Birchbox February 2014 (SPOILERS)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It came! My missing box materialized from the ether and found its way to me! (I'd like to think it's due to my recent binge watching of Doctor Who on Netflix) I get to try the Caudalie Cleansing Water! And Ruby Wing hot pink polish! And Couture La La Malibu! And more BP oil! And the miracle Skin transformer. This was seriously one of the best boxes I've ever gotten, and I was so bummed when it was lost and BB couldn't send me a replacement. But newgistics must have found it, and it was in my mailbox! Oh Happy Day!

It came! My missing box materialized from the ether and found its way to me! (I'd like to think it's due to my recent binge watching of Doctor Who on Netflix) I get to try the Caudalie Cleansing Water! And Ruby Wing hot pink polish! And Couture La La Malibu! And more BP oil! And the miracle Skin transformer. This was seriously one of the best boxes I've ever gotten, and I was so bummed when it was lost and BB couldn't send me a replacement. But newgistics must have found it, and it was in my mailbox! Oh Happy Day!
Yay!!! Congrats. Have fun with your pretties!

I love both the BP Oil and Spray!  But- I think the oil is pretty comparable to a lot of oils that you can get for much cheaper.  I really like the oil, and I'll use my whole sample up, but I'll probably go back to my Organix Oil right after.  I use both leave in conditioner and oil, and I spray my scalp with tea tree oil, and I use conditioner in the shower.  Y'all can have some of my volume, there's no taming this mess.

[@]elizabethrose[/@] I'll have to check out the oil you use. I guess birchbox lives up to its discovery service purpose since I've gotten Argan oil samples and the like in sephora orders, etc. But the BP one is the first I've tried and I liked it. I've since gone back into my sample stash and have tried the Argan they sent out in feb, BP oil, and the Bumble and Bumble hairdresser oil. I like all of them equally because I feel like they all did the same thing and made my hair nice and soft

Quote: Originally Posted by usofjessamerica /img/forum/go_quote.gif

@elizabethrose I'll have to check out the oil you use. I guess birchbox lives up to its discovery service purpose since I've gotten Argan oil samples and the like in sephora orders, etc. But the BP one is the first I've tried and I liked it. I've since gone back into my sample stash and have tried the Argan they sent out in feb, BP oil, and the Bumble and Bumble hairdresser oil. I like all of them equally because I feel like they all did the same thing and made my hair nice and soft

Yeah girl!  I use up all the argan oil samples they send me like crazy, but I do have two different kinds of Organix ones that I keep on hand.  They smell magical, not like the BP oil but still absolutely fantastic.  http://www.ogxhair.com/product/extra-penetrating-oil This one is great if you have super dry hair- I use it on my coarse thick hair when I really need some extra moisture.  http://www.ogxhair.com/product/weightless-healing-oil And this one is great if you need oil but you want it a little lighter- it's also easier on your volume.  I have both and use both super regularly!  All the oils from the Organix line are phenomenal :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  And they're so cheap.  $7 for most of the bottles and they last for a while!! Much easier than $20 ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Share how the water is, I've wondered. And the skin transformer, this one is a highlighter, right? Yay for more oil!

Quote: Originally Posted by usofjessamerica /img/forum/go_quote.gif

@elizabethrose I'll have to check out the oil you use. I guess birchbox lives up to its discovery service purpose since I've gotten Argan oil samples and the like in sephora orders, etc. But the BP one is the first I've tried and I liked it. I've since gone back into my sample stash and have tried the Argan they sent out in feb, BP oil, and the Bumble and Bumble hairdresser oil. I like all of them equally because I feel like they all did the same thing and made my hair nice and soft

Yeah, I love the way the BP oil smells, but I have a ton of different oils (ranging from Redken to Morroccanoil to Suave) and honestly, they all perform very similarly, if not identically. I love the BP's scent the most, but that's not big enough of a deal for me to spend that much on it when I can get the Suave for so cheap! They're all really just silicone and oil, so the price differences are just crazy (I'm looking at you, Moroccanoil...)

Now, I'm just trying to decide if the BP spray is worth the price for me...I have been using the Healthy Sexy Hair leave-in (which is about $4 cheaper, I think) but even that is a bit overpriced for me. I'm on a mission to find a really great leave-in spray that is affordable. I love the BP scent, but it's hard for me to convince myself to spend $22 on it!

