Birchbox December 2014 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to confess that I'm a little bit in love with the box itself. Blue with silver sparkly bits? YES YES YES. I kind of want to resub on my secondary account just to get another box (I use them to store my indie subs by the month, and I would love to have two so one could be for my December goodies, and the other could be for January stuff).
I know, right? I seriously considered resubbing on my second account just for the box myself.

I agree, the box is super pretty. It matches my tree theme this year- silver and dark blue.

Last edited by a moderator:
I never understood why people said one of the best thing about Birchbox was the box it came in until I actually subscribed. But yeah, I'm totally going to reuse my box by wrapping it nicely for a gift box. 

I never understood why people said one of the best thing about Birchbox was the box it came in until I actually subscribed. But yeah, I'm totally going to reuse my box by wrapping it nicely for a gift box.
I LOVE THEM! <3 <3 <3

I use them or organize my nail polishes, my unused samples, samples I'll never use, and to store my clip in hair extensions!

Just keep in mind to not shoot the messenger. Those feedback ratings likely affect the CS rep's wages or bonuses, and they have a limited amount of leeway to handle problems -- basically, whatever memo came down on high saying that we're not sending out this sample/not giving sorry points/etc., they are required to follow. If the messages they are getting are inconsistent, they still have to follow them.

I would recommend sending a letter directly to Birchbox corporate instead, lest someone well-meaning rep doesn't get a Christmas bonus for issues they had no control over.  

ETA: As someone whose quality feedback (from both the company and clients) is tied to my bonuses and earnings, it makes me really angry when I get my pay retroactively docked because a client is fishing for a refund by pretending to be outraged or lose a bonus because one of the workers who reviews my jobs has been consistently giving me low scores after I gently pointed out a rather egregious error she made a few months back.
Sorry I'm not sorry, but if I ask a rep three times how to tweak my profile to get a better box and they ignore my request and they send me a link about a welcome to birchbox video when my account shows I've been a member since January 2012, they're getting a bad rating. Still waiting on a response from Saturday. I know they help out with profiles (example: someone gave an example of how to get more curly hair items in the box).

If I have a concern about getting repeat pick twos and they copy and paste the description of the pick two from their store website and email it back to me, I'm marking it as unsatisfied.

If I told them I'm double billed for a box (I paid for my birchbox man on the 12th and they are trying to bill me again on the 15th), and they want me to send them another $20 so they can get rid of the billing error on my account, then I'm going to be unsatisfied because that makes no damn sense at all.

Getting my box today.  It only shipped...on the 5th.  Without my rose gold eyeliner.  Happy birthday to me. Grumpgrump.  

ugh.. got email from BB that today on ALL orders there is free shipping and special packaging for mystery packs when you spend the 35 bucks. kinda bummed on the free shipping i placed an order about 8 or 9 days ago, man i wish they would warn us sometimes lol

ugh.. got email from BB that today on ALL orders there is free shipping and special packaging for mystery packs when you spend the 35 bucks. kinda bummed on the free shipping i placed an order about 8 or 9 days ago, man i wish they would warn us sometimes lol
THAT should be an Ace's perk. Give us a heads up e-mail, on the 1st of the month, listing any specials that will run that month and on what day it's being offered. 

Anyone else having a problem viewing their box?  I clicked on the "My Box" link and get a mostly blank page.  When I go back, the "My Box" tab isn't even there anymore.

Just wanted to get my reviews done before Christmas so I don't forget.  Thanks!

I had to clear out my cookies and then it worked again.

I ordered 2 subscriptions with the $20 in points back on the gift subscription code, One Classic Style Welcome Box, and one Trendsetter. These are what the "trick" to see my box shows, I don't know if it's accurate or not. https://www.birchbox.com/me/boxes/women/2014/12

Classic -

Harvey Prince Ageless Perfume

Dr Lipp Nipple Balm

Gilchrist & Soames Body Wash

Lord & Berry Magic Brow Pencil

Camille Beckman Body Butter - Tuscan Honey

Trendsetter -

TheBalm Stainiac

Vasanti BrightenUp

Whish Shave Cream

Sumita Eyeshadow Pencil

Catherine Malandrino Style de Paris Perfume

Like the trendsetter, blah on the Classic.
I just ordered a gift subscription for myself but with a February start date.

Do you they change up the welcome boxes much?  I picked Classic but may need to email them to change that option because it is kind of boring to me.

Thanks.

Trendsetter -TheBalm Stainiac

Vasanti BrightenUp

Whish Shave Cream

Sumita Eyeshadow Pencil

Catherine Malandrino Style de Paris Perfume
This is what I got today, too.

Have a lifetime supply of the Vasanti BrightenUp by now from pick2s and my regular subscriptions.  Have several vials of that perfume, as well.  (I like it a lot more than Folle de Joie, so that's good.)  The others will get used eventually.  Of the three choies, this one seems to fit me best, so I'm happy it's the one I picked.

I was putting my Dec 14 box into my indie sub shelf, and I realized that I have a couple of the pink-striped ones from, uh, last year (maybe the year before), so that's now my Dec 14 indie sub box, and this month's box will be my January indie box! I hadn't really noticed the fact that they do special boxes for December until today.

(Also, my box was addressed to The Charming. Uh, not this week, but thanks, I guess.)

I was putting my Dec 14 box into my indie sub shelf, and I realized that I have a couple of the pink-striped ones from, uh, last year (maybe the year before), so that's now my Dec 14 indie sub box, and this month's box will be my January indie box! I hadn't really noticed the fact that they do special boxes for December until today.

(Also, my box was addressed to The Charming. Uh, not this week, but thanks, I guess.)
The one with the pink stripes is from December 2012. I was like wtf when they didn't have a special box for December 2013.

The one with the pink stripes is from December 2012. I was like wtf when they didn't have a special box for December 2013.
When was the one that had Sparkle and Shine on the top, possibly with a gold-striped interior? I remember being super bummed when I got that box because it had a candle that made me want to barf, so I couldn't use it or the lip pencil that also came in the box.

When was the one that had Sparkle and Shine on the top, possibly with a gold-striped interior? I remember being super bummed when I got that box because it had a candle that made me want to barf, so I couldn't use it or the lip pencil that also came in the box.
Now that you mention it.... Is that the one where the outside wrapper box was gold? I found the wrapper, but not the Birchbox box itself. I do recall gold stripes on the inside, but I thought that was from November 2013. I'm probably confused.

Sparkle and Shine was 2013's December box and the inside of the lid is white with gold stripes. 2012's December box has the old Birchbox logo - back before the B in a square was rotated to a diamond - in the bottom left corner with lines of alternating red and gold covering the lid. Inside the box is no pattern just the old brown cardboard. 2012 was also the year we got a men's cologne sample probably to prepare for the launch of the men's box.

I think my box was addressed to The Cheerful or The Cheery or something like that. It definitely lifted my mood to see that!

I got the Mirenesse mascara, Whish shave cream, Cynthia Rowley in Sugar (not the most flattering shade on me), Vasanti exfoliating cleanser, and that Beauty Protector oil (which is probably going to last me forever).

Latest posts

Back