Birchbox August 2015 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still part of the upgrade so I'm interested in seeing what this month brings. It hasn't been exciting so far. I usually leave the box to chance and I seem to get better choices that way than doing a sample choice. I'm interested in seeing though what the sample choices are.

If anyone is bored waiting for August spoilers I highly recommend reading the reviews of the Stila lipsticks on the BB website. My favorite was the one entitled "Bozo wants his lipstick back."  Personally I cannot wait for my crazy clown lippie. I am wearing it to the office a la Mimi Bobeck. 

I'm antsy for the sample choice reveal. July was not a great month for me, as I just signed up for a second box (three month gift sub) and don't like bright lipstick, so getting two was a bummer. So I've really got my fingers crossed for some good options for August. Some sort of collaboration with Nicole Richie is a good start. I wonder if that has to do with designing the boxes or something else. I really like her taste, and House of Harlow stuff.

I also voted and shared to get the 50 points, so I hope I remember to check that they credited. So weird to delay it, the regular box shares seem to credit immediately. Sigh.

August Sample Choices are out Now! The Guest Editor box has also been revealed and it looks AMAZING!!! St. Tropez!! Whaaaaaat!!!!!

Here is the YouTube to Birchbox Reveal:

https://youtu.be/T-ifm4yyvFY

Inside the Birchbox + Candidly Nicole box (from BirchBox)
dr. brandt® microdermabrasion skin exfoliant
LAQA Cheeky Lip Tints in Humble Brag
Rene Furterer Lissea Leave-In Smoothing Fluid
St. Tropez Gradual Tan In Shower Lotion
OPI Fall/Winter 2015 Venice Collection in one of four shade

I am so excited for the August Box! 

Last edited by a moderator:
I def want the R&Co and the Rusk and I want the Nicole box too.

I want all the polishes though! I wish they hinted at the beta add ons for the upgrade though.

I have a feeling the air repair and coola will make it's way into non-pys boxes this month. I got the coola in one of my July boxes. I"m not sure I get setting sprays though, it feels like you're spraying your face and it's not setting the makeup but just makes it run. It makes my mascara run under my eyes. Clearly I'm not doing it right.

I will either get R+Co or Nicole's box. Since, I already closed my second account and I do not want more boxes, I will have to make a tough decision :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I will go with the Death Valley dry shampoo. Between Ipsy, BB3, Birchbox and an Ulta Sale I have enough lipsticks, shadows, mascaras, liners and cleansers to last the rest of the year. 

Yeah, I would like the mask sampler, but $15 seems likes a lot for 4 foil packets.
they aren't foils - they are actual facial sheet masks, according to the description.  I did get them, as those masks are pretty expensive.  I use facial sheet masks all the time, but they usually aren't the 9.00 variety!

Last edited by a moderator:
I want the dry shampoo and I just might get my first plus item with the mask sampler. The real chemistry mask by itself is worth $25. I'm curious to see how different they are to the cheap sheet masks I got from Vietnam lol.

they aren't foils - they are actual facial sheet masks, according to the description.  I did get them, as those masks are pretty expensive.  I use facial sheet masks all the time, but they usually aren't the 9.00 variety!
I guess I didn't read the decription! That's a better deal then. But I will use points to buy it since it's the same price.

I just had to resubscribe on my 2nd account. I want that Nicole Ritchie box, but I also want the dry shampoo and the cute pool box. Fortunately I was able to use a code for 100 points. And hopefully I'll make myself cancel it again after July.

Back