lip Balm which was too thick for him. I can say it is a nice lip balm, no different from my others haha. As long as they aren't sending us beard wax, it's good :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think the cheats ever show you color. It's just a default choice like how ipsy shows the same image for everyone if there are different colors. Sorry you were disappointed :/
Thanks. I know this rule in general but for this specific nail polish set all 4 colors are available in the store individually and some people received the color shown on their cheat page like @@CSCS2 . So, I thought I would get the listed color too.

Box pages loaded and my PYS choice of the Rusk Mousse didn't magically appear.  I sent them an email.  Hopefully they will send it separately.  I really wanted to try it.

Box pages loaded and my PYS choice of the Rusk Mousse didn't magically appear. I sent them an email. Hopefully they will send it separately. I really wanted to try it.
My dry shampoo didn't appear on mine, and I emailed as well. I think Birchbox will be having a busy morning!

my cheat was right from the start, but man i looked at all the box combos last night and the 7 item boxes look nice! i think im due for one lol im getting my boxycharm in 3 days, earlier than my birchbox, which is weird i usually always get boxy really late and birchbox early  

I couldn't wait so I spoiled myself, at least I don't know what shade I will get. I was really hopeful I would get the r&co. Dry shampoo but they sent the rusk mousse instead. I don't use mousse. I don't use hair oils either really but I like the beauty protector scent so maybe I will use it on my ends or experiment with it by mixing it in a spray bottle or something haha. Not excited for the moisturizer. If the LAQA is minty I might not like it. I think I tried one before but I might be thinking of a different one. The Coola was my PYS because it probably has good ingredients. I'm trying to stay away from beauty products with harsh chemicals.

image.jpg

I'm so disappointed in my box this month.  It's the first time in a while that I chose the guest editor box and was really excited about all the items in it.  Well today I looked at my box page and saw I wasn't getting the candidly Nicole box but instead I'm supposed to be receiving the following items:

LAQA & co cheeky lip
Rusk volumizing mousse
Oribe Masque for beautiful color
Oribe shampoo
Oribe Conditioner
dr. brandt pores no more cleanser
Air Repair Complexion Boosting Moisturize

I'll still most likely end up using these products but you'd think reserving something specific meant you'd actually receive it.  I've sent an email but since it seems that box is sold out I guess there isn't much chance that they'll send it.

Latest posts

Back