Birchbox February 2014 (SPOILERS)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got it on Saturday... I unscrewed the top and squeezed out the air... Then it pumped out just fine.
I finally went to the post office and waited until they found my packages. My eye cream also wouldn't pump out and when I took the cap off there is only a very small straw that doesn't go very far into the bottle so I have to squeeze the tube and pump at the same time.

I received my replacement box today, Box #1 like most of the others I've seen. Anyway, I was pleased to see that not only wasn't the BP oil shattered, but a pillow box was being used... so I was surprised to find the OPI damaged. It was packaged in the pillow box with the tea packets wrapped around it. So I'm guessing it's a temperature change thing.

Here's a pic:

My question: should I email Birchbox about it?

I know they're out of boxes so they can't send another one, and the polish might be usable if I can remove the dried polish from the bottle...

[/url] My question: should I email Birchbox about it? I know they're out of boxes so they can't send another one, and the polish might be usable if I can remove the dried polish from the bottle... Couldn't hurt. Maybe they will throw some points your way.

Got my Birchbox today. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I actually love it all except for the Black Tea. I'll take the green tea all dang day! lol. So, the black tea will get given away. 

QUESTION: I'm over 100 points now, so I have 10$ in the BB shop. If I buy something from the BB shop, do I HAVE to use those points or can I just save them? Also, if you purchase something with BB points, do you still get points for that amount?

Got my Birchbox today. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I actually love it all except for the Black Tea. I'll take the green tea all dang day! lol. So, the black tea will get given away.  QUESTION: I'm over 100 points now, so I have 10$ in the BB shop. If I buy something from the BB shop, do I HAVE to use those points or can I just save them? Also, if you purchase something with BB points, do you still get points for that amount?
no it gives you the option to save them during Che k out but if you use your points you don't get points . say youbuy something for Say 20 bucks after your 100 points you will get 10 dollars in poi

Quote: Originally Posted by trustlust /img/forum/go_quote.gif

QUESTION: I'm over 100 points now, so I have 10$ in the BB shop. If I buy something from the BB shop, do I HAVE to use those points or can I just save them? Also, if you purchase something with BB points, do you still get points for that amount?
I believe points expire after a year, but technically you could keep saving until then? That's actually what I'm planning to do...try a bunch of stuff and then use all my points to splurge on a bunch of luxurious items 
biggrin.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by angienharry /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I tried the john Frieda it was just ok. After using the bp oil it's hard to be happy with anything else. I will use it when I run out of the bp. I went to cvs and exchanged the Sally Hansen for a pretty purple color so I'm excited to try the 3 in 1 formula
You can do this?? That's the only thing I wasn't happy with in my box because I just got an IDENTICAL color in my ipsy bag. Did you just tell them you lost your receipt or something? How does this work? lol.

I told myself I was going to cancel BB this month, but that point system keeps me hanging on. I had $30 in points and then a 20% off code. I splurged and got a the Suki Foaming Facial Scrub, Algenist Firm & Lift and a bar of Shea Terra Black Soap for $78. I know that seems like a lot but considering the Algenist is $94 on its own...that's quite the deal!

I also earned points and now have another $10 sitting in my account. Man, I wish I knew how to quit you BB....

You can do this?? That's the only thing I wasn't happy with in my box because I just got an IDENTICAL color in my ipsy bag. Did you just tell them you lost your receipt or something? How does this work? lol.
I wasn't asking for money back so I just told them I had a polish and needed to exchange it for another color. Someone came over and scanned in mine with a handheld scanner thing and scanner the new one and said here u go. Super easy.

Slightly off topic but.. Just FYI for the Suki lovers, @sparklegirl posted in the enablers thread that everything is BOGO on their website right now. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Code is MAR14BOGO.

Quote: Originally Posted by jbird1175 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I told myself I was going to cancel BB this month, but that point system keeps me hanging on. I had $30 in points and then a 20% off code. I splurged and got a the Suki Foaming Facial Scrub, Algenist Firm & Lift and a bar of Shea Terra Black Soap for $78. I know that seems like a lot but considering the Algenist is $94 on its own...that's quite the deal!

I also earned points and now have another $10 sitting in my account. Man, I wish I knew how to quit you BB....
suki is buy one get on free on their website now! but with points i guess it was free too! yay!

Just received my broken BP oil replacement box. Got box #1 like my account said, Pores No More, Purple OPI, Harvey & Sons Tea (in the flavors I wanted!), Joan Vass perfume (yuck), and best of all an intact BP oil! It smells amazing, I can't wait to finally try it! I was so jazzed I was getting this box instead, because I wanted the tea and the OPI and I didn't get them on my other two accounts! Squeeeeee! 
11.gif

I caved and got a second sub. I wasn't expecting to get a February box, because I just signed up last week and thought it was sold out, but one was waiting on my door step this afternoon. I'm super excited, and I managed to only get one repeat item (Hello by Harvey Prince), which isn't the worst thing in the world to get a duplicate of. Even more exciting – I got the BP protect & oil. I'm so excited to try it out!!!
Random side question – is shipping info sometimes delayed? I never received a shipping notification for this box nor does my profile say anything about me having a box.

Random side question – is shipping info sometimes delayed? I never received a shipping notification for this box nor does my profile say anything about me having a box.
My first box tracking info didn't update at all until several days after I got my box. I signed up in the middle of the month. I'm also pretty sure I read about others having the same experience as well.

Quote: Originally Posted by caseybean025 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My first box tracking info didn't update at all until several days after I got my box. I signed up in the middle of the month. I'm also pretty sure I read about others having the same experience as well.

Thanks! I've never had any issues with sub #1, so I didn't know if this could be normal.

Thanks! I've never had any issues with sub #1, so I didn't know if this could be normal.
No problem! Glad to help! I'm guessing it probably depends when exactly you signed up, when your box shipped, etc. I can see how tracking info could possibly get lost in the shuffle for boxes that aren't shipped in the normal "waves" at the beginning of the month.

I am amazed by the Joan Vass perfume. I got the pink Opale one and it's really nice. The Birchbox card says "...orange with notes of cinnamon and musk. It smells like hyacinths and lilacs to me, maybe paperwhites, but those give me headaches and this perfume doesn't. No musk, either when just sprayed or after it dries. Just the floral. Scent descriptions can be so deceptive.

Latest posts

Back