Birchbox December 2014 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did anyone else get the Make Lipgloss in  Dragon Fruit as a BB Plus in November? Mine was a great color, but it was IMPOSSIBLE to put the wand back in without having the contents of the tube goushe all out of the tube due to the thickness of the gloss and pressure of putting the want back in. Am I alone in this?

That sucks.   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I wonder if they have problems with sample choices that aren't allowed to be shipped by air?  
Well for the past several months, they have not allowed us to pick the curated boxes, which is fine. I receive perfume samples all the time in my boxes, I cannot see why an eyeliner or any of those samples would not be able to be shipped. I was going to choose a necklace as well, they are not allowing that either.  I am still waiting to hear back from them. Hey, I might even try last month's link and see if it goes through on sample choice day.

liking the lucky stain and with as many mascaras that i have, that mineresse one looks good.  have been eyeing all the w3ll products, specifically the brightener for the last 3 months, but they offer all their makeup samples in the same little jar shown in video at only $1.50 each.  
I couldn't find this sample on the site! Do you have a link?

This will be tough.  I'll wait to see what the curated box is, but I'm leaning towards the eyeliner since I dont have anything like it.

I forgot about the curated boxes! I wonder who the partner will be.

liking the lucky stain and with as many mascaras that i have, that mineresse one looks good.  have been eyeing all the w3ll products, specifically the brightener for the last 3 months, but they offer all their makeup samples in the same little jar shown in video at only $1.50 each.
Where do we find that?

I am all over that rose gold eyeliner for one of my boxes! I have nothing else like it in my collection and it will be perfect. I really liked the Starlooks gem eyeliner and the charcoal Pacifica eyeliner that I tried from Ipsy, so I'm sure this one is right up my alley. I'm going to keep my other box as a surprise because that profile has been consistently excellent... I don't want to mess with perfection.  ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm actually liking a few of the choices this month.  I'm going to go with the rose gold eyeliner.  I've been loving all things rose gold lately and don't have any liners in a similar color. Hopefully, the rest of the box will be good!

Where do we find that?
Here a link to a random product, just select sample size and the price is 1.50

Edit: Did I forget to attach the link? Or did I remember to attach it and accidentally commit a MUT crime. Oops if it's the latter... My sincere apologies.

To @@JenTX its on the w3ll people website.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm actually liking a few of the choices this month. I'm going to go with the rose gold eyeliner. I've been loving all things rose gold lately and don't have any liners in a similar color. Hopefully, the rest of the box will be good!
I'm loving the idea of the rose gold liner, but sometimes I wish we had a chance to look at the other types of samples being sent out. Like if there are going to be other amazing makeup products I might not want to guarantee I don't get (For example).

I'm loving the idea of the rose gold liner, but sometimes I wish we had a chance to look at the other types of samples being sent out. Like if there are going to be other amazing makeup products I might not want to guarantee I don't get (For example).
Yes, that would be nice.  One of the reasons I'm hesitant to pick a sample sometimes is because it seems (to me at least) that one particular sample is nice but is in a lot of boxes with otherwise blah samples that I have no interest in.  In which case, I wouldn't have even picked that sample in the first place!  So yup, I completely get what your saying!

I'm going to not do PYS this month, I want to be surprised. I do covet that mint and moonstone necklace, but it isn't in my budget. I'm only buying gifts for others.

Torn! I love the idea of the rose gold liner... but I don't like the way it looks on her at all... but her skin tone is darker than mine... to pick, or not to pick?

That wouldn't really have anything to do with Birchbox making some random, odd stipulation but I'm sure they are abiding by certain states' regulations.  It does suck but I wouldn't blame BB.
All I am saying is that if I can receive every other product under the sun in my BB, including on my secondary account a dry shampoo this month, that is def. aerosol, then why not these sample choices? Still waiting for a reply. The longest I have ever waited for one actually during the business week. So yes.. at least to me, it does seem random.

I don't know what to do. I'm indecisive in general, so this whole sample choice thing kills me- it makes me feel like it's my fault when my box sucks! It's just so hard to choose, especially when sometimes the boxes for one particular pys seem to be better (like Cuppa Cuppa in November.)

This month reminds me of October - I'd be happy to get 3 out of the 4 choices. In October, I left it up to chance since I figured odds were on my side. Um, no. I got the eyeliner, of course, and nothing else I liked. So I'm afraid to leave it up chance this month, but choosing limits your box options.

I am always afraid to leave it to chance, too! Last month I picked the apple peel on one account and hair mask on the other and also ended up getting the other two samples in my boxes! I was thrilled! This month I want the eyeliner, but I am on overload with the other 3 products. So, I may chance it!

Back