Birchbox December 2014 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered 2 subscriptions with the $20 in points back on the gift subscription code, One Classic Style Welcome Box, and one Trendsetter. These are what the "trick" to see my box shows, I don't know if it's accurate or not. https://www.birchbox.com/me/boxes/women/2014/12

Classic -

Harvey Prince Ageless Perfume

Dr Lipp Nipple Balm

Gilchrist & Soames Body Wash

Lord & Berry Magic Brow Pencil

Camille Beckman Body Butter - Tuscan Honey
In the account that I thought (and should have been) the classic, they sent the "customer favorites." I know I specifically didn't pick that one because someone had already received it and said it was no good (very correct). I love the Trendsetter Box though! And I'm happy mine came in the pretty December boxes!

Last edited by a moderator:
I sent my mom the favorites gift box. She just reveived:

The balm stainiac

Harvey prince ageless perfume

No. 4 leave in conditioner

G&S spa therapy shower gel

Real chemistry peel

Same! Too bad it's a total snooze fest...
Thanks ladies! I loved the November and December BBMan boxes. Had great gifts for Christmas gifts (earbuds and the flask) even though I didn't get to do PYS. When finally I could for January, I missed the window and was left with only the shoe kit so I cancelled for now. I hope the trick will work for the women's box in January. It's sure to be short lived.

Whomp, whomp. Still haven't received my box despite getting a shipping email on the 6th.We'll see what response I get from CS.

hmm.

I just got an e-mail in regards to why my box hasn't shipped yet and why my December box hasn't loaded on the website.

They basically said that because I cancel and resubscribe with a code every month, I'm making it so my box will load later and ship later.

Which is kind of BS. I cancel/resubscribe on both my own account and my mother's. My mother's always loads on the 10th, always ships before then and arrives to her weeks before mine.

Furthermore, This late shipping/ not loading samples on the 10th of the month issue has been happening with my box LONG before I started using 100 point codes. 

I know this is just a way for them to explain away the issues I'm having, but it kind of rubbed me the wrong way that she basically was like "oh yea it's your fault for cancelling and resubscribing" when it's clearly not the issue at all.  <_<

hmm.

I just got an e-mail in regards to why my box hasn't shipped yet and why my December box hasn't loaded on the website.

They basically said that because I cancel and resubscribe with a code every month, I'm making it so my box will load later and ship later.

Which is kind of BS. I cancel/resubscribe on both my own account and my mother's. My mother's always loads on the 10th, always ships before then and arrives to her weeks before mine.

Furthermore, This late shipping/ not loading samples on the 10th of the month issue has been happening with my box LONG before I started using 100 point codes. 

I know this is just a way for them to explain away the issues I'm having, but it kind of rubbed me the wrong way that she basically was like "oh yea it's your fault for cancelling and resubscribing" when it's clearly not the issue at all.  <_<
I know you are all going to hate me for this but they should just put an end to those promo's. I know other boxes only give you perks if you are a first time customer so they should just restrict it that way and be done with it. Clearly they are headed in that direction so it's really crappy of them to pull that out as an excuse for what is a problem on their end not yours/ours.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know you are all going to hate me for this but they should just put an end to those promo's. I know other boxes only give you perks if you are a first time customer so they should just restrict it that way and be done with it. Clearly they are headed in that direction so it's really crappy of them to pull that out as an excuse for what is a problem on their end not yours/ours.
I definitely don't hate you for saying it- I've always been surprised they've allowed it in the first place. However, like you said, it still bothers me that they used that as an excuse as to why there are issues with my account, when I do the same thing on my mother's account and her's ships right on time, and her box populates on the 10th every month like it should.

I don't want to start nit-picking with the CS rep about it, but ALL I'm asking for is that my box populates on the website on time so I can see what I'm getting. Even if I canceled and resubscribed every month (with a code or without) As long as it's far enough in advance, I should be able to see my samples each month on the website before the flipping 18th of the month. The last time I contacted them about this issue (before I even started using codes) they brushed me off, yet completely differently, and said "oh sorry about that, we manually updated it so you can see your current box. thanks!" and then it continued to happen every month after that. I don't want to have to email them every single month about it, so I've just learned to be patient and wait for it to load. Since it didn't load this month, I thought something may have gone wrong...but apparently not? Who knows.

I definitely don't hate you for saying it- I've always been surprised they've allowed it in the first place. However, like you said, it still bothers me that they used that as an excuse as to why there are issues with my account, when I do the same thing on my mother's account and her's ships right on time, and her box populates on the 10th every month like it should.

I don't want to start nit-picking with the CS rep about it, but ALL I'm asking for is that my box populates on the website on time so I can see what I'm getting. Even if I canceled and resubscribed every month (with a code or without) As long as it's far enough in advance, I should be able to see my samples each month on the website before the flipping 18th of the month. The last time I contacted them about this issue (before I even started using codes) they brushed me off, yet completely differently, and said "oh sorry about that, we manually updated it so you can see your current box. thanks!" and then it continued to happen every month after that. I don't want to have to email them every single month about it, so I've just learned to be patient and wait for it to load. Since it didn't load this month, I thought something may have gone wrong...but apparently not? Who knows.
Sounds like your account just has a glitch. I would bank it has nothing to do with canceling and resubscribeing and more about a random fluke that happened when you created your account. Probably nothing CS can do about fixing it, unfortunately, but if they figure that out they probably wouldn't want to tell you that and will just blame it on something like canceling every month.

Sounds like your account just has a glitch. I would bank it has nothing to do with canceling and resubscribeing and more about a random fluke that happened when you created your account. Probably nothing CS can do about fixing it, unfortunately, but if they figure that out they probably wouldn't want to tell you that and will just blame it on something like canceling every month.
haha see, I would have appreciated that kind of a response so much more! Like "uhh we have no idea why it does that but if you shoot us an e-mail when it does, we will manually fix it so you can see your box contents!" or something to that effect instead of "tsktsk your fault for canceling each month."

They basically said that because I cancel and resubscribe with a code every month, I'm making it so my box will load later and ship later. Which is kind of BS. I cancel/resubscribe on both my own account and my mother's. My mother's always loads on the 10th, always ships before then and arrives to her weeks before mine.
I've been canceling and resubscribing, too, and I never had this problem.  My main box came a few days after my secondary box this month, but we're talking like maybe the 12th versus the 9th or something.  Both my boxes loaded on the 10th as expected.

I've been canceling and resubscribing, too, and I never had this problem.  My main box came a few days after my secondary box this month, but we're talking like maybe the 12th versus the 9th or something.  Both my boxes loaded on the 10th as expected.
Exactly. My mom's account has canceled/resubbed every month and her's is always on time and working fine as well.

It's not that big of a deal to me, I was just hoping they'd have an explanation because this month in particular I was concerned since I still don't have a shipping notification. I've never had to wait this late to see my box contents or get a clicky truck, so it was different this month than prior ones.

I think I'm just used to birchbox being super helpful and understanding, so when I got that kind of finger-pointing response I couldn't help but be irritated lol

I bet CS will do away with your ability to sub and resub every month and get those points. I think they've caught on. I haven't done this as, to me, it seems like such a hassle and I worry about "glitches". I just hope they keep the % off codes acomin'- those and the points from reviews and for orders are what keeps me with birchbox.

I'm not sure what is going on but it seems that Birchbox's customer service has gotten a bit wrist slappy lately (the responses to the boxes not loading and to the people who didn't get their PYS). I hope this isn't a trend...

I got a new GAP code today on one e-mail address.

Thing is, I already got GAP codes for both of my accounts.  This is different from either of those.  Oh well.

Latest posts

Back