Birchbox February 2014 (SPOILERS)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know if this had been brought up or not, but when did birchbox change the minimum gift card amount from $10 to $25? I went to gift my second account using points and couldn't do it in a $10 increment like before. : ( boooooo!

I don't know if this had been brought up or not, but when did birchbox change the minimum gift card amount from $10 to $25? I went to gift my second account using points and couldn't do it in a $10 increment like before. : ( boooooo!
You can change the amount. I thought the same thing.

Quote: Originally Posted by AshJs3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ok, I'm totally ordering the BP oil! I'm sure they'll send it out again, but I just can't wait!
I ordered it too. It's sooo amazing.

Quote: Originally Posted by quene8106 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have no idea why birchbox is worrying about my points expiring. They don't go away until December.

Whew.  I was super-pissed when I got that email.  My points shouldn't expire until September and I got that email too.  Oddly enough, it was just two weeks ago that I checked the box to receive emails about points expiring.  I emailed them asking about it, since I'm hoarding my points for my 2 year anniversary in May.

I got the points expiring notice, and the only explanation I could think of if is whether Birchbox redeems points using a "last in, first out" or "first in, first out" approach.

I don't think I've ever redeemed all of my points (e.g., gone back to zero points).  And the very first points I earned would be expiring soon.  So if they redeem the most recent points you earned, I suppose it's possible that my very oldest points are getting to be a year old.

I looked in the FAQ and didn't see this addressed.  Does anyone know?

Also, make sure you're getting the electronic gift card, not the physical one. Each has different amount tiers. The physical one starts at $25, but the electronic one starts at $10.

Quote: Originally Posted by jennm149 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I got the points expiring notice, and the only explanation I could think of if is whether Birchbox redeems points using a "last in, first out" or "first in, first out" approach.

I don't think I've ever redeemed all of my points (e.g., gone back to zero points).  And the very first points I earned would be expiring soon.  So if they redeem the most recent points you earned, I suppose it's possible that my very oldest points are getting to be a year old.

I looked in the FAQ and didn't see this addressed.  Does anyone know?
That was my first thought and that's why I was super annoyed.  I emailed BB Ops and have already heard back.  It was an email glitch.  Just as I expected, my points don't expire until September.  So it seems they DO use the first in, first out approach, thank goodness.

Quote: Originally Posted by MrsMeow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  That was my first thought and that's why I was super annoyed.  I emailed BB Ops and have already heard back.  It was an email glitch.  Just as I expected, my points don't expire until September.  So it seems they DO use the first in, first out approach, thank goodness.

Phew.  That's a relief.  Thanks for checking!

Is there any easy way to know when you points expire? So far all my points are from Feb 2014, how does it work when adding different months?
I believe they expire a year after you earn them and when you spend points, it's a first in first out kinda rule. They use your oldest points first.

I believe they expire a year after you earn them and when you spend points, it's a first in first out kinda rule. They use your oldest points first.
Is there any easy way to know when you points expire? So far all my points are from Feb 2014, how does it work when adding different months? Ok thank you, I need a lot of points I want to get a good discount on a clairisonic face cleaner.

Oy. BB sent me the wrong box. The box that was showing on my account (45) was not the box I received (1). I emailed BB and they said they would send me the box that was showing on my account originally. My box showed up today and....they sent me box 1 AGAIN. Wah! I wanted to try the W3LL Universalist and the Sarahpotempo. I emailed them again...but perhaps it was just not meant to be.

Is there any easy way to know when you points expire? So far all my points are from Feb 2014, how does it work when adding different months? Ok thank you, I need a lot of points I want to get a good discount on a clairisonic face cleaner.
That's something I'm saving my points for as well! I currently have 555 points ($50) and the first ones don't expire until October. Yay!

Has anyone tried the Tata Harper Resurfacing Mask on a regular basis? I tried a foil and it seemed nice enough, I'm just not sure it's better than a cheaper, Acure product.  I actually wish BB had a larger selection of Acure!
I just ordered an acure body wash from the BB shop. My first time with the brand but I hear good things so I'm excited.

Also, make sure you're getting the electronic gift card, not the physical one. Each has different amount tiers. The physical one starts at $25, but the electronic one starts at $10.
Thank you ladies!! I was bummed out! I will have to look at it again and see where to change it. I thought they had caught on.

Kinda off topic, but kind of not... has anyone tried both the BP oil and the BP spray? I can only afford one right now. I received the oil and LOVED it, but I've seen a lot of people loved the spray. I do have a problem with tangles (I have really long, thick hair). Any thoughts on which is better?

Quote: Originally Posted by trustlust /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Kinda off topic, but kind of not... has anyone tried both the BP oil and the BP spray? I can only afford one right now. I received the oil and LOVED it, but I've seen a lot of people loved the spray. I do have a problem with tangles (I have really long, thick hair). Any thoughts on which is better?
I have long thick hair and I'm in love with the BP spray. To me it's more necessary than the oil because I don't condition my hair. I've found that not conditioning and using the spray afterwards is the best for making my hair not oily, since that's a big problem for me. But I'm dreading the day I run out of my BP oil sample, I'll probably be ordering a full size of it as soon as i have 200 points.

I guess I'm the opposite of [@]kawaiimeows[/@] My hair is on the drier side. I love the oil. I don't condition my hair either because I think it kills my volume. I think the oil helps me out in the dry department and i feel like I have less tangles! So I guess between KawaiiMeow's review and mine, hopefully that helps!

Quote: Originally Posted by usofjessamerica /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I guess I'm the opposite of @kawaiimeows My hair is on the drier side. I love the oil. I don't condition my hair either because I think it kills my volume. I think the oil helps me out in the dry department and i feel like I have less tangles! So I guess between KawaiiMeow's review and mine, hopefully that helps!
Now that I think of it, my hair has had a lot more volume since I cut the conditioner and started using the BP spray and oil instead. I think something about conditioner just weighed my hair down. One reason I always kept my hair short was because it was unmanagable when long, but the spray and oil have helped me enjoy growing it out immensely.

Back