Birchbox February 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty pumped, with the 20% off deal plus my 900 points I got a new Clarisonic brush head, the Dr Jart+ premium BB cream, a new Eyeko liner, a tweezerman travel nail kit, and the Shea Terra Bananas & Baobabs shea butter for $4.00. Heck yes :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by murflegirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Pretty pumped, with the 20% off deal plus my 900 points I got a new Clarisonic brush head, the Dr Jart+ premium BB cream, a new Eyeko liner, a tweezerman travel nail kit, and the Shea Terra Bananas & Baobabs shea butter for $4.00. Heck yes :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Wow! That's quite a haul!!

I'm trying to save up my points too. So far I'm just under 600. I haven't decided what to spend them on yet :)

Originally Posted by AngeBrooklyn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you cut the tube off anywhere in the middle (just not at the very top), you can fit the top half over the bottom.  Since the top and bottom overlap, the contents inside don't dry out. 
I was just wondering if that would work, good to know -- thanks!

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

There's actually a deal to get a full-size tube of Missha free if you're a first-time buyer from their site.  We made a thread of it (we were taking over the Ipsy Feb thread with all of the enabling ) with details on how to get it (you have to order one other item and pay the $9 shipping fee, but a lot of us just got a $2 clearance eyeshadow, so approx $11 for an eyeshadow and full-size BB cream... pretty awesome!)  They only send it in one color though (#21, I believe) which is for fair skin.  I have used it several times over the past month and I'm blown away by how amazingly it deals with my combination skin.  For people with dry skin (like Miss Jamie P) it doesn't work so well, but as long as I put moisturizer on my cheeks before applying, it lasts all day and totally controls my oily t-zone!  (Sorry, I may sound like an infomercial, but I'm so in love with this stuff!)

https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/132731/missha-fans
OMG thank you very much!  that's so cool!  i'm checking out now!

Originally Posted by AngeBrooklyn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you cut the tube off anywhere in the middle (just not at the very top), you can fit the top half over the bottom.  Since the top and bottom overlap, the contents inside don't dry out. 
oh, great!  i never thought of that!  thank you! :]

Okay after reading the reviews I had to go ahead and order the Protect & Detangle. Now I'll probably get it in a box  :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I also went ahead and got the Lulu Organics Lavender + Clary Sage hair powder. I love that scent. So much for saving up my points but this was a great deal with the code and free shipping.

I just snagged a bottle of the hair protect spray as well, plus that new gorgeous light blue Deborah Lippmann polish -- and I paid *actual money*! I have the points, but I also have the money right now (yay, annual bonus!), so I'll hang on to the points until I am broke, bummed, and in need of new toys.

Yay my friend got her gift sub and it looked pretty awesome!  Vastanti, Detangler/Leave in Conditioner, Couture Lala, Ghiradelli and Hot Mama blush!  I am glad they have stepped up their welcome box game!  Or maybe knowing her she is just lucky!  Bring on March! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yay my friend got her gift sub and it looked pretty awesome!  Vastanti, Detangler/Leave in Conditioner, Couture Lala, Ghiradelli and Hot Mama blush!  I am glad they have stepped up their welcome box game!  Or maybe knowing her she is just lucky!  Bring on March! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I gifted myself a second sub and was thrilled that was my welcome box too. What a relief that nothing made me cringe..

My Vasanti was maybe only 1/3 full.. I emailed a picture to them and they are mailing out another tube. She said that air is usually in there so the tube wont explode. That made me laugh, i know my sample sizes and that there is a bit of air in them but there is no way that 1/3 a tube = .7oz of product. lol. She also nicely said something along the lines of 'and if this new one is only partially filled then at least when combined, you will have enough product.' I really like the Vasanti, I hope this one is filled more although I am guessing it won't be. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I gifted myself a 2nd box and got the same things. The Vasanti is wonderful stuff. I have already raved about the Beauty Protector so I won't bore you with those details. Can't wait till next month!

My Vasanti was maybe only 1/3 full.. I emailed a picture to them and they are mailing out another tube. She said that air is usually in there so the tube wont explode. That made me laugh, i know my sample sizes and that there is a bit of air in them but there is no way that 1/3 a tube = .7oz of product. lol. She also nicely said something along the lines of 'and if this new one is only partially filled then at least when combined, you will have enough product.' I really like the Vasanti, I hope this one is filled more although I am guessing it won't be. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Well that was a very sassy and smartalecky thing for her to say....yeesh

Weird! I know that the vasanti at the correct weight DOES have quite a bit of air in it (I weighed mine when it first came out), but I have two samples and both were probably 2/3 full AT least for .7 oz

Weird! I know that the vasanti at the correct weight DOES have quite a bit of air in it (I weighed mine when it first came out), but I have two samples and both were probably 2/3 full AT least for .7 oz
This is what I sent BB.. :-S.

Oh goodness....that's crazy. I've used mine 4 times and it still feels quite full!
That was straight out of the box, no uses. Crazy huh! I have since used it a few times and feel like it hasn't gone down much (yay!) but I know that isn't .7 oz..

That was how full mine was as well. I didn't email though. There is plenty of use in it so I'm happy.

Originally Posted by bluemustang /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Honestly a lot of moisturizers I get straight from Sephora are about that full, maybe just slightly more.  I think most of the open-from-the-bottom type tubes of product like that are less-than-full.

I was finally able to try the Vasanti and my first thought upon applying it was, "this is glorious!"  This product might be giving my ExfoliKate a run for its money.

Originally Posted by bluemustang /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's about what mine looked like, although mine was filled to just the top of the bottom print. I got one in a Pick 2 in December, and it had much more product. Birchbox is sending a replacement, which I really appreciate. 

I gave away 3 of my 5 samples this month, and this was one of the 2 I will use, which is basically why I emailed. If they had followed my profile and not sent green polish and curly hair stuff I might not have minded as much. But they didn't and I did. 

Back