Birchbox December 2014 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have one to! i am newer to this site though, it expires jan 14th, i didnt even know there was pm on here haha but yea i have one if you want it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I received an e-mail from Gap this morning for $10 off in store only expires on 01/14/2015. If you still need one PM me and I'll send it to you.

I have one as well. Just pm me if you need it.

thank you guys so much but I just got an email from Gap a few min ago  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> If you won't be using yours I will still gladly take them, it's up to you

Damn I still haven't gotten my code. I'm going to email BB if it doesn't go through this time. )< That's the reason I resubscribed.

--also, I am interested in your $10 codes! I appreciate donations (it's my birthday in two days!!) but for a more even exchange, I have ONE 20% off everything coupon to ULTA I am happy to trade for a $10 code to Gap ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Message me!

I used my codes yesterday and the cashier said that people have been bringing them and and they don't work. I then told her they resent working codes to the actual Birchbox subscribers and she was surprised it worked. I got 4 tshirt of various styles for less then $18! I love shopping at the Gap!

I used my codes yesterday and the cashier said that people have been bringing them and and they don't work. I then told her they resent working codes to the actual Birchbox subscribers and she was surprised it worked. I got 4 tshirt of various styles for less then $18! I love shopping at the Gap!
Yesterday I tried using mine that I got about 2 days ago and they wouldn't let me use it since they had a storewide 50% off promo and it couldn't be overridden or combined with the Gap+BB coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday I tried using mine that I got about 2 days ago and they wouldn't let me use it since they had a storewide 50% off promo and it couldn't be overridden or combined with the Gap+BB coupon
I gave mine away so I can't say whether they work or not.  There is a GAP within 10-15 miles of where I live, but it would involve driving into Atlanta, which is something I don't really feel like doing.  (I live in a suburb.  Traffic is terrible.  I don't want to drive an hour round trip just to spend $10.)

What they need to do next time is to put gift cards that can be used online OR in store, in the boxes.  They need to make them good until the end of the next month or something (since there are people who still haven't gotten their boxes).  Then only Birchbox subscribers will get them, people who don't live near stores can use them too, etc. 

I never received instructions on how to get a code so, I just followed the link provide here.  Even so, it ever came.  I just tried again and entered my email address for a second time.  I need it like a need a hole in the head.  But, of course, something will come up and I will find myself shopping at the gap.

I was concerned my code wouldn't work due to some other sale, so I am just waiting until after Christmas to drive to the store. The new codes don't expire until January. 

I LOVE THEM! <3 <3 <3

I use them or organize my nail polishes, my unused samples, samples I'll never use, and to store my clip in hair extensions!
I just got the plain box with a printed sleeve.  Feel a bit left out...  I LOVE pretty boxes!

If anyone is interested in the Royal Apothic Cuppa Cuppa mask and has an Anthropologie nearby should check them out as mine had the single tubes in the clearance section and there's an extra 25% off clearance now.  It ends up being 6.00/tube which is still expensive but cheaper than Birchbox right now.  

They also have the lip balms and scrubs which are in the same type of metal tube.  I bought the lip scrub because I hate anything that comes in jars and I'm liking it so far.

I put in my email for the gap gift cert and well - nothing happens.  Is it supposed to email a gift cert to me or is it supposed to take me to a page where I can download/print it? 

Still waiting on my GAP code. It's not like I need it, or will even use it, but if you're going to offer a promotion, you should probably honor it and not play the blame game. Don't companies realize that if you're going to do a promo, you should probably try to prevent non subscribers from taking advantage of it unfairly? It's the internet, dishonest people are going to take advantage of this if you don't lock it down. GAP sent me a canned email, I responded back very bluntly in the fact that they clearly did not read my email and didn't answer what I was asking for. If they fail at this email thing again, I'm gonna nicely yell at birchbox. 

I got a code for one of the account when the Gap thing first happened, does that mean that that code is invalid?  I submitted my email address again but haven't gotten another code yet. 

Also, for all you NYers- I stopped by Birchbox Soho today for a BYOB because the sample selection sounded amazing this month only to be disappointed that the larger value items were all gone (nail polishes, Macadamia healing spray, Dr Brandt Dermabrasion) and replaced with lower value ones.  It seems that they run out of certain things by the end of the month so it's best to stop by at the beginning, when they first change up their samples

Still waiting on my GAP code. It's not like I need it, or will even use it, but if you're going to offer a promotion, you should probably honor it and not play the blame game. Don't companies realize that if you're going to do a promo, you should probably try to prevent non subscribers from taking advantage of it unfairly? It's the internet, dishonest people are going to take advantage of this if you don't lock it down. GAP sent me a canned email, I responded back very bluntly in the fact that they clearly did not read my email and didn't answer what I was asking for. If they fail at this email thing again, I'm gonna nicely yell at birchbox.
That sucks, I can give you mine. I though I might use it, but I realistically do not see my self going a mall specifically for $10 at a Gap. Thought, I do feel like this is a Gap issue and not really a reflection on Birchbox at all.

Ugh, I think I'm about to make my first review where I haven't tried something that I actually *wanted* to try because I LOST IT PRETTY MUCH AS SOON AS I OPENED THE BOX.  I've looked for it, but I just can't find it anywhere!  It's okay, though, because it's one of the Ojon oils, and I *hated* the other one I received, so I was actually kind of dreading trying this one.  I have a theory about those particular oils:  They're layered with three different oils.  There's a layer in there that solidifies in the cold, and once it gets cold, it will never mix with the other two layers properly again, and this box arrived during a cold snap, so the oil arrived with a partially-solidified layer.

(And, ugh, I shouldn't have mentioned that cold snap because my phone just spit out a weather advisory in the middle of composing this post informing me that *this* week is going to be the coldest of the season, although, uh, the season started less than a week ago, and it's been pretty danged warm since winter officially started, so whatever.  Highs in the low 30s.  Wind like whoa.  I'm just glad we already received the go-ahead to wear jeans this week because my usual work pants are *cold* in the wind even with tights underneath them!)

ETA:  Whoops, got distracted by the weather alert!  So.  I think I only posted about this in the January thread, but I'll post here because it turns out to be relevant for December:  I gave my sister-in-law a six-month sub for Christmas (OH DUH, *six* months means it is *longer than three months*!  I kept thinking that it was only three, so she would only be getting two non-welcome boxes, and I don't think two months is long enough to get a good feel for Birchbox.  But I completely forgot that I actually got her *six* months until I was in the middle of posting this!  Yay!), and I received a notice that her first box shipped today, so I guess she'll be getting it in, like, three weeks since it's shipping via Newgistics.  I'll have to remember to send her a message about how to review the first box for points if she doesn't receive it in time to do it before her second box ships.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back