Birchbox February 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Ashitude /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Awesome stuff. I broke down and had to buy it. I have been searching for years for a product like this. Now my HG hair product... Which means it will be discontinued in the next few months. lol
Birchbox exclusive terrifies me. Because I can't find it anywhere else. Had to buy.

Originally Posted by Meahlea /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good thought. Debating between that and the green color club polish from this month Decided to get the caldrea hand soap instead because I don't need green nail polish or extra calories, but I am running out of hand soap in my bathroom! Yeah, it's a little more, but it's worth it. I think. Aughh
I LOVE the Caldrea hand soaps! So much so that I bought a Caldrea dish soap too and I love that! Even though I don't do dishes, it smells nice when my boyfriend does.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Awesome stuff. I broke down and had to buy it. I have been searching for years for a product like this. Now my HG hair product... Which means it will be discontinued in the next few months. lol
How do you use it and what benefits does it have for you? I know it's marketed as a detangler, but I think people were trying it for different things. I use it on my wet hair so it's easier to comb and let it air dry and it makes my hair super soft and shiney.

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How do you use it and what benefits does it have for you? I know it's marketed as a detangler, but I think people were trying it for different things. I use it on my wet hair so it's easier to comb and let it air dry and it makes my hair super soft and shiney.
I use it on the third day after I wash it, when it has really started to tangle.  It has been the only thing so far that has helped my hair look nice after combing it, and keeps the wave looking nice. (usually my hair gets crazy looking if I try to comb it at all once it dries, and usually at this point I have to put it up).

I love the detangler because a) I fight with my hair and tangles 24/7 as it cannot decide on a texture to save it's life and B) it holds my curls. Before, I'd brush my hair and it'd be all awkward and between wavy and straight, when I'd started with natural curls. Now I stay curly!

I went for the 20% off code! I didn't get the protector in my February box but after hearing you guys rave I needed to try it. If it's a Birchbox exclusive obviously I won't be able to find it cheaper anywhere else. Also, free shipping! Then I added a baggu backpack in the canvas color. $55.95 but with the coupon (-11.19) and my points (-$30) it's less than $15!

Originally Posted by audiophilekate /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm tempted to get something...
Dear Bank Account,

I'm sorry.

Love,

Kate

LMAO

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I use it when my hair is wet. It helps the wet combing. After my hair is dry it is usually dry, frizzy and dull looking but not when I use the beauty protector. It lays nice, no frizz and dryness. I like that I can get this without the weight or stiffness I get with a lot of hair products.

My hair is a thick, wavy, coarse, dry, frizzy mess.
scared2.gif

Dear Bank Account,

I'm sorry.

Love,

Kate
hahaha  I see this and picture all our bank accounts/ credit cards getting together to talk about how abused they are.

hahaha  I see this and picture all our bank accounts/ credit cards getting together to talk about how abused they are.
They have their own forum where their "most recent purchases" topic is where they talk about how they have been abused recently - doesn't seem too different from ours, which reminds me of an AA meeting.

Nooo!  You ladies are the 
devilish.gif
!!  I'm supposed to be saving my points on both accounts, and now you're all saying things like "HG product" and "Birchbox exclusive".  I can't take it!  I even just bought the Ojon Restorative Treatment from Sephora and don't have tangly hair, but even though I didn't get a sample of it I feel like I have to buy the Beauty Protector...

Does anyone know how it works on fine, straight hair?

For those of you who are in love with the Eyeko liners...they have all of the colors in stock now on BB's website.  I figured this would be the appropriate place to mention it...since there's a discount code up there somewhere.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I picked up brown and navy.

Originally Posted by ashleyanner /img/forum/go_quote.gif

For those of you who are in love with the Eyeko liners...they have all of the colors in stock now on BB's website.  I figured this would be the appropriate place to mention it...since there's a discount code up there somewhere.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I picked up brown and navy.
I think my wallet is getting ready to run away from me at this point lol.

My wallet *should* run off and hide for the sake of all the clutter in my apartment: I'm getting a sizable annual bonus Friday! Whoo!

Originally Posted by ashleyanner /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've wanted to try the purple for a while, but I don't know how light it is.  I like the purple Urban Decay eyeliners I have and I like the Eyeko formula, but I wouldn't want a light or bright purple.  The little scribble on the BB website makes it seem pretty light...

They have their own forum where their "most recent purchases" topic is where they talk about how they have been abused recently - doesn't seem too different from ours, which reminds me of an AA meeting.
I am not looking at the thread. I do not need anymore ideas. Run wallet RUN!!

I've wanted to try the purple for a while, but I don't know how light it is.  I like the purple Urban Decay eyeliners I have and I like the Eyeko formula, but I wouldn't want a light or bright purple.  The little scribble on the BB website makes it seem pretty light...
I got the purple in a previous box, it's a very dark purple, not light or bright. I almost mistook it for black in low-lighting. In brighter light the purple is probably much more noticeable.

Originally Posted by inlustro /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got the purple in a previous box, it's a very dark purple, not light or bright. I almost mistook it for black in low-lighting. In brighter light the purple is probably much more noticeable.
Oh dear!  It appears as though the purple Eyeko eyeliner has hopped into my basket.  How on earth did that happen?

Latest posts

Back