Birchbox December 2014 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This will be tough.  I'll wait to see what the curated box is, but I'm leaning towards the eyeliner since I dont have anything like it.

The mascara is the only PYS thing that appeals to me, so I'll go with that or the curated box(depending on what's in it).

It's a toss up for me between the liner and the lippie. I honestly don't think I'd wear the liner, but I can imagine that it's SO pretty, so I feel like I need to get it and force myself out of my eyeliner comfort zone LOL

I'd like the eyeliner, the highlighter or the lip stain. I don't like Mirenesse mascaras. I don't think I will pick though- just leave it up to the BB gods. It seems like my boxes are much better when I don't pick.

Ever since I got the silver CR liner I've been digging metallic liners! I bought a gold liquid eyeliner liner that I love, but they don't sell them anymore and I never got the chance to buy the rose gold....

BUT they always seem to have issues with the option that is the most popular, and this liner seems to be the most popular so far (at least here in MUT).

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder what lorelei's polish is! I bet it's a Jinsoon color, but I wish they mentioned it because I've been wanting a cobalt blue polish.
Essie's Butler Please is a nice cobalt polish...my sister turned me on to that color. 

I think I'll do eyeliner on box 1 and either curated or surprise me on box 2.

This is my first month with Birchbox. When do we get to pick our sample? Toward the end of the month?

I am going to select the eyeliner. I love my silver Cynthia Rowley eyeliner so much I was considering buying the CR rose gold liner but if I can get something similar in my box that would be great.

I like all four of the products this month so I may leave my boxes up to chance.  I will most likely end up with at least one of them even without picking something.  I am interested to see the curated box. 

I just sent out an email to Birchbox. I am not a happy camper. Underneath the video on their website, now it says that those of us in Alaska and Hawaii are no longer able to pick a sample choice or do the add on. I was going to choose the rose gold eyeliner on my Aces account. This is complete B.S. I can only wonder what their response will be. I just signed up for a year's sub and have spent plenty of money with this company.
That sucks.   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I wonder if they have problems with sample choices that aren't allowed to be shipped by air?  

liking the lucky stain and with as many mascaras that i have, that mineresse one looks good.  have been eyeing all the w3ll products, specifically the brightener for the last 3 months, but they offer all their makeup samples in the same little jar shown in video at only $1.50 each.  

Ooooh. I'm digging everything except for the mascara (simply because I have enough to last me until next December), and am leaning toward the rose gold liner. I don't own anything like it!

I just sent out an email to Birchbox. I am not a happy camper. Underneath the video on their website, now it says that those of us in Alaska and Hawaii are no longer able to pick a sample choice or do the add on. I was going to choose the rose gold eyeliner on my Aces account. This is complete B.S. I can only wonder what their response will be. I just signed up for a year's sub and have spent plenty of money with this company.
That wouldn't really have anything to do with Birchbox making some random, odd stipulation but I'm sure they are abiding by certain states' regulations.  It does suck but I wouldn't blame BB.

Is the add ons being cheaper than normally offered a newer thing? When they had the Jouer cream shadow as an add-on several months ago, it was at $30, which is the actual price offered on their website.

Back