Birchbox February 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was the same way until I found a pretty fabulous base coat that seriously dries within a minute or two and makes my nail a nice smooth surface to polish on
wink.gif
lol I guess I'm just super stubborn! I hate changing my routine unless it's absolutely necessary.

Quote: Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It isn't the brand, it's the color...certain colors stain more than others. (yes, even if you wear a green from one brand that doesn't stain, and then a green from another brand that ends up staining, it's still the color). Using a base coat helps to keep the staining at bay, and also lengthens the wear of the manicure by giving the polish something to 'grab on' to, and it also protects your nails. I always use a base coat, (at least) two coats of polish, and a top coat...and I never have chipping issues with 'normal' hand use within 4 or 5 days of painting, regardless of brand, and never any staining...I also use Lush Lemony Flutter Cuticle Butter to help keep my nails clear.
I have about 20 different bottles of greens including dupes of Wild Cactus and the other green from various other brands though that I use regularly and I've never had any of those stain. I've tried Color Club twice and both times ended up with yellow-green staining. Most polishes last a good 7 days on my nails without chipping majorly, and my nails are usually in good shape - no staining or breaking/peeling. Maybe I'll try out a base coat someday but it probably won't be anytime soon lol. That cuticle butter sounds amazing though, I'll have to check it out next time I'm at the mall!

Quote: Originally Posted by SnowLeopard /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@norther I would remove the polish and put a nail treatment or oil on overnight and use a base coat the next you paint them.

I probably won't remove the polish until tomorrow night at the earliest lol. Just got back home about an hour ago (it's 10PM now) and have been at work/uni since 7AM, a few more minutes of browsing MUT and I'm going to melt into my bed haha.

I don't know what it is about Color Club that just doesn't work for me :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I've gotten 3 of their polishes from BB and the first one (mint green) stained my nails an ugly yellow, and this Wild Cactus one did the same! I never bothered trying the blue one I got but liked Wild Cactus so thought I'd give it one more try. I was gonna let my nails breathe this week but they're so stained I ended up having to paint over them with black. I've never had this problem with any other brand of polish before.
I had the same thing happen. I found a solution by accident. I painted my nails a very neutral color (with a clear top coat) and realized I could still see that dreaded green stain underneath the paint. So, I removed the polish and when I did it picked up the green stain with it. Viola! It was all gone! Kind of pain ...and inadvertent ...but it worked!

I was in Marshall's last weekend and saw some Tigi hair products which were co-branded Bedhead. Same packaging but both brand names are on the label. Is Bedhead just changing the name of their product line?

Originally Posted by Jamie P /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How long does it typically take before you can review a welcome box? I've had mine for almost a week and I still can't review my products yet. 
Mine still says my first box will be shipping soon. Hopefully it changes soon so I can start hoarding points on that account.

Originally Posted by page5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was in Marshall's last weekend and saw some Tigi hair products which were co-branded Bedhead. Same packaging but both brand names are on the label. Is Bedhead just changing the name of their product line?
They've always been Tigi AFAIK. It's just a product line, I've seen Bedhead next to plain Tigi next to Catwalk (also Tigi) on store shelves.

Originally Posted by LuckyJenJen /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I had the same thing happen. I found a solution by accident. I painted my nails a very neutral color (with a clear top coat) and realized I could still see that dreaded green stain underneath the paint. So, I removed the polish and when I did it picked up the green stain with it. Viola! It was all gone! Kind of pain ...and inadvertent ...but it worked!
My friend had the same problem and scrubbed her hands with a lemon and it worked.

My friend had the same problem and scrubbed her hands with a lemon and it worked.
I sometimes mix baking soda and hydrogen peroxide into a paste, cover my nails or just hold them in the goo for a few minutes, and then scrub off.

I'm put the green polish on yesterday (I have no green polish, i'm cool toned and most greens make me look sick) and keep being surprised at how.. loud.. It is. LOL

I sent Birchbox a message on Facebook and was messages back today. Not only are they sending another Vasanti, the response time was so much quicker than email!!

For those that were having a problem with reviewing your welcome box, I emailed Birchbox and they fixed it (they said it was a technical error on their end). So I'd try emailing if you haven't yet.

Originally Posted by hellopengy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

For those that were having a problem with reviewing your welcome box, I emailed Birchbox and they fixed it (they said it was a technical error on their end). So I'd try emailing if you haven't yet.
I emailed them to see. It doesn't even show up in my history as receiving a welcome box. My history shows the regular Jan & Feb boxes, but not the welcome box I received in December.

I got my first box today!

I'm not super impressed, but I'll give them a couple more months and honestly I love the points system and I will use all the items so its fine :)

I got:

Dr Jart Black Label BB Cream. I had wanted to try one of these so I was really excited! It seems like the right color for me too.

Nicole Richie Perfume Sample. I love perfume samples and this smells good, so I'll definatly be using it!

Chocolate Square. I always have a bag of these at home, so I love this!

FusionBeauty Lash Fusion XL black mascara. I love getting mascara because I am always looking for a good black mascara so this will totally get used. Plus the sample size I believe is valued at $12 so thats more then the cost of the box and I will use it! I tried it when I got it and it just makes my lashes darker and more fuller, not really longer, so even though I won't buy it I'll use it, because it is nice for a natural look.

Vasanti Brighten Up! Face Rejuvenator. It's a cleanser. It sucks that it was half empty, but its still a nice size sample. I'm going to use this tonight after I take my makeup off. It smells amazing!
I'm looking forward to next month and I hope its as good or better then this month!

I just got a gift sub to BB... I'm so excited for my first box! I get sample society and glossy USA... Yay for another box of surprises!

I'm tempted to get something...
If you want to use points, spend no actual money, and get the bare minimum on this one, you will need to order $37.50 worth of stuff, including an item with free shipping. This will cost you 300 points. I haven't tried it yet to see if a pick-two freebie is considered as part of the base order amount.

I was going to use the code to order the bi facil make up remover because I used all mine up...but I can't find anything I want/need to add to use the coupon so I'm just not going to bother and I'll go get neutrogena make up remover. This is an odd feeling lol.

I'm thinking of ordering the beauty protector hair spray because it is so my HG hair product. But I'd have to add something small to it to use the code and don't know what to add. >.<

Originally Posted by Jamie P /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When in doubt, add chocolate lol
Good thought. Debating between that and the green color club polish from this month Decided to get the caldrea hand soap instead because I don't need green nail polish or extra calories, but I am running out of hand soap in my bathroom! Yeah, it's a little more, but it's worth it. I think. Aughh

Originally Posted by Meahlea /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm thinking of ordering the beauty protector hair spray because it is so my HG hair product. But I'd have to add something small to it to use the code and don't know what to add. >.<
Awesome stuff. I broke down and had to buy it. I have been searching for years for a product like this. Now my HG hair product... Which means it will be discontinued in the next few months. lol

Latest posts

Back