Birchbox December 2014 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know what to do. I'm indecisive in general, so this whole sample choice thing kills me- it makes me feel like it's my fault when my box sucks! It's just so hard to choose, especially when sometimes the boxes for one particular pys seem to be better (like Cuppa Cuppa in November.)

This month reminds me of October - I'd be happy to get 3 out of the 4 choices. In October, I left it up to chance since I figured odds were on my side. Um, no. I got the eyeliner, of course, and nothing else I liked. So I'm afraid to leave it up chance this month, but choosing limits your box options.
I have a theory that started in October when I opted to skip PYS. The stuff I got was ok, but the boxes with the model co and mally pens were by far the best. November I deliberately chose the snooty tooty sample (here the cuppa) and I got box 35, which except for the G & S was a great box. It came with the amika, a cute lipstain and marylou manizer. I think December's snooty sample will be the rose gold eyeliner or the lip stain (since they seem to be large samples). I will avoid the coverstick because the value is low, it's small sized. It will probably pop up in the bummer boxes, like the glittery eye liner in October and this month's No Soap.  I also predict that the mascara will be in all the double PYS boxes, much to everyone's chagrin.

I got that mascara in last month's box and really like it! Almost enough to make me pick it again!

I didn't flake, even when I forgot to wash my face before bed...I didn't wake up with raccoon eyes at all. It washed right off with warm water, which was great :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'd be okay with getting that as a second option in my box, even though I've received it before. It is now my go-to mascara for days I have to work. I work long hours in a pretty emotionally and physically draining job, so anything that still looks fresh 12 hours later is a huge win for me!

I do like the idea of the rose gold eyeliner and may end up choosing that one though, but I worry about glittery fallout with that one.

I second @@rwikene, that mascara is fantastic! I'm super picky with my mascara because I hate the raccoon eye look and have sensitive eyes but that stuff looks nice, stays in place, and comes off when I wash my face with out a problem. I might get it again just so I don't have to shell out the $28 for a full size when my first sample runs out.

I don't know what to do. I'm indecisive in general, so this whole sample choice thing kills me- it makes me feel like it's my fault when my box sucks! It's just so hard to choose, especially when sometimes the boxes for one particular pys seem to be better (like Cuppa Cuppa in November.)

This month reminds me of October - I'd be happy to get 3 out of the 4 choices. In October, I left it up to chance since I figured odds were on my side. Um, no. I got the eyeliner, of course, and nothing else I liked. So I'm afraid to leave it up chance this month, but choosing limits your box options.
I feel the same way about PYS. Since they starting doing it every month I feel like my box would have been better is chose a sampe/didn't choose a sample/chose a different sample ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  

I have a theory that started in October when I opted to skip PYS. The stuff I got was ok, but the boxes with the model co and mally pens were by far the best. November I deliberately chose the snooty tooty sample (here the cuppa) and I got box 35, which except for the G & S was a great box. It came with the amika, a cute lipstain and marylou manizer. I think December's snooty sample will be the rose gold eyeliner or the lip stain (since they seem to be large samples). I will avoid the coverstick because the value is low, it's small sized. It will probably pop up in the bummer boxes, like the glittery eye liner in October and this month's No Soap.  I also predict that the mascara will be in all the double PYS boxes, much to everyone's chagrin.
I chose Cuppa Cuppa for November, and got random box with Cuppa Cuppa on the side. Go figure. 

Yay thank you! The same page yesterday didn't have the sample ... maybe it was briefly out of stock.
Glad to know I'm not the only one who couldn't find that sample yesterday.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I noticed at the bottom of the spoiler vid they are running a special. Invite a friend and you both get 50 points if they sign up before a certain time. I want to refer myself to start a second sub using the BBRED100 code on the new sub. Theoretically main account will get 50 points and early sample choice and the sub will get 150 points (plus another 50 when I review everything.)  Is there a way to do this without getting a November box immediately sent on the second sub? 

Here a link to a random product, just select sample size and the price is 1.50

Edit: Did I forget to attach the link? Or did I remember to attach it and accidentally commit a MUT crime. Oops if it's the latter... My sincere apologies.

To @@JenTX its on the w3ll people website.
OMG Mut crime has me cracking up over here!!! :sdrop:

I have a theory that started in October when I opted to skip PYS. The stuff I got was ok, but the boxes with the model co and mally pens were by far the best. November I deliberately chose the snooty tooty sample (here the cuppa) and I got box 35, which except for the G & S was a great box. It came with the amika, a cute lipstain and marylou manizer. I think December's snooty sample will be the rose gold eyeliner or the lip stain (since they seem to be large samples). I will avoid the coverstick because the value is low, it's small sized. It will probably pop up in the bummer boxes, like the glittery eye liner in October and this month's No Soap. I also predict that the mascara will be in all the double PYS boxes, much to everyone's chagrin.
Makes sense to me. I like the way you think.

They swatched the eyeliner on instagram and it actually looks like it's be lovely on lighter skin. Def picking that now.
Good to know.  I'm leaning towards that one for my Aces account.  Still trying to decide between the lippie and the mascara for my other account (or maybe I'll be taking what's left on Day 2...).

i've only actually picked my sample once since it became a thing. i've been really really happy with my "random" boxes. i love the idea of a rose gold eyeliner though so i'm torn.

I think I'm going to leave it up to chance this month.

Has anyone else noticed the pattern though? All make-up choices one month, all skincare/haircare choices the next...always alternating. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think I'm gonna do the lippie on my account, mascara for my Mom on the 2nd account, and leave my 3rd to the BB roulette wheel..... pretty much what I've done since they started PYS. Staying far away from the eyeliner after this month's Cuppa Cuppa disaster!

Finally got all 3 accounts fixed from my November mess. My boxes are all messed up and random. I'm getting my 2 Cuppa Cuppa samples separately. 2 of my boxes are going to contain dups from other boxes this year. Even on the same account! But I'm ok with that because they added enough points to make each box free for November and I'm going to get a special delivery of mystery sample pick 2s. The CS was really great and basically asked what would make me happy. Why, points and some free samples of course!!!!!

Dang auto correct. Sorry ladies.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going for the rose gold eyeliner! (if I can get it before it runs out, it seems to be the popular choice this month!)  I lucked out last month with the Cuppa Cuppa and a 7-item box, so I'm not expecting any miracles.  Especially because my December boxes always kinda suck.  

Back