Birchbox February 2015 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The same thing happened to me. *sigh* I am kind of hoping that the original one will show up in the end, but am not holding my breath. My replacement box has a couple of the things from the curated box, so I can tell they tried to make it right, but I am still disappointed.
After leaving Mt Juliet (which is 5 miles from me), my box evidently traveled to New Jersey, then Indiana and now has been "stuck" in Atlanta for about 5 days. That is one stupid way to get to Nashville. This is my first month with Birchbox and I'm very disappointed with their shipping. I'm going to give it a few more days and then will email customer service, as this is nuts. I was so excited to get my first box, and now i'm really bummed. I'll give BB another month, but if this is how its going to go, I'm going to have to cancel. 

Please let me know when you receive the tote bag!!! Would you be able to post a picture? Because I am very interested in getting it when it's back in stock.  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Thank you!!!!
I will post pics as soon as I get it.  I got an email yesterday that my order would be delayed due to bad weather.  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

After leaving Mt Juliet (which is 5 miles from me), my box evidently traveled to New Jersey, then Indiana and now has been "stuck" in Atlanta for about 5 days. That is one stupid way to get to Nashville. This is my first month with Birchbox and I'm very disappointed with their shipping. I'm going to give it a few more days and then will email customer service, as this is nuts. I was so excited to get my first box, and now i'm really bummed. I'll give BB another month, but if this is how its going to go, I'm going to have to cancel. 
I have found that shipping companies are very odd/inefficient in the way they move packages.  And it's not only subscription boxes.  For example, take my recent Amazon purchase.  I placed my order not knowing the company is located two towns away from me.  It went from their shop, to a different town next to me (and passed through my town to get there as my town is in between).  There it 'started' it's journey.  It then went to the consolidation facility in the next state and then back to the post office in yet a different town next to me and then to me.  So it visited three of the four towns surrounding me and a different state.   I was so miffed I actually called FedEx when it went to the next state!

Oh, sorry!  I guess I wasn't clear.  I know my box as it has already arrived.  Maybe I misinterpreted but I thought I'd read that there is a way to see all the other boxes that I did not receive.
Sure!! Just enter this link in your browser and then replace the number at the end with the next box number, i.e. 1, 2, 3, and so on.

https://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox-1/february-2015/february-2015-bb1

I think this month there were about 60+ variations :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I will post pics as soon as I get it.  I got an email yesterday that my order would be delayed due to bad weather.  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Thanks so much!!! Yes I know, I ordered some tea and I got the same notification. The weather has been making things crazy for the last couple of weeks, but hopefully it will be with you soon  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

That's the usual route every month. Basically it's the reason we get free shipping on our boxes. Also, the boxes don't necessarily get scanned at every stop, so they can be moving from city to city without the tracking reflecting it.

Hi! Sure - just enter this link on your browser and it should take you to your February box: https://www.birchbox.com/me/boxes/women/2015/2
I happened to mention this on BB's facebook page to someone whose 'your box' link wasn't showing up.  Birchbox replied saying not to use the link because it wouldn't necessarily show you the correct samples and the reviews might not credit points to your account correctly.  

That said, I had to use the link to do my reviews and it worked out perfectly... sooooooo yeah.

Sure!! Just enter this link in your browser and then replace the number at the end with the next box number, i.e. 1, 2, 3, and so on.

https://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox-1/february-2015/february-2015-bb1

I think this month there were about 60+ variations :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Thank you for sharing that.  There were very, very few boxes that did not have fragrance.  Is it always like that?  Does anyone know the answer to this:  I know you are not supposed to get the same thing twice; however, some products come in both men's and women's boxes.  If you subscribe to both and you get a product in one type of box, does that prevent you from getting it in the other?

Thank you for sharing that.  There were very, very few boxes that did not have fragrance.  Is it always like that?  Does anyone know the answer to this:  I know you are not supposed to get the same thing twice; however, some products come in both men's and women's boxes.  If you subscribe to both and you get a product in one type of box, does that prevent you from getting it in the other?
Fragrances are very common in boxes from experience.

I remember seeing someone ask Birchbox about something similar on fb and Birchbox replied that you can get the same product in a man's and woman's box because they are considered to be different subscriptions.  I think they said something along those lines, but you should double check! 

dangit posted in the wrong month and dont know how to delete lol. i can edit but anyone know how to delete a post or they dont do that?

