Birchbox August 2015 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me too! Next month will push me over.   I plan to purchase a lot of amica products!

My points from the vote/share were posted yesterday (7/21) at 8:42 am.  

****SoClose to 700 points now! 
Same here almost at 800. I'm finally getting the huge bottle of Amika dry shampoo and ABH brow gel, and maybe get that Tokyo Milk dark Tainted Love hand cream. I love hand creams but haven't found one that was especially great, my last splurge on the Lollia hand cream in Calm was a bad idea. Anyone have any suggestions on holy grail hand creams?

Same here almost at 800. I'm finally getting the huge bottle of Amika dry shampoo and ABH brow gel, and maybe get that Tokyo Milk dark Tainted Love hand cream. I love hand creams but haven't found one that was especially great, my last splurge on the Lollia hand cream in Calm was a bad idea. Anyone have any suggestions on holy grail hand creams?
Depends on what you're looking for in a hand cream. Of the stuff that Birchbox sells, I really like the Tocca and Juice Beauty. The Tocca (I love the Florence fragrance) is really moisturizing and heavily scented, too scented for me to wear at work (in a hospital), so I keep that at my bedside. I keep the Juice Beauty Green Apple in my purse. It has a light Fruit Loops kind of scent that dissipates quickly, and the lotion absorbs quickly.

I'll add that my favorite cuticle balm is LUSH Lemony Flutter. A little $$, but the tub is huge, and I always split it with a few girlfriends.

*****Sorry this was OT from the August Spoilers!******

Back on track..... I am crossing my fingers that the Nicole box is for sale separately like the curated boxes have been for the last few months. If it is, there go 100 of my saved points!

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends on what you're looking for in a hand cream. Of the stuff that Birchbox sells, I really like the Tocca and Juice Beauty. The Tocca (I love the Florence fragrance) is really moisturizing and heavily scented, too scented for me to wear at work (in a hospital), so I keep that at my bedside. I keep the Juice Beauty Green Apple in my purse. It has a light Fruit Loops kind of scent that dissipates quickly, and the lotion absorbs quickly.

I'll add that my favorite cuticle balm is LUSH Lemony Flutter. A little $$, but the tub is huge, and I always split it wi a few girlfriends.
I definitely need moisture! Thanks for your suggestions I love Tocca's Cleopatra maybe it's time to try Florence! And I'm obsessed with LUSH so I might have to pick up that cuticle balm. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I love Crabtree & Evelyn hand creams. I especially recommend getting those 12 x 25gr hand therapy sampler boxes to get a chance to try different scents, they all smell great and make my hands so soft.

For the colder and drier months I recommend The Body Shop's hemp hand cream. I don't like its scent that much, but it is a really good moisturizer.

I'll second the lemon flutter from lush! I use it as hand cream it's super thick so only a tiny bit it's great on my rough spots.

I like the AHAVA Mineral hand creme.  I have purchased multiple times after receiving a sample.  It has a very light scent and is moisturizing without the slippery feeling.  I have used nothing else since trying it.

You guys are the best I now have a list of hand creams I NEED to buy! I purchased the Crabtree and Evelyn La Source hand cream yesterday :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Now back to Birchbox. Did anyone see that they added the TOM's Traveler sunglasses? I've wanted them since seeing them in the Rachel Zoe box, they're so cute!  B)

Tatcha is my holy grail hand cream.  They also sell it in a travel size which is perfect to try it out and is also refillable once you decide you cannot live without it and purchase the full size.

Ok....I apologize in advance for this rant before my comment, but I swear, I think that Customer Service has lots its dang mind.  I just emailed them because I was having an issue placing an order using an Aces only code.  The system not only wouldn't recognize the code, but wanted to charge me for shipping and the mystery sample pack (even though my order was over $45.  Anyhoo, I take a screen shot and send an email explaining all this.  "Kacie" tells me that she is sorry for the confusion and that I cannot apply points from a promotion towards that purchase.  Then she tells me the code again.  If she looked at the screenshot, she would see all my issues and I don't even know where she got the idea I was applying points. I even said I was using a card!!!  Gah!!  Ok.  Rant over.

You know, I was kinda meh over the PYS this month.  Wasn't overly thrilled by the curated box either.  But there are a lot of new hair care items from Living Proof and Bumble + Bumble I wouldn't  mind getting this month.  

Side note- has anyone heard what was to become of the Eyeko eyeliner sample we were supposed to get a few months back?  Are we going to get it this month?

And for the person looking for a new hand cream- try the Davines hand cream.  I got it in the Lovely Day box.....fantastic!!!

Ok....I apologize in advance for this rant before my comment, but I swear, I think that Customer Service has lots its dang mind. I just emailed them because I was having an issue placing an order using an Aces only code. The system not only wouldn't recognize the code, but wanted to charge me for shipping and the mystery sample pack (even though my order was over $45. Anyhoo, I take a screen shot and send an email explaining all this. "Kacie" tells me that she is sorry for the confusion and that I cannot apply points from a promotion towards that purchase. Then she tells me the code again. If she looked at the screenshot, she would see all my issues and I don't even know where she got the idea I was applying points. I even said I was using a card!!! Gah!! Ok. Rant over.

You know, I was kinda meh over the PYS this month. Wasn't overly thrilled by the curated box either. But there are a lot of new hair care items from Living Proof and Bumble + Bumble I wouldn't mind getting this month.

Side note- has anyone heard what was to become of the Eyeko eyeliner sample we were supposed to get a few months back? Are we going to get it this month?

And for the person looking for a new hand cream- try the Davines hand cream. I got it in the Lovely Day box.....fantastic!!!
I had the same problem with that code and was equally as frustrated. I love everything Davines, so I'll have to pick that one up too!

I just recently tried Farmhouse Fresh hand cream and it's amazing! Very rich but not sticky, smells divine, and actually keeps my hands moisturized for 4-5 hours.

The coola setting spray is nice.  I got it in the popsugar July box.  
Its Supergoop that came in the popsugar july box, which is nice too. I like the Coola one better and if I wasn't already decided on the curated box this month I'd probably pick that for my PYS. 

Do we think they will do what they did last month and sell the curated box as an add-on? Because I will totally buy that one too.

Do we think they will do what they did last month and sell the curated box as an add-on? Because I will totally buy that one too.

I am looking at the page right now and yes, it can be an add on.  The choice selection is not yet live, but if you have last month's email with that link, you can see it.

I never got my pick your sample e-mail.  Did anyone get theirs yet?  I'm an ACE and usually get mine early.  

Back