(And the shampoo and conditioner are just crazily priced for me, too!)

I feel like I'm the only one who isn't in love with the smell of the BP spray. The BP oil isn't as potent to me. I got this Ion (I think?) brand spray leave in conditioner from Sally. I got it for free with a purchase but I think it's $8 for 8oz and I feel like it does the same thing as the BP spray. I'll check it out when I get home. I like it but it's not something I use in my hair rotation every time after I shower

Quote: Originally Posted by hrhvittoria /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Still waiting for my box. -.-'
Me too. My first box got lost in Newgistics purgatory, and my second one is MIA, too. 
frown.gif

Me too. My first box got lost in Newgistics purgatory, and my second one is MIA, too.  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Mine is supposedly being forwarded from my old address to my current address, but it's taking like two weeks and it usually only takes like three days (for usps which is who is handling the box at this point) for shit to get from PA to Iowa. RAGE. I'm thinking of calling birchbox tomorrow. Even though they're out of February boxes, I want to make sure that my march box will come to the right address. (I updated it on the website, but...)

I FINALLY GOT MY BB!

Unfortunately the tea I got will kill me. Womp womb, grapefruit. (Grapefruit anything + von Willebrand's = nononononono.)

Verrrry pleasantly surprised with the size of the shampoo and conditioner samples, though! I can't wait to try them :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I feel like I'm the only one who isn't in love with the smell of the BP spray. The BP oil isn't as potent to me. I got this Ion (I think?) brand spray leave in conditioner from Sally. I got it for free with a purchase but I think it's $8 for 8oz and I feel like it does the same thing as the BP spray. I'll check it out when I get home. I like it but it's not something I use in my hair rotation every time after I shower
I actually don't like the scent either! It's too sweet for me and I prefer clean or floral scents.

I really liked the BP scent when I received it, and I love how the spray detangles my hair without weighing it down too much.  But now that I am pregnant, the smell kind of makes me nauseous!  Now I only use the spray sparingly and switched over to using my 12 Benefits the majority of the time.  I also have the conditioner, and it seems much stronger in smell (maybe it is just the steam amplifying it or something).  I can't use it at all.

got the harney &sons tea in my birchbox! yay! finally! after months of wishing i get tea, i finally did!!!! i absolutely love tea, and these ones are goood.. hmm.mmm...mmm... i wish i get more tea! hahaha

Quote: Originally Posted by easybreezy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Don't know why your quote disappeared, but UGH I hate the smell too! It's this weird cocoa thing that makes me feel sick to my stomach. And I'm not pregnant, so I don't know what to say about that hahaha.

BP Spray shall sit in my donations drawer from now on.

So... We all remember the Benefit Big Easy Peelie issue, right? I went to Ulta today and the nice lady at the Benefit counter gave me THESE:
A little tube! Definitely enough for 2-3 full face applications. Also, how cute is that teeny brush with the matte powder!? So maybe if you want a bigger size sample of Big Easy, try Ulta? Couldn't hurt! The lady had a whole drawer full of the stuff!

So... We all remember the Benefit Big Easy Peelie issue, right? I went to Ulta today and the nice lady at the Benefit counter gave me THESE:
A little tube! Definitely enough for 2-3 full face applications. Also, how cute is that teeny brush with the matte powder!? So maybe if you want a bigger size sample of Big Easy, try Ulta? Couldn't hurt! The lady had a whole drawer full of the stuff!
This is too cute!! Did they have them in all colors?

@usofjessamerica Yes they did!  She gave me the Light (lightest shade) and gave my aunt the Light/Medium.  I could see little rows of all the different shades.

(And I'm totally using that tiny brush to get out the last of my The Balm's Sexy Mama powder from the edges of my compact!  It's about 80% pan right now, and my poor fluffy kabuki brush just can't pick up the powder like it should anymore!)

@usofjessamerica  Yes they did!  She gave me the Light (lightest shade) and gave my aunt the Light/Medium.  I could see little rows of all the different shades. (And I'm totally using that tiny brush to get out the last of my The Balm's Sexy Mama powder from the edges of my compact!  It's about 80% pan right now, and my poor fluffy kabuki brush just can't pick up the powder like it should anymore!)
Good to know! There's 2 or 3 ultas around milwaukee but I'm NEVER on those sides of town.

Back