Yes, I did it! After fighting with myself for so long, I finally opened that second account in the hopes of receiving a Beauty Blender. Did I receive it? Nope! I am getting an average (meh-ish) box:
1. Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle (Already received two in my original account)
2. Cynthia Rowley Beauty Creamy Lip Stain

3. Lord & Berry Pailettes Eye Pencil (Already received one in my original account)

4. Harvey Prince Hello Body Cream (Already received one in my original account)

5. BeeKind™ Shampoo

Anyway, at least I received 100 points using the code "JILLIAN" and 50 points in my original account for referral. So, I can consider this as a free box ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Fingers crossed for March :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yes, I did it! After fighting with myself for so long, I finally opened that second account in the hopes of receiving a Beauty Blender. Did I receive it? Nope! I am getting an average (meh-ish) box:

1. Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle (Already received two in my original account)

2. Cynthia Rowley Beauty Creamy Lip Stain

3. Lord & Berry Pailettes Eye Pencil (Already received one in my original account)

4. Harvey Prince Hello Body Cream (Already received one in my original account)

5. BeeKind™ Shampoo
^^That box is the most Birchbox-ish box EVER.

I think I am one of maybe 7 subscribers who has never received that Beauty Protector Protect and Detangle (on either of two subs). I've been curious to try it for like, a year now. It seems others have gotten it in abundance....I suppose I could get a trade list going...

...but then I'll have confront how my beauty product "assortment" has morphed into an all out hoarding situation. 

Nah, I'll stick with denial and avoidance  :blink2:

I've got the Beauty Protector on multiple occasions and I just stick in the drawer :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I like beauty protector, too :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> The size is great for carry-on luggage, I already finished one in Bermuda over Christmas. I will keep this one for another vacation.
^^That box is the most Birchbox-ish box EVER.

I think I am one of maybe 7 subscribers who has never received that Beauty Protector Protect and Detangle (on either of two subs). I've been curious to try it for like, a year now. It seems others have gotten it in abundance....I suppose I could get a trade list going...

...but then I'll have confront how my beauty product "assortment" has morphed into an all out hoarding situation. 

Nah, I'll stick with denial and avoidance  :blink2:
:D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Hoarder over here, too.

I have never tried trading, don't know how that works. If I ever trade, I would probably put shampoo-conditioner, hair spray, and perfume samples (if anybody wants them) out for trade.

I like the Beauty Protector and Hello cream. But I really dislike that eye pencil, it's teeny tiny and really hard to apply (does not glide easily).

Denial and avoidance sounds like a good plan, I'll join you on that  :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm putting this here because I ordered the Home Sweet Homespun as my February Birchbox Plus.

When I opened the box, it felt that there was a powdery substance on some items. On further examination, I noticed that the tin for the cookie mix wasn't closed properly, a bag of flour had opened and some of it had spilled into the box. I am leery of using the mix now and wondered if I wrote to Birchbox if they would replace the tin. Everything else was sealed/seemed fine.

I'm putting this here because I ordered the Home Sweet Homespun as my February Birchbox Plus.

When I opened the box, it felt that there was a powdery substance on some items. On further examination, I noticed that the tin for the cookie mix wasn't closed properly, a bag of flour had opened and some of it had spilled into the box. I am leery of using the mix now and wondered if I wrote to Birchbox if they would replace the tin. Everything else was sealed/seemed fine.
It's worth contacting them. They are usually good at replacing items that arrive broken or unusable.

I am wondering if anyone else encountered this problem. I reserved the RTR box last month when I received Early Access sample choice. I opened my box when it came and it was the Valentine's Day box that was pretty much a "welcome box" even though I have been subscribed to bb for awhile now. I emailed bb and they assured me that they would sent me the RTR box asap. Well, I received the box today and it was the same Valentine's box that I received the first time!! I am so frustrated because I have been waiting for the RTR box because I was so excited to try every single product. Instead, I received a box of things I wasn't interested in trying at all TWICE!! I just sent bb another email hoping that they still even have the RTR box in stock. Who knows though..I might receive the Valentine's one for a third time

Back