Birchbox August 2015 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've always wondered if Lorelei and Rachel are ever just pretending that they like a product. They tell us this is "super moisturizing" or "smells amazing" while thinking, "This is greasy and stinky." 
Haha :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I always feel the same when they don't put the product on themselves in the video. 

Out of subject, but Birchbox has an online chat option now. You can find it on the bottom right corner on the help page ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 
I am so happy because I always have better luck with chat rather than e-mail or phone.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn't going to get any upgrades but ended up reserving the water bottle. I'm hoping it will motivate me to drink more water during the day plus it's not plastic which is great.

@Reija  I got some cool items in my lovewithfood box - they are flavor citrus packets

food6.jpg

I purchased mine at the grocery store - you can find them near the powdered drinks are and also where the sugar is sold too

I am using these to make sure I get MORE water in my body.

True Lemon, True Lime, True Orange, and True Grapefruit by True Citrus  OMG ~ thank you True Citrus!  I love these little packets of citrus flavors.   I know that there are the little liquid bottles of concentrated “flavors” that you can purchase in the store, but I like the convenience of using dry packets ~ plus they don’t spill and get everything wet  (that has happened to me)   This is just crystallized real fruit juices, that provides 25% of your RDA of Vitamin C.  Just add in some water and you have a really great tasting citrus drink.   I always have issues drinking enough water, as it can get boring, but these are anything but boring and I will be purchasing full sized boxes of them ~ I still haven’t figured out which flavor I like the best yet!    You can also use them to flavor other drinks ~ the lime is a tasty addition to beer!   True Citrus also has a recipe site so you can get really creative with these flavorings.   

Edit: FOUND IT! 

Inside the Birchbox + Candidly Nicole box

dr. brandt® microdermabrasion skin exfoliant

LAQA Cheeky Lip Tints in Humble Brag

Rene Furterer Lissea Leave-In Smoothing Fluid

St. Tropez Gradual Tan In Shower Lotion

OPI Fall/Winter 2015 Venice Collection—you'll get one of four shades: a dusty peach, a rose-gold, a charcoal, or a deep red.
While the OPI in the curated box is tempting, I'm not too interested in the other items, so I think I'm going to go for the dry shampoo. 

Also: am I alone in being suspicious of self-tanning body wash?  <_<

So I was going to resubscribe, it says the box would ship July 30th. What are the chances that this box will be  July box instead of an August box?  Any thoughts what it'll end up being?

So I was going to resubscribe, it says the box would ship July 30th. What are the chances that this box will be  July box instead of an August box?  Any thoughts what it'll end up being?
I found out that they automatically register shipping date as 10 days from the purchase date when one subscribes/resubscribes. I have had it in the past as 18th or 22nd of the month because I resubscribed on the 8th or 12th (after my box was shipped out), but my actual shipment date was within the next month as usual.

Did you already receive your July box for that account? If not, maybe you can wait until after the PYS period to be safe.

I found out that they automatically register shipping date as 10 days from the purchase date when one subscribes/resubscribes. I have had it in the past as 18th or 22nd of the month because I resubscribed on the 8th or 12th (after my box was shipped out), but my actual shipment date was within the next month as usual.

Did you already receive your July box for that account? If not, maybe you can wait until after the PYS period to be safe.
I did not get a July box on this account, which makes me a little nervous that this will be a July box, but it wouldn't be the end of the world if it is...I wanted to subscribe today to hopefully get PYS for August though. I might have to suck it up and do it.

I did not get a July box on this account, which makes me a little nervous that this will be a July box, but it wouldn't be the end of the world if it is...I wanted to subscribe today to hopefully get PYS for August though. I might have to suck it up and do it.
At least use a good code to get some points out of it ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just checked, BBJETBLUE10 (100 points) and SUBSCRIBENOW50 (50 points) are still active (if you haven't used them on that account before).

I was checking the reviews of R+Co dry shampoo on BB and so many reviewers complained about how ineffective it was as a dry shampoo :/
I think I will pick the Nicole box which has a good value of ~$30 and a fair distribution of body-face-hair-make up-nail products.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, just checked and thats about the time mine hit too! Was starting to worry since the 20th was ysterday. Now I can add on the Nicole  box! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

If anybody wants to re-sub and has already used the points codes, I just got this in an email:

Sign up for a Birchbox subscription and get a free deluxe-sized sample of PARLOR by Jeff Chastain Moisturizing Sea Salt Spray (a customer favorite!) with your first box. Use code PARLORGWS by July 24*

*To qualify for the free deluxe-sized sample of PARLOR by Jeff Chastain Moisturizing Sea Salt Spray, you must sign up for a monthly or yearly women's Birchbox subscription on Birchbox.com. Enter code PARLORGWS during checkout in the Code box. Please note that promo code can only be used one time, and cannot be combined with any other offers. Please note that the PARLOR by Jeff Chastain Moisturizing Sea Salt Spray will not appear in your shopping cart. Offer available through July 24, 2015 11:59 P.M. ET or while supplies last.

My points from the vote/share were posted yesterday (7/21) at 8:42 am.  

****SoClose to 700 points now! 

Back